Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Tre

Lucy’s POV- December 2012
I heard shuffling and I glanced at the time. I boxed in the answer and looked at the students in front of me.

“Alright, I am out of time. Your final exam is scheduled for next Thursday. I will have my office hours tomorrow from 2-4. I encourage you to come, and if you cannot make it tomorrow the review will be on Saturday from 10am to noon. If you cannot make it to either and happen to fail this course I will not be filling up the regrade form because you are showing me that you do not want a passing grade. Other than that I hope to see you there, and good luck” I told my undergrad students.

A throat was cleared and I turned to one of the students as I reached for my folder.

“Yes Gina?” I asked.

“Will you be posting the notes tonight?”

I nodded as I opened the folder.

“Yes, I will try to have the notes uploaded no later than midnight today” I told her.

She nodded.

“Any questions?” I asked the rest of the class.

No one moved, so I nodded and clapped.

“Ok, class dismissed. See you tomorrow or Saturday” I said.

I began putting away my papers as the 15 students in the room loudly made their way out of the room. I put the folder in my backpack and began erasing the chalkboard. I glanced away from the board when I heard the door open. My classmate Sarah, who also had her TA session at this time and right next door, grinned at me as she came into the room. She closed the door and mader her way over to me.

“Where were you this morning? I saved your butt”

She closed my backpack as I reached for my hoodie.

“I know, I got the call this morning from Elena” I said slipping on my hoodie.

Uncle Nick had decided to visit me this morning, and I was not home. I hadn’t spent the night at my apartment. My housemate Elena covered for me, but I don’t think he really believed her, which is why she called Sarah. Sarah was a great liar, which is why she was able to do it so smoothly.

“Were you with Caleb?”

I ignored her and she grinned. Who was Caleb? Caleb was a gradstudent (like myself) in the Business department. He was British, incredibly into himself, and also a total genius. He was also a TA for the Calculus class I was a TA for. Him and I were sleeping with each other.

“Lucky bitch”

I shushed her and she waved me off.

“No one knows calm down. Everyone seems to think you two hate each other”

I laughed and looked at my phone. Caleb was a total dick and everyone knew it. No one and I mean no one wanted to to be in his discussion. Everyone seemed to think we did not like each other because I was the only person who called him out on his hard grading techniques.

“We do not” I said.

She rolled her eyes.

“Well everyone thinks you two just tolerate each other because you’re adults”

We were just friends, not dating or anything. I made sure he knew that before we continued our sexual friendship. He was perfect in bed, always made sure I was pleasured.

“Were you with him?”

I nodded and she grinned.

“He almost answered my phone. I’m actually having dinner with Uncle Nick at 5” I said.

She nodded.

“Are you going back to LA for the break?”

“Caleb asked if I could stay for a bit, but now that Uncle Nick is here” I said.

She nodded.

“Does your Uncle know?”

I shook my head.

“No and he doesn’t need to find out” I said.

She nodded.

“Did he call you to warn you or?”

I shook my head.

“I had no clue he was going to be coming. I would have spent the night in my own apartment if I had known” I said.

She laughed.

“Let’s head to class”

I nodded and followed her out. We made our way across campus and were about to go into the class when my phone began ringing.

“Hello” I said as I put the phone against my ear.

“Goodmorning Darling, Do you happen to know where put the graded quizzes?”

I sighed and shook my head. He was always misplacing things.

“You put them in you backpack. Check the green folder you have” I said as I followed Sarah into the class.

I followed her up the stairs and into a row in the middle of the class.

“Found it, Thank you darling. Are you coming over tonight?”

I laughed.

“No, I can’t” I told him as I sat next to Sarah.

He hummed.

“Why not?”

“My Uncle is in town” I said making him chuckle.

“That’s a valid excuse”

“It is, I’ll text you because class is about to start” I told him.

“Alright, have a good day Lucy”

“You too, bye” I said as I ended the call.

I let out a deep breath and turned to Sarah who smiled.

“Does he have a brother, if so can I meet him?”

I rolled my eyes and shoved her lightly. Only my housemate and Sarah knew I had a friend with benefits. If Uncle Nick found out about it, I’d get the “I’m very disapointed in you speech”. My last relationship had left me never wanting to have sex. Caleb taught me how to love myself though. He was gentle, and honestly I had never felt any better. The sex was great, but my selfesteem was at its best. I had to thank Caleb for that though. Caleb and I could never be in a relationship, we were the same person. We had too much in common and it would never work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates. School is kicking my butt and i have a bit of free time (not really) because i just got done with midterms. Now I must begin to worry about final papers and final exams.