Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Ett

Lucy’s POV- January 2010
I finished painting Angela’s fingernails and reached for my hairband as she looked at them. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail as she blew on them.

“Have you ever wondered where and what we will be doing in the next couple of years?” I asked her.

Angela looked at her nails and shrugged.

“I hope we’re doing something we love doing”

"Or someone" I said.

Angela laughed and I shrugged. I was 19 years old, and I was still a virgin. I was not waiting till marriage, I was waiting until I was comfortable and so far no guy had made me feel comfortable enough.

"What, it's true. You never told me what you and Derek talked about?" I asked her.

Derek was Angela’s ex-boyfriend. He was her first love, first one, and her first heartbreak. He broke up with her because he didn't want the relationship to be a long distance relationship. Angela was going to UCLA and he was going out of state to Boston University.

"He just asked me how I was doing"

I nodded slowly and looked at her.

"Anything else?" I pushed.

I had bumped into Derek at the grocery store, and he had asked me about Angela. I decided to make him feel uncomfortable by telling him that she was talking to a guy. He tried to ask me more about it, but I told him I had to go. Derek got jealous easily, and well I used that against him.

"He asked me if I was seeing anyone"

I hummed and looked at her.

"He said you mentioned a guy"

I smiled and she shook her head.

"He deserves to squirm, he made you cry" I told her

She smiled.

"Bobbi interrupted our conversation, so he thinks I'm seeing someone"

I shrugged and looked at the nailpolishes.

"Libby told me that he hasn't dated anyone at BU" I told her.

Libby was a childhood friend of ours. She was also going to BU, and she bumped into Derek from time to time.

Angela shrugged.

"I wouldn't get back with him"

"I know you wouldn't" I told her

I looked down at the nail polishes and hummed as I decided on what nail polish to use. I decided on a nude color and I began taking the glittery nailpolish off of my nails with the cotton ball that had acetone on it.

“I hope Alex realizes she’s dating an asshole and dumps Enrique" I said.

Angela laughed and shook her head. She knew how much I despised Alex’s boyfriend. I also made sure to tell everyone that knew who they were. Alex was a close friend of mine, but her boyfriend was a jackass.

“I get that they’re dating, but you know I want to spend time with her. They go to school together, they don’t need to be attatched to the hip here too” I added.

The room door opened and Rosa walked in. She looked at us and frowned as she closed the door.

“You two started without me…. bitches”

She slipped off her shoes and got on the bed. She lied down and looked up at us.

“What were you talking about?”

Angela turned to her.

“Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?”

Rosa hummed and looked up at the ceiling. I grinned and let out a kissing noise.

“Married to Matt, be Mrs. Delgado duh” I said.

Rosa rolled her eyes and smiled.

“Honestly I do”

Angela smiled as Rosa sat up.

“I see myself living with him and of course I’ll be married to him. My parents would never let me move in with him without being married”

Angela nodded and Rosa let out a deep breath as she turned to me.

“What about you Luce?”

I looked at her.

“I think for GradSchool I’m going to go back to Nashville” I said.

Angela looked at me a bit surprised. I couldn’t really look at her in the eye so I looked down at my nails. My parents and twin brother passed away in a car accident. I was the only survivor, and Uncle Nick (Angela’s dad) was given custody over me. He didn’t hesitate at all; I was his only sister’s daughter. I had been living with them since I was 6 years old.

“I didn’t know you were thinking that”

I had thought about going back to Nashville for Undergrad, but UCLA offered me an athletic scholarship. I had to compete for their gymnastics team, and they would pay for my education. I was crazy if I didn’t say no to that.

I looked up and nodded at her.

“Yea, I mean I was born there and raised there until the accident. I’m thankful Uncle Nick took me in, but I want to go back and if I have the chance I’ll go back” I told her.

I understand why it was surprise to her, when I turned 18 I had uncle Nick sell the house that I was inherrited at the death of my parents. I had great memories in the house, but I was not going to go and live in that house.

Angela nodded and Rosa turned to look at her..

“Where do you see yourself?”

Angela smiled.

“Hopefully finishing up GradSchool”

I nodded and smiled.

“Let’s make a promise” I started.

There was a knock on the door and Angela turned to look at the door.

“Come in”

Alex peeked inside and Angela smiled as her and Bobbi walked in. They closed the door and took off their shoes.

“I thought you’d be with Kike” I stated.

Alex looked at me as she got on the bed.

“I was, but my dad told him that I needed to spend time with my friends”

Rosa sat up and looked at me as I bit my lip from saying anything. Alex’s dad did not like his daughter’s boyfriend, and I agreed to why. Alex looked at the nail polishes and picked up a pink one.

“What were you guys doing before we got in?”

Bobbi got on the bed and looked at us. Angela turned to me and smiled.

“Lucy was proposing a promise”

Alex smiled.

“Well Luce, propose away”

I nodded and looked at Bobbi who was looking at the nail polishes. She chose a red one and I began speaking

“Let’s promise that no matter what happens, we will always stay friends” I stated.

Alex nodded and smiled.

“I promise”

Rosa smiled and looked at us.

“You guys will be bridesmaids at my wedding, so of course i promise”

Angela laughed and Bobbi spoke up.

“I promise”

I looked at Angela.

“Angie?” I asked her.

She looked at us and nodded as a smile formed on her face.

“I promise”

I smiled

“I promise as well” I said.

Alex, Angela, Bobbi and I graduated from College in 2012. Angela ended up in Dallas for Grad School. Alex and Bobbi stayed up in Northern California for GradSchool. Rosa got married and moved to another state with her husband. I would end up moving to Nashville for GradSchool. We somehow still remained friends though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! This chapter is exactly the same as the beginning of I'm Gonna Love You. Except it is in Lucy's POV. You don't need to read the other story to understand this one, thanks for reading!