Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Trettionio

Lucy’s POV- September 2015
I let out a deep breath as I walked into the apartment. I slipped off my heels and bent down to reach for them.

“Lucy, is that you?”

“Yea” I called out as I made my way into the living room.

Bobbi emerged from the kitchen and smiled.

“Dinner is almost ready”

“Alright, I’m going to shower” I told her.

She nodded and I made my way into the hallway. I stepped inside the room and smiled at Boba who was on his bed licking his paw. I made my way inside and placed my purse on my chair. I put the blueprints I had on the table Uncle Nick had made me for my birthday. When I got back from Sweden, it was waiting for me. It had come in handy, I had passed my exam and I was licensed now. That meant I was expected to contribute more though, and I was exhausted.

Boba stretched and left the room, he didn’t hate Bobbi as much anymore. She realized she was being a bitch, and apologized to me. She also told Roman that although the sex was great she was not interested in him. He got really angry over this, and sent her a very mean text. This happened while I was in Sweden, so I didn’t find out until I got back
.
I grabbed my PJs and took a quick shower. I was drying my hair when there was a knock on the door.

“Mattias is calling you”

“Answer” I called out.

“Got it”

I dried off my body and slipped on my Pjs. I opened the bathroom door and made my way down the hall. Bobbi hummed and glanced up.

“Well, Luce is out of the shower”

She nodded.

“You too, bye”

She handed me the phone and I pressed the phone against my shoulder.

“Hello” I said as Bobbi walked to the living room.

“Hey, how was your shower?”

“It was a well needed shower” I told him as I sat on the bed.

I let out a deep breath.

“You sound exhausted”

“I am, the day ran long today. We had meeting at 7am and I got out less than an hour ago” I said.

“Did you eat?”

“Bobbi made dinner right now” I said.

“What about lunch?”

“Yes, I ate lunch” I said.

“What did you eat?”

“Mac n Cheese and Grilled Chicken. The interns brought us food” I said.

He hummed.

“Breakfast?”

“A crepe with strawberries and coffee” I told him.

“Ok, just making sure. Your uncle said you and your cousin tend to not eat when stressed”

I smiled.

“You talked with Uncle Nick?” I asked.

“He called me, asked me if you were eating”

“I ate quite well in Sweden, your mom and grandma would not have it any other way” I said.

He laughed.

“I always eat, food is just to good” I said.

He chuckled.

“Are you at the airport now?” I asked.

“Yea, I see Filip making his way over. Calle is in the bathroom right now”

I hummed.

“I’m going to let you go so you could eat, and got to bed. I’ll send you the flight info?”

“Yes please” I said.

“Ok, I will see you tomorrow”

I smiled.

“Can’t wait. Love you” I said.

“Love you too. Bye”

“Bye” I said.

I hung up and made my way to the kitchen. Bobbi glanced up and smiled as I walked into the kitchen.

“Excited to have your boyfriend back?”

“Kinda” I said sitting down.

She raised an eyebrow and filled a glass of wine for me. I gladly took it from her and took a small sip of it.

“What do you mean kind of? Are you two not getting along?”

I shook my head.

“I’m really busy, and you know when I stress I freak out” I said.

She nodded slowly.

“Well I’m sure he knows how you work. He was around for the last bit of GradSchool after all”

I nodded.

“Maybe I’m just freaking out” I said.

She nodded.

“You kind of are”

I looked at her and she smiled.

“It’s true, don’t push him away because work gets hectic. Be each others rocks”

I nodded slowly and let out a deep breath.

“Now eat”

I smiled and reached for my utensils.

“This steak smells great. How was work?” I asked as I began cutting it up.

“Good, I had an argument with Jason because he claimed your prints were sketched wrong”

I looked at her and she shook her head.

“They weren’t though, he was just being a moron”

She sighed.

“I swear, he’s an idiot. How did they hire him?”

“He’s the owners nephew” I said.

She hummed and reached for her wine.

“That explains why he’s an entitled asshole. Love the owner cause well everything goes through him, but his nephew is an idiot”

I nodded and took a bite of the mashed potatoes.

“You need my car tomorrow, right?”

“Yes, after work though” I said.

“You know where my car keys are”

I nodded.

“I don’t work, but I’m making a grocery store run. I made a list, feel free to add more to it”

She pointed at the fridge where it was.

“I’ll check it before I head to bed” I told her.

She nodded and my phone buzzed. I chose to ignore it, knowing Mattias had sent me his flight info.

“So, the guys want to go to the bars this weekend. You should come with us” I said.

Bobbi shook her head and smiled.

“No thank you. They don’t really like me”

“They’ll give you another chance, bonus points; you’re not sleeping with Roman anymore” I said.

She laughed.

“He was pissed when I ended things”

“He’s being a baby, but he will be fine” I said.

She shrugged.

“I don’t want your boyfriend and his teammates to feel uncomfortable”

“They won’t, I assure you that” I said.

“Do they know we’re getting along?”

I nodded.

“What did Mattias think?”

“He seemed fine with it. Asked me if Boba liked you” I said.

She smiled and looked at Boba.

“I’m working on it”

I nodded and clapped my hands.

“Well you’re coming with” I told her.

She laughed and we continued eating. Her attitude had changed over summer and I had one person to thank for that. Mike. I know he had yelled at her when he was over during the summer. He was visiting the area for potential GradSchools and I was here for two days during his stay. Bobbi and I had gotten into a huge argument, so big that she told me to find a way to the airport. I did, Mike offered to take me. He was beyond angry. He said something to her because when I was in LA I got a text from Bobbi apologizing. Her vacation time was during the middle of my vacation, and hers was only 2 weeks long. She ended up going to LA and San Jose for those 2 weeks. I know she was in San Jose because she texted me asking me if Alex was seeing someone. I didn’t know if she was still speaking with Martin, so I told her the truth; I didn’t know.