Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Två

Lucy’s POV- July 2012
I took a bite of my french toast and looked up at Uncle Nick. Today was his last day in Nashville, and he would head back to LA leaving me alone. I would start my Grad School program in Architectural Engineer in a few weeks. I

“I could have made this at the apartment” I told him.

He waved me off and looked up from the newspaper.

“Don’t worry about it Lucy. Eat…. everything”

He finished reading the article and smiled as I laughed at him. Of course I was going to finish my food.

“What time is your flight?” I asked him.

He glanced down at his watch and then at the newspaper.

“It’s at 9pm, you’ve got a few hours left to come back with me”

I laughed and he smiled. He let out a deep breath and I frowned when his eyes shined up. Uncle Nick was like a father to me. He had raised me after my parents passed away. He was a single father raising my cousin Angela, and he took me in. A lot of people thought I was his daughter because he treated me like he treated Angela.

“Don’t cry because you will make me cry” I told him.

He chuckled and took a sip of his water.

“I left LA with two young ladies, and I’m returning by myself”

Angela had moved to Dallas a week ago, and we helped her set up. He had choked up when we were saying bye to Angela at the airport. Aunt Mel had told me he had been dreading this month because he was losing two very close people to him.

“I’ll visit Uncle Nick, you can’t get rid of me” I joked.

He laughed and wiped his eyes.

“You better visit, or I’ll come and find you myself. Don’t let yourself think that I would not take a flight here”

I know he would, he was very laid back but he always liked to know what we were doing. He didn’t like being out of the loop and I knew that if I ignored him he’d come and see why I was ignoring him.

“I know, I’ll be home for Thanksgiving though” I said.

“And Christmas and New Years?”

I laughed and nodded.

“Yes, I’ll be home for the Holidays. Why on earth would I stay by myself here?” I asked him.

He nodded.

“I’ll call, I promise” I told him.

He smiled.

“You’re just going to use me to pass your classes”

I laughed.

“You took the classes I’m about to take like 2 decades ago” I told him.

He was 43 years old; Uncle Nick was not old by any means. At least the waitress didn’t think he was old, but Uncle Nick was married. He got Angela’s mom pregnant when he was 21 and Angela’s mom was 19. Angela’s mom left him and Angela just after she gave birth. He was still in Gradschool and he raised Angela with the help of Nana. I came around when I was 6, and he met Aunt Mel at around that time. She joined the family when Angela and I were 8 years old. By the time we were 9 years old, Nate and Maia we born and Uncle Nick and Aunt Mel were happily married. Nana went back to Mexico when we were 12 years old, and she still lives there.

“I’m only 43”

I nodded.

“I like that I’m leaving you in a nice neighborhood”

“You pracically chose the neighborhood for me to live in” I told him.

He nodded and smiled.

“I just want you to be safe”

“I know you do” I said.

He took a sip of his coffee and glanced at my phone.

“Has Jesse called you?”

“No, and I wouldn’t answer anyways” I said.

Jesse was my exboyfriend, and yes he had called me. I wanted nothing to do with him though.

“Don’t tell him where I’m at” I told him.

Uncle Nick nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

“I wasn’t planning on doing so. If I saw the guy I would do something I would not regret doing.

He coughed and sat up.

“So am I meeting your roommate before I leave?”

I laughed and nodded.

“Yes, you haven’t met her because she’s been at work” I said.

He nodded.

“She’s a resident, has a little boy” I said.

“Where does the little boy stay while she’s working?”

“There’s a daycare, so he’s there while she’s at work. She’s a doctor, and the reason I know this is because Gabbi, Bobbi’s aunt recommended her” I said.

Gabbi and Eric lived here in Nashville. Eric actually was a head doctor/surgeon for the Nashville Predators. Gabbi was a General family doctor. They had been married for about 5 years, and they had a little boy, Reese who was 3 years old.

“I didn’t know that”

I nodded.

“I keep forgetting Eric lives in Nashville”

I nodded and took a sip of my water.

“Yea, they invited me over for dinner next week. Although, it was more of a demand” I said.

He chuckled and nodded.

“I figured, I’m not that worried about leaving you in Nashville now”

I rolled my eyes and he smiled.

“Just be safe”

I smiled at him.

“Always am” I told him.

I just got a chuckle out of him.

“I have never thanked you for ev-” I started.

He began shaking his head.

“Stop, I’ll take you with me to LA if you add more to that”

I laughed and nodded. He was serious though. Uncle Nick had raised me as if I was his own daughter, and he didn’t have to. I never once felt out of place though, and I thank him for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so much to do for school and i have done nothing about it. I have class at 5pm, so i guess i'll get myself started on some homework.