Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Fyrtiotre

Lucy’s POV- November 2015
I looked at the envelope in front of me and grabbed my mail opener. I teared the envelope open and placed the mail opener next to me. I glanced up when the front door opened. A very annoyed Bobbi walked to her room while Mike made his way over.

“How was Dallas?”

I nodded and put the envelope on my lap as he leaned down to hug me. He sat down next to me and hummed.

“It was nice, a well needed little break” I said.

He nodded.

“How are college applications?” I asked him.

He made a face and let out a deep breath.

“They are done, and ready to be submitted. Can you look over 3 statements of purpose papers I have? Bobbi keeps saying she’s busy and I don’t want to ask Jared”

“I don’t mind at all” I told him.

He nodded and leaned against the couch.

“Are you excited to graduate?” I asked.

He made a face and pulled out his phone.

“Not really, I’ll be considered an adult once I do”

I laughed and nodded.

“That is very true” I said making him hum.

“How was Thanksgiving?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Aunt Gabbie made the turkey so that went well. The food was really good because my mom had nothing to do with it. She honestly should have stayed at home, she was on the phone the whole entire time”

I squeezed his kneecap and he looked at the envelope on my lap.

“What’s that?”

“Uh mail from my uncle from Sweden” I said.

He nodded slowly and hummed.

“Do you want me to leave?”

I shook my head.

“No, it’s fine” I told him.

He nodded and I unfolded the piece of paper. A picture fell out on my lap, and I chose to ignore it for the time being. I looked at the paper and let out a deep breath. The letter said.

Lucy,

Let me start of this letter by apologizing for taking so long to reply back. I was on vacation in India with my family and just got back to Sweden. That is not an excuse though because I should have checked my email frequently. Mattias, your boyfriend gave me this address. This may be your address or his address, but if you could please thank him for me I would greatly appreciate it. I did a little snooping and found a couple of pictures of you. You have certainly grown into a young, independent and beautiful young lady. After your father married your mother we stopped talking. He sent a Christmas letter every year with a picture of you and Drew, and I should have known something had happened when they just stopped. Your grandparents never approved of the relationship, and to avoid problems with them I avoided my brother. I did not know about that accident, and I am incredibly sorry for never trying to get in contact with him or you. I would love to get to know you, but only if you are comfortable with it. I am afterall your father’s twin brother, and I do not want to make you feel uncomfortable. If you do not wish to meet me, that is fine.

I looked at the address and phone number written on the piece of paper and I looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“You ok?”

I looked at Mike and smiled.

“Yea, he actually wants to meet me” I said.

He smiled and squeezed my shoulder.

“That’s good”

I nodded and picked up the picture from my lap.

“That’s my dad’s twin brother” I told Mike.

He looked at the picture and hummed as he leaned close to look at the picture.

“He looks just like him”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Do you want to meet him? I mean you did try to get in contact with him during the summer”

I nodded slowly.

“Mattias didn’t tell me until right before I came back to the States though, so it was about a month and a half ago” I said.

He nodded.

“I do want to meet him” I said.

He smiled.

“Then you should, but don’t do it alone. Take Mattias with you or someone else”

I nodded and looked at the email.

“Mattias had his address but he managed to convince me that a 3 hour drive was not exactly the sane thing to do” I said.

He chuckled.

“I heard you’re spending Christmas here in Nashville”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Who told you this?” I asked him.

He grinned.

“Everyone is talking about it, what if he proposes to you?”

I looked at him.

“You’re an idiot” I told him.

He laughed.

“What do you know?” I asked him.

He shook his head and smiled.

“I know nothing, I’m curious. I mean you guys are the age to be married”

He squeezed my hand.

“Do you not want to marry him?”

Mattias asked me to move in with him a few days later.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm posting two today!