Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Fjorton

Mattias’ POV- December 2014
Lucy and I had been seeing each other for almost two months, and I was being an idiot and not asking her to be my girlfriend. We still had not slept with each other, but last night I did sleep in the same bed with her. It was honestly one of the best sleeps I’ve had in a while. There is something about sleeping next to someone that makes things better.

“So how long will you be gone for?”

I let out a deep breath and looked at her.

“Until the 24th” I told Lucy.

She shifted and scrunched up her nose.

“More than 10 days on the road? Gross”

I smiled and nodded. I then took the time to lean over and peck her lips. She pulled away and smiled at me

“When are you heading to LA?” I asked her.

I had grown used to seeing Lucy without makeup when she was in school, so it was nice to see her fresh faced. I get why she wore makeup, but honestly I did enjoy seeing her freckles from time to time.

“December 20th, it’s a Sunday”

I nodded and touched her cheek.

“You’ll be in LA for New Years right?”I asked as I rubbed her cheekbone.

I felt her muscles move as she smiled.

“Yea, where exactly will you be?”

I hummed and decided to just tell her.

“I mean I could be here in Nashville, but we do have a game the third in LA” I said.

I moved my hand away as she sat up.

“So you’re saying we could spend New Years together?”

I smiled and nodded.

“If you want to” I told her.

She began nodded and I sat up.

“Cause I know your family wants to see you, and”

She cut me off and leaned over to peck my lips.

“You should come to LA, I will literally be bored if you do not come. Maddy and Stella will be there and they do want to meet you. Rosa is going but she’s married so I can’t exactly get drunk with her. Uncle Nick tolerates you and Aunt Mel will love you. The twins will just be happy to talk hockey to someone”

I smiled.

“So I have to meet your family?” I asked.

She smiled.

“If you want to see me on New Years you kind of do. They mean a lot to me, and I know they won’t harras you. I promise that”

I nodded.

“What about your cousin Angela, will she be there?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“No, she has work and can’t get out of it. I hope she doesn’t spend New Years or Christmas alone though. No one deserves that”

I nodded and her phone made a light jingle. She reached for it and I took the time to pull her down with me.

“What time is your game?”

“6pm” I told her.

“Gross”

I laughed and rubbed her side.

“Will you be going to the game?” I asked.

“No”

I raised an eyebrow and she laughed.

“Of course I am”

She shifted and pressed her nose against my shoulder.

“I have to run an errand before though”

She sat up and I groaned making her laugh.

“No” I said.

She got out of bed and fixed her shorts.

“Calle’s girlfriend is coming, and he asked me to pick her up from the airport”

“How thoughtful of you” I said.

She turned to me.

“I like her, she’s a sweetheart”

She slipped on her hoodie and looked at me.

“I’m going to go to my apartment now. I’ll drop by in about an hour”

I nodded.

“Want some breakfast?” I asked her.

She looked at me and tucked in a piece of hair.

“Sure, what do you have in mind?”

“Pancakes?” I asked.

She smiled.

“That sounds great actually”

I smiled and she walked over to the bed. She pecked my lips and pulled away.

“See you in about an hour”

I nodded and she made her way out. I heard the door close and a few minutes later the doorbell rung. I sighed as it began to ring in a rhythm. I got out of bed and went to answer the door. Calle smiled at me and stepped inside.

“Sup man, I saw Lucy on my way over here”

I nodded.

“Did you ask her?”

I glared at him and he frowned. I was supposed to ask last night, but Filip crashed my date.

“No, Filip came over” I said.

He sighed.

“Sorry, I was supposed to keep him distracted”

I shrugged.

“Well when are you seeing her? You could ask her Christmas eve when we get back?”

“She won’t be in Nashville, she’ll be in LA” I said.

I looked at him and went around him in search for my laptop. He followed me into my room where I was on my laptop searching for flights to LA.

“I’m going to ask her New Years Eve” I said.

He looked at me.

“That’s pretty romantic, and you won’t have us bugging you”

I nodded.

“Exactly” I said as I reached for my credit card.