Unpredictable

7

I woke up to loud noises downstairs, and Calum groaned from beside me. I blinked, and my brain caught up with the realization that today was the day they were leaving for tour. Everyone was downstairs to meet and say goodbye before leaving.

I groaned too and buried my face in Calum's chest.

"Do I have to leave?" He rasped out.

I frowned, pulling him closer to my body.

"I'd love to stay here with you forever, bub, but I'm pretty sure Mikey is going to be in here in 3, 2,1..."

Just as I finished counting, the red haired boy burst into the room and threw himself on the bed.

"Wake up, lovers! Everyone is downstairs waiting for your lazy asses."

"Mike, can you please be gentle for once in your life? Also, can we have 5 minutes?" Calum asked his friend.

Michael's face softened, and he stood up, nodding.

"5 minutes before I send mama Liz up."

He left the room and Calum groaned again.

"I have to go back on tour with that. Please pity me."

I chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

"Sorry, hon, but you signed up for that."

Calum sighed and turned to look at me, kissing my forehead.

"I'm gonna miss you." He whined.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Cal. But you're gonna be home in 2 months for a visit, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to miss everything." He protested, putting a hand gently on my stomach, which was already getting bloated.

"Babe, it's okay." I assured him, kissing the pout off his face. "We'll skype and stuff and you can see everything."

"But what if something goes wrong?" He whispered.

"Calum, I'm going to be fine." I said, putting my hand over his on my stomach. "Now say goodbye to us and get going before mama Liz comes up."

He sighed before bending to kiss my stomach gently.

"You be nice to your mama." He said softly. "I'm not going to be gone long, I promise."

Tears welled in my eyes as Calum looked up at me with his own wet eyes before kissing my lips.

"I love you, Mackenzie." He said softly. "Thank you so much."

"I love you, Calum." I responded, kissing him again. "Now let's get going, rockstar."

I stood up and slipped on one of Calum's hoodies and shorts before linking my hand with his and walking down the stairs.

My brother was at the bottom, and when he saw my tears, he pulled me into a fierce hug. My hormones and the emotional situation were too much for me and I sobbed into my brother's arms.

"Mack." He said, and I could tell he was crying, too.

"C'mon, honey." My mom's arm was suddenly around me, pulling me gently away. "Let them leave."

Luke's eyes were red rimmed as he looked at our mom.

"Bye, mum." Luke said gently.

"Behave, Lu." She said, putting on her mother voice.

Everyone laughed before Ashton led the way outside. Calum was last out the door, and before he left, he planted a kiss on my lips.

"Love you."

"Love you too." I replied, kissing his cheek. "Oi, Ashton!" I called out the door at the oldest member of the band. He turned around from the driveway to raise an eyebrow at me.

"Take care of them, yeah?"

Ashton laughed before saluting me as the all piled into the car that was taking them to the airport.

My mom and I watched them go before shutting the door.

"C'mon, let's go watch a movie." She suggested gently.

I nodded and numbly followed my mom to the couch, wondering how I was going to deal with the next few months on my own.