Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Tjugofem

Lucy’s POV- January 2015
I was watching TV with Filip who was taking a nap on the couch. He groaned when my phone started ringing. There was a slight problem though I did not know where my phone was. I followed the ringing and opened my purse.

“Shut it off”

“Filip get up, I have to take you to the airport in about 20 minutes. Get ready,” I said.

His response was to groan and whine like the 12 year old he was. I answered the call and put the phone against my ear.

“Hey Bobs,” I said turning to look at Filip.

Filip was rubbing his face and sitting up already. He made a face and stood up.

“Hey Lucy”

Filip left to the bathroom and I decided to go to the kitchen.

“What’s up?” I asked opening the fridge.

I filled myself up a glass of water as Bobbi took her time in responding.

“Can I ask you for a favor?”

“It depends on what the favor is” I said.

That was unusual because I didn’t think we were that close of friends.

“So I’m going to be in Nashville next week”

“Ok” I said.

“I actually have an interview for the engineering company you work for”

I nodded slowly.

“Oh really?” I said.

I made a face as I realized I had not told Bobbi they were hiring. I honestly did not think she was willing to move across the country for a job.

“Yea, uh do you mind if I stay with you?”

“Uh, you’re not allergic to cats right?” I asked looking at Boba who was being held by Filip.

The cat was such an attention seeker.

“Oh yea you have a cat, I forgot about that. I’m not allergic though”

“Well yea, I have a spare bedroom that you can crash in during your stay” I said.

“You’re the best! Thanks so much”

Filip coughed and I looked at him.

“I’m going to go get my suitcase, and then we can go?”

I nodded and he left…with Boba still in his arms. The door slammed closed and Bobbi spoke up.

“Who was that?”

“So when do you get in?” I asked ignoring her question.

She was incredibly rude to Mattias on New Years Eve, so I did not want to start anything with her. She left before I could confront her about it.

“On Sunday actually”

I nodded, it was Wednesday and she was barely asking me now.

“Alright, are you getting a taxi here or?” I asked.

“Do you mind picking me up?”

I made a face and bit my tongue.

“No I don’t mind” I said lying.

“Great! Thanks so much”

“It’s fine, it’s not like I have much to do. I start a new project on Monday” I said.

“Oh that’s cool, they actually have you work without your license?”

I looked at the phone and shook my head.

“Yea, I’m part of the committee. I should have my license by this time next year” I said.

“Oh, cool”

I nodded; Bobbi was such a bitch.

“Yea, so I really have to go. I actually have to head to the airport right now” I said.

“Oh ok, I’ll let you do that”

I nodded.

“Just text me your flight info, I’ll see you Sunday” I told her.

“Ok, bye”

“Bye” I said.

I hung up and let out a groan, what did I get myself into?