Second Best

Hurt.

Two months past and nothing much was said between Ty and Kitty. Around two weeks after the break up she realized how she acted was stupid, and that she made a mistake. She wanted him back. She couldn't get her mind off him, no matter how hard she tried.

"Koala help me out."

"What's up dude?"

"I want him back. I want Ty back. I made a mistake."

"Dude, you need to move on...but I'll do my best ok?"

Since the break-up Ty still hung around the group. Still joking with Chipmunk and Koala. Kitty tried asking Ty back, once he agreed but about an hour later he changed his mind. It seems he couldn't forgive her, for making a fool out of him in front of his friends or that she accused him when there was nothing. Still she kept trying. She would make sure she bumped into him on his way to class or stand next to him when they would get lunch, but nothing.

<I have to get him back.>

She tried being just a friend and hanging out with him and Koala but it seemed uncomfortable to her, so she'd end up leaving to go elsewhere.

"Dude did you talk to Ty for me?"

"Of course I have. He's just been changing the subject"

"Oh..."

"Dude it's ok I'll keep trying"

.................

One day on Kitty's way to her next class that she shared with Koala. She bumped into Ty and Koala talking next her locker and Kitty made her way to them but as soon as she reached them he left.

"What did he say?"

"He didn't say anything. I asked and he just walked off"

"So I guess I really messed up huh?"

"Dude it's ok go ahead of me to class I still have to give Chipmunk back her notebook."

"Ok see you in class"

<Nothing yet. It's ok. He'll realize how much I still love him. I'm happy I have Koala to keep asking him for me. She's been so helpful. Maybe I should buy her a slice of pizza for lunch tomorrow as a thank you.>

Kitty reached her class and the bell rang.

"Shoot, where's Koala? She's going to be late."

"She's with Ty."

Across from kitty sat one of Koala's friend Leona. They've talked before and got along but she's got her own friends.

"No he walked off earlier. She said she was going to give something back to Chipmunk."

"You don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Ty and Koala and been together for awhile now."

.

...

.....

.......

<What....?>

"What do you mean?"

"Well Ty asked Koala like 2 weeks ago"

Kitty's heart felt heavy again.

Koala then walked into class and sat next to kitty.

"Hey what did I miss?"

"........"

"Kitty?"

She slid a note to her.

>Kitty? what's wrong.<

Her eyes filled with tears she slowly wrote.

>Don't lie to me. Are you with Ty?<

She slid it back to Koala. It seemed like an eternity but when the paper slid back Kitty closed her eyes and slowly opened them.

>Yeah.<

The bell rang to signal that school was over. Kitty put on her bag and walked. Koala didn't stop her. She didn't say anything else. Not even a sorry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lilith . Kitty
Shannon . Koala
Casandra . Chipmunk