Sequel: Something

Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Fyrtiosju

Mattias’s POV- February 2016
I was making my way to my car when my phone started ringing. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. It was Lucy’s Uncle, Nick.

“Hello” I said as I answered the call.

“So I heard what happened”

I hummed and unlocked my car.

“Yea, things did not go as planned” I said as I opened the door and got into my car.

Calle and Filip were not with me because both their girlfriends were in town. They were going to take them out somewhere.

“I’m sure you asking her would have made her feel better”

I chuckled and put the phone on speaker.

“She would have probably thrown up on me” I said as I started the car.

I did not ask Lucy to marry me during the All Star Break. Why not? Because she got food poisoning the night before I was going to ask her. Instead of taking her out to the beach and asking her to marry me, I forced her to go to the ER where they put an IV unit on her because she was dehydrated. The trip was nice, when she wasn’t crying in pain or puking.

“She would have said yes”

“I don’t exactly want to link food poisoning to an engagement though” I said.

“I guess, so when are you asking her?”

“I wanted to ask Valentines Day, but it seems her Uncle wants to meet her that week. Too much is going on” I said.

The line was quiet and I glanced at my phone to see I was still in fact on the phone with Nick.

“How long will he be there for?”

“I have no clue, Lucy told me this morning before she went to work” I said.

He chuckled.

“Lucy still went to work?”

“She got sent home though” I said.

“Good, I was about to call her boss”

He hummed.

“She’s fine now, right?”

“She is” I said.

“Good, thank you for taking care of her”

“She’d do the same for me” I said.

He hummed.

“She didn’t find the ring?”

“No” I said.

“Where are you hiding it?”

“Coach is holding it for me” I admitted.

“Is he the only one that knows?”

“Yea, I called him late last night asking if I could have him take care of something for me” I said.

“What did he say?”

“He said I picked a really smart and beautiful girl” I said.

He also told me not to fuck anything up with Lucy because girls like her don’t come often.

“I’ll let you go, my break is over”

“Ok, bye” I said.

“Bye”

He ended the call, and as soon as it ended Lucy called me.

“Hello” I said.

“Hey, Can you stop by the grocery store?”

“Yea, just send me what you need” I told her.

“Thank you. Love you”

“Love you too, bye” I said as she ended the call.

A few minuntes later my phone chimed with Lucy’s text.