Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Tio

Lucy’s POV- October 2014
“When am I meeting the Swedes?”

I looked at Uncle Nick who was fixing his sleeves on his shirt. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

“They’re actually in town, and at practice right now” I said.

He nodded slowly and I pulled out my phone. Uncle Nick chuckled when he realized I was taking a picture of him. I showed him the picture and he laughed.

“What are you captioning it?”

I smiled and hummed. I clicked my tongue as I typed out the caption. I showed it to him and he chuckled.

“Only you Lucy”

I grinned and we ate our lunch. Once he paid the bill (only cause he won the staredown) we made our way back to work. I left my phone in my office, so by the time I looked at it I had a couple of missed calls from Calle and texts from him asking me if I was seeing this guy. Uncle Nick did not look 45, and I did not look like my mom’s side of the family. I chose to ignore Calle and I looked at Uncle Nick.

“Shall we order Chinese food?” I asked him.

He chuckled and shrugged.

“It’s fine with me, I need a shower though”

I nodded at him and followed him out.

“Invite your Swedes”

He smiled.

“You post about them on snapchat, especially Mattias”

I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

“Tell me about him”

“He’s my age” I said.

He hummed.

“Is he tall?”

I looked at him.

“Well everyone is taller than you, but you understand me”

I scoffed.

“You’re not funny” I told him.

He chuckled.

“I’ll have you know I am hilarious”

He cleared his throat.

“So Mattias”

I looked at him.

“He’s 6’4” I said.

He hummed and nodded as I unlocked the doors to the car. Once we were inside he turned to me.

“How tall are you again?”

“5’3” I told him.

I was 5’0 my freshman year of college and for some reason I grew about 3 inches. They did not help with gymnastics but I made it work. Angela had always been taller than me, but it changed once I was 18.

“Invite him and the other 2”

I nodded.

“When I get there” I told him as I started the car.

He hummed and leaned back as he went through his emails on his phone.

“I need to borrow your laptop”

I nodded.

“Fine by me” I told him.

He nodded and I glanced back.

“So how long have you known Mattias for?”

“Since January” I told him.

He nodded slowly.

“Was he the person you texted all summer?”

I rolled my eyes and nodded making him laugh. We got to the apartment pretty quick and I ordered the Chinese food while he showered.

“Did you invite the Swedes?”

“Yea” I called out.

“And they’re coming?”

“Filip said he’s on the phone with his mom but he’d be over in a bit” I said.

“What about the one I actually want to meet?”

“He has not responded” I said.

“What did the other one say?”

“Calle said he’d be here in 15” I said looking at the text from Calle.

“Gotcha”

I heard the shower start running and I took the time to look over some blueprints my boss was making me look at. He wanted me to look at them and tell him which one was the one that followed protocol and the ones that didn’t he wanted me to correct them to the protocol that was needed. I hated doing this, but it helped me a lot. I didn’t have the meeting with him until the end of the month so I had plenty of time.

My phone vibrated and I looked at the screen. It was Mattias saying he was passing on tonight. He wasn’t feeling well. The doorbell rung and I got up. I made my way to the door and opened it. Calle smiled and showed me the pack of Angry Orchards he had.

“The crappy drink you requested”

I smiled and moved so he could come in.

“Someone else here?”

I nodded and took the box from him. I made my way to the kitchen and began putting the drinks away.

“Lucy”

Calle raised an eyebrow and turned to see Uncle Nick step into the living room in just a pair of shorts. He was drying his hair so he didn’t notice Calle standing next to me.

“Did the food get here?”

“Nope, just Calle” I said.

Uncle Nick glanced up and smiled.

“Oh whoops. I’m not dressed, I’m Nick, her uncle”

Calle’s eyes went wide.

“You’re her uncle?”

Uncle Nick laughed and nodded.

“Yea”

Calle nodded and shook his hand.

“I’m going to get dressed, who did you think I was though?”

Calle smiled.

“A guy she was seeing”

Uncle Nick laughed.

“No, she just has eyes for your friend”

My jaw dropped.

“Uncle Nick!” I said feeling my cheeks heat up.

Calle’s eyes got wide and he grinned.

“I fucking knew it!”

The doorbell rung and Calle turned to me.

“That’s Filip” I said.

He went to answer the door and I took a deep breath. Filip and Calle were talking really fast Swedish, so all I got was Mattias was giving up? I made my way into the living room and Filip smiled at me as he nudged Calle.

“Was that the Chinese food?”

“No, it was Filip” I said.

Filip raised an eyebrow at me and turned when he heard footsteps. He grinned when he saw Uncle Nick.

“You must be her Uncle Nick”

Uncle Nick grinned and nodded.

“Yes, not her boyfriend or anything related to that”

Filip laughed and grinned at Calle. He told Calle that $20 was owed and Calle told Filip he owed him nothing. In fact they were even. Uncle Nick glanced at me and smiled.

“Are you getting any of this?”

Calle looked at me.

“They don’t know” I said.

Uncle Nick smiled.

“You’re sneaky aren’t you”

I smiled.

“Know what?”

I looked at Uncle Nick who proceeded to tell Filip and Calle that I understood Swedish.

“Why did you never tell us?”

“I figured you’d find out. Mattias just laughs at you two when you’re speaking Swedish around me” I said.

“How do you know Swedish?”

“It was my second language I learned since my dad is Swedish. After he passed away I didn’t have anyone to speak it with so I forgot it. I picked it up in college though, and I understand it and write it” I said.

“Do you speak it?”

Uncle Nick nodded and Filip smiled.

“Where is Mattias?”

Filip looked at Uncle Nick.

“He’s in his apartment being depressed cause he thinks you’re Lucy’s boyfriend and he doesn’t have a chance with her”

Uncle Nick laughed and Calle informed Filip about my crush on Mattias.

“Well…I feel like some confrontation should come from this”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Lucy, go talk to Mattias and settle this”

Calle smiled.

“Go on now”

Uncle Nick nodded and the doorbell rung.

“Don’t worry, we’ll leave some Chinese”