Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Trettiofyra

Mattias’ POV- April 2015
“Your girlfriend is mean”

I hummed and continued watching the scrimmage going on in front of me.

“What did you do?” I asked.

Roman let out a sigh.

“She told me I should start paying rent”

I laughed and turned to him.

“That’s not mean, it’s reasonable. You’re always there, I feel you sleep at the apartment more than Lucy does” I told him.

I knew about this already. She had told him to take the sex somewhere else. Lucy wasn’t getting any sleep and it was her apartment. She had every right to say all those things.

“She told me to take the sex somewhere else”

I nodded slowly and smiled.

“I’m surprised it took this long” I admitted.

He looked at me.

“Can’t she go to your apartment?”

“No, it’s her apartment. I’m surprised she has not barged into the room and pulled you out of the apartment herself” I told him.

What an idiot. He wanted Lucy to leave the apartment so he could have sex with Barbara.

“No offense but what do you see in Barbara?” I asked.

He looked at me and smiled.

“She’s honestly the smartest girl I know, and she’s beautiful and she’s good in b-”

“Besides having sex, what do you guys do?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“It’s just casual”

“Do you want it to be casual?” I asked.

“No, but I don’t mind”

“You should tell her that” I stated.

He hummed and shrugged.

“It’s fine like this”

I nodded.

“Why don’t you take it to your apartment?” I asked.

“Barbara said her place is closer”

I hummed.

“Yea, but you don’t have a roommate. Lucy works, and she works more hours than Barbara” I told him.

He looked at me.

“The cat hates me”

“You kicked it” I told him.

Boba hated Roman. It hissed and got fluffy everytime it saw Roman.

“It got in my way”

“You were in it’s home” I said.

He frowned.

“Make it easier for me, take Barbara to your apartment” I told him.

“No offense to your girlfriend, but I don’t think she can take Barbara. Your girl is like 5 feet tall”

“5’3, and she managed to flip Filip over last time. She knows how to defend herself, Nick taught her and if I may add…her friend Maddy is a black belt in Jiu jitsu” I said.

He looked at me and I smiled.

“Lucy isn’t a fragile butterfly” I told him.

I heard a whistle and skated over to Calle who smiled at me.

“Excited to meet Angela?”

“No” I said.

Filip laughed and I shook my head. We were in Dallas for the last game of the season, and I would be meeting Angela for lunch before the game.

“I hate you two” I stated.

We were having lunch, but I did not know if we were having it at her apartment or if we were going to a restaurant. I was going to get a text from her soon.

“You will do fine”

James skated over.

“What will you do fine?”

Filip smiled.

“He’s meeting Angela, Lucy’s cousin”

James hummed and turned to me.

“The one her age?”

I nodded.

“How do you know that?” I asked him.

He smiled.

“I speak to your girlfriend after games. You take forever getting ready, so I sometimes see her on my way out. Smart girl”

I nodded.

“I kinda need her number, she’s supposed to help me out with something. She told me to get it from you, and I always forget to ask for it”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Calm down, she’s helping me and I will tell you more about it once I figure out what is going on”

I nodded as he began to turn pink.

“Got it, yea remind me later” I told him.

He nodded and smiled.

“Ok, good. So you’re meeting her cousin”

I nodded.

“She’s dating Roussel” I told him.

He hummed.

“Really?”

“I know, I was surprised as well. He’s actually really cool” I said.

“A pain in the ass during games though”

I nodded agreeing with him and I got in line for the scrimmage. Once practice was over I looked at my phone to see Angela was on her way to pick us up.

“I’ll see you guys later” I told them.

Filip looked at me.

“Have fun!”

I flipped him off and began making my way over.

“Are you going alone?”

I looked up to see James fixing his jacket.

“Yea” I said.

He smiled.

“Mind if I tag along? I know the area a little bit more than you”

“Yea, I don’t mind” I told him.

My phone vibrated and Angela was out front. She was asking me if I was alone. I replied telling her I was not. I had one teammate with me.

“She wants us to meet her out front” I said to James.

He nodded and began walking. He was drafted by the Stars so he knew the facility more than I did. Just as we made our way out, I spotted Angela’s car. It looked exactly like Lucy’s car. I took a deep breath and approached the car with James following me. I was thankful I was not doing this alone. Filip and Calle missed out, she took us to her apartment and fed us enchiladas. She honestly wasn’t as intimidating as I thought she would be. Lucy’s family and friends sure knew how to cook.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to find a link to watch the NHL awards. I'm also incredibly bitter that we lost Martin Jones for a player who decided to become a Free Agent...Jones is in San Jose and i should accept it but do you know how annoying it is to get "Thanks for your Goalie" from my NorCal Friends?