Second Best

Friend or Foe?

Altogether now it's been a month and half that Koala and Ty have been together. Since finding out Kitty no longer wanted anything to do with Koala. She trusted her...even begged for her help in getting back Ty. In addition Chipmunk being friends with Koala a lot longer than Kitty, she chose to hang out with Koala and Ty over Kitty. So she spent her time during lunch hanging out with her other friends...Amber was supportive and helped to get Kitty's mind off of Ty.

"Thanks Amber."

"It's ok Kitty. Still can't believe she did that, and that he'd actually go for her. Your a lot more pretty Kitty."

She laughed. <If I was pretty I'm sure he wouldn't have gone for her...>

"I trusted her, told her all about him when we were dating. Told her all the flaws and all his positives...even told her his tickle spots...but I'm sure she's trying them out now."

"Kitty don't be so down. Ty wasn't even all that, he didn't see how good of a person you are."

<Good?>

For the next week Amber was in the hospital fighting off a sickness, leaving Kitty alone once again.

"Kitty...?"

<That voice...Koala....>

Kitty lifted her head that was hiding within her sleeves. Koala was kneeling next her, tears in her eyes.

"Can I talk to you?" She cautiously sat next to Kitty.

"What do you want..."

"I just wanted to tell you that I broke up with Ty. I'm sorry I was a horrible friend Kitty, but hearing the way you talked about him and how he looks. I couldn't help but like him when you were with him. I know I shouldn't have crossed that line but know that we didn't kiss and he never did want to any of those things he did with you. I saw how he looked each time you passed by and then I realized what I had done...so I broke it off with him." Koala burst out in tears.

The bell rang and Kitty quickly got to her feet.

"I need time to see if I can forgive you." Kitty walked.

..............

After another month or so everything seemed like it was back to normal. Kitty forgave Koala, but after all the gifts she was showered with by her.

"Kitty."

"What."

"Here."

Amber handed her a letter. It was written in Ty's handwriting.

Kitty meet me behind the school after the last class.

<What does he want. He's just been dating girl after girl after the whole thing with Koala.>

.................

Kitty waited in the spot she'd usually meet Ty at. He came around the corner holding his head down.

'What do you want Ty?"

He moved in for hug...as much as she wanted to push him off, she let it happen. Holding back her feelings as much as she could she gave a small smell to his sweater.

"Kitty....I just wanted a hug. And to tell you that sorry about Koala. But she's the one that asked me out and I didn't feel right about it but she said she'd start threatening suicide."

<what? Suicide?>

"After she tried to kiss me I had to break it off."

"Wait...what? Break it off? Koala told me that she broke up with you and that you never kissed."

"Really? She tried to kiss me. I told her to stop when she backed me up into a corner and she grabbed my face and tried to kiss me, I told her it felt wrong and pushed her off. She looked pissed and that's when I told her that I didn't want to be with her anymore. She started to cry and just walked away. I went to look for you but when I did she was sitting next to you. Each time I wanted to talk to you she was there and giving me an evil look."

<Why would she lie? Is he lying to me now?>

"I don't believe you."

"Believe me. She kept writing me messages about how she liked me and whatever and I kept telling her I was with you and yeah I did have a moment and ended up being with her. But I was not happy."

"Well what about the other girls that you dated after?"

"Kitty, as much as I loved you, I don't love you as much as I did. I just wanted to get everything straightened out"

It was then that Kitty's cell rang. It was her mother.