Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Fyrtioett

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ONE BEFORE THIS DO SO PLEASE! I posted 2 today!

Mattias’ POV- October 2015
Mike clicked his tongue and looked around. He stood up and smiled at us. We happened to have a night off before our game with the Kings, and we had been invited to a Halloween party. Lucy happened to be in town since she had a meeting in LA today and tomorrow.

“I’ll be back, I spot someone who does not know I’m here”

He walked away and I watched as he tapped the shoulder of a blonde girl. The blonde turned around and shrieked as she jumped on him.

“Hey Kit”

She laughed.

“That’s Katalina, Alex’s sister”

I nodded slowly as I saw a slight resemblance. I smiled at Maddy who approached us with Stella behind her.

“Sorry we are late, I had to go get my eyelashes refilled. I was not about to come here with more eyelashes on my left eye”

She leaned down and hugged Alex.

“Nice to see you beautiful. We will talk about that handsome boyfriend of yours later”

Alex laughed and nodded as Maddy kissed her cheek. Stella proceeded to hug Alex as Maddy moved to Lucy.

“When are you leaving me?”

Lucy laughed as Maddy kissed her cheek.

“I leave Sunday morning”

Maddy huffed and let go of her.

“You could always come to Nashville” I told her as she moved onto me.

“Hi Matti, handsome as always”

She hugged me and kissed my cheek.

“Hi Maddy” I said.

“As for your offer, I’m going next week”

I laughed and she nodded.

“I’m on vacation, so I might as well take advantage of it. I also want to see if Bobbi will fight me”

She grinned when she saw Filip and Calle.

“The other two handsome Swedes”

She hugged Filip and kissed his cheek.

“Your girlfriend is seriously beautiful and perfect”

Filip blushed and thanked her.

“How have you been?”

He nodded and told her he was doing well. She nodded and let go of him.

“Calle, your girlfriend is too beautiful as well. As are you, how have you been?”

Calle nodded and looked up at her.

“I’ve been good”

She nodded and kissed his cheek.

“Hi Matti”

I smiled at Stella as she pushed her glasses back against the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were still slightly red from the crying she had done.

“Hey Stella, nice to see you again” I said.

She smiled.

“How’s that jaw?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Good, I’m eating well again”

“That’s good” I said as she hugged me.

“It is”

I looked up as Maddy shrieked and spotted Dave who was making his way back from the bar. He laughed and set the beers down infront of us and hugged Maddy. Maddy was born in LA, but raised in SF. It was literally a small world because her parents live a few houses from Dave’s mom.

“You’re so tall!”

He nodded.

“How’s San Jose State? You’re almost done right?”

He laughed and nodded.

“Next June”

Stella let go of me and went on to greet Filip. She laughed when Filip asked her if she was making tacos.

“When you guys come to Columbus I’ll make you all tacos”

Calle nodded as she hugged him. I turned to look at Lucy who took a small sip of Alex’s beer.

“How’s Martin?”

Alex looked at her.

“He’s in Dallas right now”

Lucy hummed and Alex laughed.

“Angie called me and told me she’s meeting him tomorrow. Apparantly Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn have his phone number. It took a while since Martin was asleep, but once he answered he agreed to have dinner with them”

Alex looked at me.

“How was your first time meeting Angela?”

“These two assholes ditched me” I said as both Filip and Calle snickered.

She laughed and shook her head.

“James Neal went with me though” I said.

“That’s good, she’s a sweetheart. Did she make you enchiladas?”

I nodded and she laughed.

“They were really good” I said.

Alex nodded.

“Yea, I think she’s the one who cooks better than all of us”

Lucy nodded.

“She definitely is not afraid to try out new recipes”

Stella took a seat across from us and Maddy took a seat next to her.

“Alex, your boyfriend is so handsome. He’s like a nice little replica of Superman himself”

Alex laughed as Maddy wiggled her eyebrows at her.

“How did you two meet?”

Alex looked at Lucy.

“Lucy was actually in town when I met him. Buster got out of his harness so we had to chase him. Buster stopped and let Martin pet him as Lucy caught up”

Stella laughed.

“I was a Goalie, not a forward. I can’t run”

Lucy smiled and shook her head.

“But yeah he talked with Lucy for a bit, and she introduced me to him. I bumped into him a few days later at chipotle and we had lunch together. He walked me back to work”

Maddy hummed and smiled.

“How heartbroken were Thing 1 & 2 when the Dodgers lost?”

Alex laughed and looked at Mike and Dave. Mike was Thing 1 and Dave was Thing 2.

“They were pretty heartbroken. Mike just pouted since he was on bed rest, and Dave just complained about his school work”

Dave turned to look at her.

“I always do that”

Lucy laughed.

“The life of an engineer, how are your classes?”

He nodded.

“I’m slowly dying, but that is nothing new”

She smiled and nodded.

“Alex, are you going to be home for Thanksgiving?”

Alex nodded.

“Yea, Martin might actually come”

Lucy looked at her.

“He’s meeting your parents?”

Alex nodded.

“I mean they know of him since Bobbi kind of blew up on him”

Bobbi had found out that Alex and Martin were dating when she went to San Jose after Mike was in that car accident. She was being an extreme bitch about it.

“What do you think of Martin, Mike?” I asked.

Mike shrugged and looked at Alex.

“He plays for a shitty team, but you know he treats her well”

He shrugged.

“He’s really into her though, so I enjoy seeing how whipped he is. As are you Mattias”

Stella stood up and cleared her throat. She then smiled when we all turned to look at her.

“I want a mango margarita”

Lucy smiled.

“I’ll go with, I want one too”

Stella nodded and Lucy stood up. They walked away and Alex turned to Maddy.

“Is Stella ok?”

Maddy shook her head and reached for the appetizers infront of her.

“Not really, she’s having douche trouble”

Alex smiled.

“You mean guy trouble”

Maddy waved her hand.

“He’s a douche once you hear this”

Alex nodded.

“From what I know, Stella thought she was dating him. He’s sick with the flu so she shows up to his place with some soup, you know to make him feel better. The door opens and a girl who introduces herself as his girlfriend answers the door”

Alex shook her head and let out a deep breath.

“What a dick”

Someone’s phone began ringing and I looked down at the table to see Stella’s iPhone ringing. Filip turned his attention away from Dave and Calle and looked at the phone.

“Is no one going to answer?”

Maddy looked at the screen and hummed.

“Nope”

I glanced up to see Lucy and Stella making their way over. Lucy set her margarita down next to me and sat down. Stella’s phone started ringing again and she looked at the screen. When she frowned, Filip spoke up.

“You ok?”

Stella looked up and pursed her lips as she nodded.

“Yea, I just don’t want to talk with this guy”

He nodded and Maddy looked at him.

“Answer, and mess with him. He deserves it”

Filip looked up at her and smiled.

“Can I mess with him?”

She handed him the phone and he answered the call.

“Hello”

He cleared his throat and let his accent linger more.

“Hello? Anyone there?”

He smiled and looked at Stella.

“I’m a friend of Stella’s. Who is this?”

He hummed and nodded.

“You didn’t tell me your name though man”

Filip looked at Stella and nodded slowly.

“I’ll let her know you called, but I’m going to let you go now. Stella awaits…bye…fuck you too buddy”

He hung up and looked at Stella.

“He told me to go fuck myself”

Lucy laughed as Filip returned the phone back to Stella.

“Michael…David”

Mike made a face and took a sip of his beer as Kat, Alex’s little sister sat on Dave’s lap.

“Comfy there Kat?”

She smiled.

“I would sit on you but you’re injured”

She frowned at Mike and looked at Dave.

“I did something stupid”

Dave smiled.

“You gotta be more specific Kit Kat”

She pouted and looked at Mike who laughed.

“Hey now, don’t give me those eyes. You did this all on your own”

Dave squeezed her hipbone and she turned to him.

“I have to agree with Mike here”

She pouted.

“Help me…Alex”

Alex raised an eyebrow at her sister.

“Remember the boy I told you I was talking with?”

Alex nodded.

“Well he kissed me, and I kinda ran away after”

She looked at everyone including me.

“Help me!”

Maddy chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

“Did you say something to him before you proceeded to run away?”

Kat nodded.

“I told him I had to go home to feed my dogs”

The girls laughed at her and she pouted.

“Guys!”

Maddy took a sip of her water.

“I expect that type of response from you Kat”

Lucy nodded and took a sip of her margarita.

“How long did you ignore him for?”

She smiled.

“Uh, 3 days”

Filip chuckled.

“What do you recommend?”

Filip chuckled as she introduced herself to him. They shook hands and Filiped sat up a bit.

“Have you tried calling him?”

She nodded.

“He’s not answering his phone”

He nodded.

“You should be up front to the guy. Tell him you got nervous and you ran. The worst he could do is ignore you, and if that happens he’s not the right guy”

She nodded.

“True, Thank you Filip”

He smiled.

“No problem Katalina”

She smiled at him and then turned to Dave.

“I missed you”

She kissed his cheek and he laughed.

“I know you did, I promise we will catch up later”

She nodded.

“When do you leave?”

“Monday afternoon”

She smiled and hugged him.

“My professor is out of town for my 8AM, and the other professor never takes roll so I figured I’d skip Monday”

She nodded.

“I don’t have class until 5pm since my professor decided to give us the day off”

Mike scoffed.

“Why can’t I have professor’s like yours?”

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Lucy’s Aunt Melissa.

“Hi Aunt Mel”

She smiled at Lucy and looked down at me.

“Hi honey, the tacos are ready”

I laughed as Lucy stood up.

“I’m starved”

Her aunt gave my shoulder a squeeze.

“I need to speak with you Mattias, but that can wait”

I nodded and she moved away from me to Filip and Calle. I stood up and followed Stella to the taco stand.

“You ok?” I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled.

“Yea”

“I can beat him up if you want?” I offered.

She laughed.

“No thank you, Maddy offered already and I said no there as well”

Lucy turned to us.

“It’s Brandon Saad”

I looked at Stella.

“Really?” I asked.

She nodded slowly.

“I don’t mind beating him up” I said.

She laughed.

“Please don’t, I honestly don’t know how my friends meet NHL players and actually date them”

I turned when I heard a light gasp.

“Speak for yourself, I know plenty NHL players and I am not dating any”

I chuckled and Maddy shrugged.

“It’s true”