Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Tretton

Lucy’s POV- November 2014
I glanced up from my phone when I heard a throat clear. I smiled at Bobbi’s little brother, Mike who was sitting next to Alex. Maddy who was sitting next to me glanced up from her phone to see why Mike had cleared his throat.

“So, this guy whose face I don’t see on your snapchat”

I laughed and Maddy shook her head.

“Getting right to the point” I stated smiling at him.

He smiled back and shrugged a bit.

“When have I ever not?”

I nodded and I signaled to them that I would tell them after we ordered our food. We ordered our breakfast and once the waiter was gone Alex hummed and Maddy smiled. Angela and I went to UCLA, but we did not live together. She had her two roommates, and I had my two roommates. Maddy was one of my roommates who lived in LA; Stella was in Columbus working on her doctorate.

“Is he your boyfriend?”

“No he is not” I told her.

They frowned and Maddy spoke up.

“Why is he not your boyfriend?”

“I actually think he’s been trying, but his friends ruin it for him always. I just pretend like I don’t know what’s happening” I told them.

Mike chuckled.

“Does he cook?”

I nodded.

“Yes, and not just pasta. He made this chicken with sauce the other day and it was so good” I said.

Mike nodded slowly.

“What’s his name?”

“Mattias” I told him.

He nodded slowly.

“He treats you well though?”

I smiled.

“I’m supposed to ask you these questions Michael, not viceversa” I said.

He grinned.

“Well I don’t have a girlfriend at the moment and it looks like you will have a boyfriend soon”

He thanked the waiter who gave us our drink and Alex sat up.

“How tall is he though? You look tiny next to him”

Mike looked at her.

“She looks tiny next to anyone Lex, as do you”

I laughed as Alex rolled her eyes.

“He’s 6’4” I said.

Maddy grinned and nodded as Alex clapped her hands together.

“That’s hot”

I nodded.

“And he plays hockey so he’s muscular all over”

Mike cleared his throat and leaned forward.

“You’re dating a hockey player?”

Maddy scoffed.

“Come on Michael, he has to play a sport. Have you seen those thighs of his? If he had a big butt I’d say he played baseball. It was on the group message”

Mike frowned.

“And I did not know this? Why am I not a part of this group message?”

He looked at Alex.

“Is Bobbi in this group? I’ll start a war if she is”

Alex shook her head and he nodded slowly.

“Good, wait you’re dating a Predator! How can you do this to me Luce?”

I smiled and shook my head. Mike was a big Kings fan.

“Why did I not know?”

“Cause you’d freak out” I said.

He frowned.

“I’m allowed to freak out, you’re dating Mattias Ekholm”

I nodded and he hummed.

“I guess that explains why you’ve gone to a few hockey games in the past weeks”

“You are guessing correctly” I said.

Maddy shifted to look at me.

“How did you two meet?”

“He lives in the same building as I do” I said.

“Have you had sex with him?”

“Sadly I have not, he’s being a total gentleman about it” I said rolling my eyes.

They laughed and I shrugged

“That and I feel like Filip and Calle would walk in on us” I stated making Alex laugh.

Mike shook his head and Maddy smiled.

“Did Nick meet them already? He was in Nashville, you posted a picture of him”

I nodded.

“Yeah, he seems to really like Mattias” I said.

Alex nodded and Mike spoke up.

“Well yea, all the losers you date were idiots. This one has his life together”

He shrugged.

“He has his own thing going on, and so do you. Is he smart though cause you’re really picky when it comes to that”

I laughed and Alex nodded.

“Yea, he must be smart or else you would never give him the time of day”

I nodded.

“He’s pretty smart, and I don’t think he realizes it” I said.

Mike nodded and thanked the waiter who gave us our food. Alex reached for a french fry on Mike’s plate as I reached for my phone. Once I took a picture and uploaded it to instagram, Mike spoke up.

“When is Ange getting in?”

“Tonight, she had work” I said.

Mike nodded.

“Well so did you and Lex”

Alex nodded slowly and he turned to her.

“It’s different with her though Mike. She works in a hospital, she can’t exactly leave a sick person cause she wants turkey”

He chuckled.

“That’s true”

I nodded and I looked at them.

“Where’s Bobbi?” I asked them.

Mike shrugged.

“Who knows, when I woke up she wasn’t home”

Alex nodded.

“She never answers her phone either”

I hummed and took a bite of my hashbrown.

“So she’s at Julia’s?” I asked.

Mike nodded.

“Most likely”

Julia was the mom of Enrique, Alex’s boyfriend who passed away when we were still in college. Bobbi and Kike were dance partners, so I get they were close but I feel like Bobbi cried the most when he passed away.

“Has Julia tried talking to you?” I asked Alex.

She nodded.

“Yea, but I don’t want to speak with her”

Maddy nodded.

“Then you don’t need to. You don’t owe her anything” I said.

Mike hummed and I looked at him.

“Bobbi keeps pushing it though”

Maddy frowned.

“I can beat her up”

Alex laughed and shook her head.

“How’s work?”

I nodded.

“It’s going well, I think people are realizing I’m related to Uncle Nick though. That or they think I’m sleeping with him” I said scrunching up my nose.

Mike laughed.

“Did your guy think Uncle Nick was not related to you?”

I laughed and finished cutting my french toast.

“Actually, he thought Uncle Nick and I were seeing each other. I mean I can’t judge him because Uncle Nick and I look nothing alike” I said.

Mike laughed.

“I know, remember when a family came up to you and asked if you were lost?”

I frowned at the memory; a family seriously thought Uncle Nick had abducted me.

“Yes, the cops got involved and all” I said shaking my head.

Alex smiled.

“So Mattias thought you two weren’t related”

I nodded.

“And he refused to come over. Uncle Nick, Filip and Calle made me confront Mattias about it. He was literally just drinking in the liviing room ignoring us. I got in and he went full jealous mode. It was cute I’ll admit but he asked me out after” I said.

Alex grinned.

“You’re forgetting the part where you makeout like teenagers”

I laughed.

“Yea, I was wearing red lipstick and it got all smeared all over his mouth” I said.

Mike shook his head and Alex laughed.

“Liquid Matte lipstick Lucy”

I nodded.

“I know, but I ran out of it. I ordered like 3 of them so no worries” I said waving her off.

She nodded.

“Good, is he a good kisser though?”

I smiled and nodded.

“Yes, he tasted like Jack Daniels which wasn’t to bad since I happen to like Jack Daniels” I said.

Mike made a face and I shrugged.

“What about you? I heard Brendan was in town” I said.

Maddy wiggled her eyebrows at Alex, and Alex laughed as she sat up.

“Yea, he was in Berkeley for a week”

I smiled.

“Did you visit him?” I asked.

She grinned and nodded.

“Mike covered for me”

I looked at Mike who shrugged.

“She covers for me, it kind of sucks living with Bobbi. She’s kind of stuck up. I did not expect that from her”

I laughed.

“I did” I told him.

He frowned and chuckled.

“How are you two friends?”

I shrugged.

“I think she enjoys having someone around to tell her she’s being a bitch” I said.

He hummed and Alex nodded.

“Cause you two can’t tell her” I said.

Mike laughed.

“I tell her she’s a bitch enough as it is”

Alex laughed.

“She ignores you for a bit though. She accepts it with Lucy cause she knows Lucy just has no filter”

Mike nodded.

“Although you don’t have a filter Mike, you do care what others will think” I said.

I did not care; I’d rather have someone hate me than be fake about it. I am an adult not a teenager, if someone didn’t like me I’d rather have him or her tell me instead of pretend to like me.

“That’s true, how are you a stonecold bitch with that beautiful face”

I smiled.

“Uncle Nick says I had to balance somehow” I said.

They laughed and I shrugged.

“How’s school Mike?” I asked.

“I declared my double major”

I smiled.

“That’s good” I told him.

He nodded.

“My mom doesn’t think I should even be in school though. She’s still mad I chose my health over baseball”

“Fuck your mom” I said.

The Arizona Diamondbacks drafted Mike in the first round of the 2012 draft. He had just graduated from highschool at the time, and had commited to the University of San Francisco’s baseball team. He got injured his freshman year; his teammate gave him a concussion. The concussion symptoms lasted most of his freshman year, and at the end of the school year Mike wanted to get away from the school. He got a transfer to San Jose State, and went to school that summer there. He retired from baseball that summer and became a full time student.

“Jared thinks otherwise about the whole thing. He keeps sending me things for gradschool and I just want to punch him”

I smiled; Jared was Mike’s stepdad. His mom had remarried last year and even though his mom was hardly involved in his life, his stepdad was trying to be.

“He’s trying Mike, be nice to him” I said.

He made a face and Alex shook her head.

“What about you Alex? How’s work?” I asked her.

She let out a sigh.

“It’s nice I admit, but I am always so tired. Mom got me a bunch of vitamins, but you know the feeling”

I laughed and nodded.

“Oh yes I do, sometimes that glass of wine is needed” I said.

She laughed and nodded.

“I drink so much wine now, like never before I started working. I’m always stressed”

She sighed and looked at me.

“How are you functioning? Help me”

I smiled.

“Honestly?” I asked.

She nodded.

“I complain about everything to Mattias” I told her.

She smiled.

“So you’re saying I need to find myself a Mattias?”

I nodded and she leaned back.

“It’s hard to do that though, most guys run once they hear about Kike”

“So don’t tell them, it’s not like you were married to him Alex” I said.

Mike nodded and she shrugged.

“They consider you broken, but you arent. Most people don’t get a Masters in Engineering Alex. It’s not exactly very easy to do so” I said.

She laughed and nodded.

“Bobbi doesn’t help though”

Maddy scoffed.

“Fuck her honestly, you weren’t married to him. If she knew what he did though”

She cut Maddy off.

“She wouldn’t believe me”

“Then you know she’s not a friend” I said.

She looked at us and then at Mike who nodded.

“She’s my sister, but Lucy is right. You don’t owe anyone anything. I know you two broke up minutes before he died but I don’t know why”

Alex let out a deep breath.

“He was cheating on me”

He hummed and nodded.

“I mean I kinda saw that coming. He was incredibly manipulative, and always did acuse you of cheating on him”

She nodded and I smiled as I saw Bobbi make her way inside.

“Are you guys coming down for Christmas?” I asked.

Alex nodded.

“I actually have something to ask you”

I hummed.

“Ask away” I said.

She nodded and sat up.

“So, I have three weeks off for Christmas. I was wondering if for the first week I could go visit you? In Nashville?”

I grinned and nodded.

“Of course you can come” I said.

Alex smiled and nodded.

“Ok good, I wanted to ask before I just dropped in”

I waved her off.

“Of course you can come! I’ve gone to San Jose and you housed me. Maddy when are you coming to Nashville?” I said.

Mike frowned.

“Excuse me, I live there too”

Maddy waved him off.

“I will look at my schedule cause I am all in for a nice week in Nashville”

She wiggled her eyebrows and pushed her hair back.

“Hi guys!”

Bobbi pulled up a chair and sat next to Alex. I turned to Mike and pointed at him.

“Well yes you live there but I slept in Alex’s room” I said.

Mike nodded and I smiled.

“You can come too” I said.

He chuckled.

“I wish, I have finals though”

I nodded and turned to Bobbi who was ordering her food.

“Sorry I’m late guys, I went out for a jog”

I bit my tongue and shoved a piece of frenchtoast into my mouth. Mike noticed, and he found it really funny.

“What were you three talking about?”

Maddy looked at Bobbi and shook her head. Bobbi and Maddy did not like each other.

“Alex wants to go to Nashville” I said.

Bobbi nodded.

“That’s cool, when are you planning on doing that?”

Alex took a sip of her drink.

“The week before Christmas”

Bobbi hummed lightly and thanked the waiter.

“That’s cool, you have that much off?”

Alex smiled and nodded.

“Yea, I didn’t get vacation time during the summer so my boss said it was fine”

“We’re going to have so much fun” I said.

I looked at Maddy.

“I’ll keep you updated”

I nodded before I turned to Bobbi.

“How’s life?” I asked.

She nodded.

“A little hard, it’s hard to find a job at the moment. My uncle keeps telling me to look in another state, but I don’t want to leave San Jose. I like it there”

I nodded slowly.

“How is my uncle by the way? I feel like you see him more than I do”

I nodded.

“He’s fine, I had dinner with him and Gabbi like 2 weeks ago” I said.

She hummed and stole the sausage link I was not planning on eating.

“That’s cool”

I nodded and turned to Mike who offered me a smile.

“You don’t look sweaty Bobs”

Bobbi turned to Mike and smiled.

“Glad you noticed, I took a small jog and went home. I bumped into Alec and he told me that you guys were already here so I walked here”

Mike nodded and took a bite of his sandwich.

“Are you guys ready to stuff your faces?” I asked.

Alex smiled and nodded. Mike began talking though.

“I’m excited to eat that turkey made by Alex’s mom. No offense to my mother, but your mom can cook”

Alex laughed and Bobbi cleared her throat.

“Julia actually invited me for thanksgiving dinner, I’m going to eat dinner with them”

Mike smiled.

“More turkey for me, enjoy your chicken”

Bobbi looked at Mike who grinned at her. Julia, Enrique’s mom was Jewish. She was incredibly Jewish and hated Alex for not being Jewish.

“Uncle Nick is deep frying our turkey, its going to be so good” I said.

Mike nodded and Bobbi decided to give her opinion. She could be incredibly nice but could be incredibly rude as well.

“That’s super unhealthy”

Alex smiled.

“You could work out with your hockey playing boyfriend”

Mike wiggled his eyebrows.

“Or have sex”

“I can” I said.

It was fun to get on Bobbi’s nerves because it was incredibly easy to do so. Maddy and Bobbi hated each other, but honestly I did not blame Maddy for it. Maddy could kick Bobbi's ass in a heartbeat. Only a few of us knew that Maddy knew Jiu-Jitsu.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have tutoring in about an hour, and what a good way to spend my time not studying.