Literati

1/1

Today kids, I’m going to tell you a story about how I asked your mother to marry me.

There was a thin coat of snow on the ground, and it was still falling. It may have only been early October, but it was freezing cold.

Sam and I were walking to the diner so I could start my shift.

“So, since I’ve been working for my uncle at the diner, I was able to get Rory something.” I told her.

“What did you get her?” Sam asked.

“A ring” I huffed out, nervous at Sam’s reaction.

“A ring, are you gonna ask her to marry you?” She questioned, looking at me.

I looked ahead, it was empty except for the snowflakes falling to the ground. We arrived in the diner and walked up the steps. I had my hand on the door and sighed.

“Yes, yes I am” I said.

I opened the door, letting Sam in first. The warmth of the diner hit me quickly, I walked over to the coat rack and hung up my coat.

“Luke, I’m here!” I yelled into the back.

Sam sat down at a table and I went behind the counter.

“Coffee?” I asked.

“Sure” She said

I grabbed a cup and took it over, along with the pot of coffee. I put the cup down on the table and poured coffee into it.

“When are you planning on doing it?” She asked.

A customer walked into the diner and sat down at a table.

“On her birthday” I said walking over to the customer.

I took their order and gave it to Luke who made it.

“What are you planning on doing on who’s birthday?” Luke asked.

“You’ll see” I smiled.

I worked my shift, Sam had to leave halfway through though. We decided that she would help set up a dinner here at the diner, and that’s when I’d propose to Rory.

I finished my shift and walked out into the cold. There was a thicker layer of snow on the ground now. I walked back to my apartment and started to plan things for Rory’s birthday.

I was up late into the night, falling asleep at my kitchen table.

* * * Rory’s Birthday * * *

I woke up, sitting up in my bed. It was Rory’s birthday, she had to have dinner at her grandparent’s and then I’d be picking her up from there and taking her to the diner for her birthday dinner from me. It seemed simple enough, but I was nervous as hell.

I got up and got in the shower. I got out and got in my bathrobe, blow drying my hair and making sure that it was perfect.

I went out into the living room and got a book off of my bookshelf and sat down on the couch, reading.

I got a page from Sam two hours before I was supposed to pick up Rory. She told me to get dressed, and that she’d be dropping off her car soon.

I got dressed in my nicest suit and put my shoes on.

I walked downstairs to see Sam waiting there with her car.

“I’ll be at the diner, waiting for the two of you to arrive. Remember that I am your waiter.” she told me.

“Alright” I said.

She handed me the keys and I got in the car. I put the keys in the ignition and started the car. I smiled and she closed the door and stood back as I started the drive to Hartford.

With the current traffic it took about an hour to get there. When I did, I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. The maid answered the door.

“I’m here to pick up Rory Gilmore.” I said.

“Right this way, sir” The maid said and led me into the living room.

Everyone was sitting there, talking.

“Sorry I’m late, traffic was hell” I said, chuckling.

“It’s fine Jess” Lorelai said.

Rory got up and walked over to me, I pecked her lips and smiled.

“Well, we better get going so we’re not late” I told everyone.

“Bye Jess” Mr. and Mrs. Gilmore said.

“Bye” I smiled.

I took Rory’s hand and walked her out to the car, opening the door for her. I walked over to the other side and got into the car.

We talked as I drove, I was hoping that she didn’t realize I was nervous. I turned on the radio and we sang along to songs until I pulled up infront of the diner.

I turned the car off and got out, walking over to her door. I opened it and let her out, taking her hand as we walked into the vacant diner.

I sighed with relief as the table was set up, and candles were lit. I walked over to the table and pulled out her chair for her. She sat down and I did the same.

We talked for a bit and Sam brought out our first course of the meal. We ate and we talked about life, as the courses kept coming.

When Sam brought out the desert, she nodded and stood behind the counter.

“Rory, there’s something I wanna ask you, and I’ve wanted to ask you for a while now. You make me the happiest guy on earth, and I don’t know what I’d do without you. I love your intelligence, and your perseverance. Yet, you have a very fun and quirky personality. Lorelai Leigh Gilmore, I was wondering,” I paused and got down on one knee infront of her. “Will you do the honor of marrying me?”

Shock and happiness was shown on her face, and I was hoping she didn’t say no. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this girl.

”Yes Jess, I will marry you” She replied and hugged me.

I slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her softly.

That is how your mother and I came to be a thing
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it Sam c: You were a pretty crucial part, as for you we're both Rory's and Jess's best friend c:

xxx
~Sam