Status: Oneshot!

Bob Morley's Audition as Bellamy Blake

1/1

Bob smiles to himself in the mirror while adjusting his tie, almost ready to head off to the audition he has scheduled with CW for "the 100". The young actor can feel his heart soar with excitement and yet concern that he won't be able to land the part he's been hoping for; Bellamy Blake. He knows now that with every success there is the possibility of failure as well. However, he isn't going to let the fear of failing halt his career. He's practiced the character's lines at least a hundred times, and that's not counting the countless hours he's stayed awake trying so hard to memorize and ingrain the character of Bellamy into his brain. His friends and family are all worried that if he doesn't get the part, it might devastate the poor man and of course they are concerned with the long nights he's been pulling. Never mind all of that though, all that matters is for Bob to arrive on time and ready to portray a guard-posing "Delinquent".

Getting there is a bit of a hassle, what with the busy streets and people walking around looking confused and panicked. The actor doesn't let any of that get to him though, deciding instead to do another internal monologue on his way into the building. His "speech" is stopped when he is greeted outside tall glass doors by a man wearing a gold plaque name tag and looking to be about in his early fifties, possibly late forties.

"Bob Morley?" He questions.

"Yes, sir!" Bob answers, maybe a little too excitedly.

"Welcome to CW. We are delighted to have you here and wish you luck on your audition."

"Thank you!" He instinctively reaches out to shake the man's hand like he has at other auditions. The elder smiles and closes the gap, giving his hand a firm shake before turning to greet the person standing next to Bob. Feeling a little bit calmer, the actor goes over to the information desk to check where he is supposed to go. He finds out the exact room and that it's on the third floor. His nerves start to act up a bit again but a shake of his head and a deep breath seem to help as he can feel the room stop spinning and the elevator that he took come to a stop. Stepping out finds him with a long hallway and a room marked C1, the room he is to audition in.

"Welcome!" This time he hears the cheery voice of a woman only in her early thirties judging from the clear and young looking skin his eyes catch a glimpse of as he enters through the doorway.

"Thank you! It's a pleasure to be here." Bob answers politely, taking it upon himself to take a seat across from the woman's desk.

"I know you've done acting before so you should be used to how we do things here. I'm going to first need your height, weight, shoe size, etc. and then you will step onto the stage in the back of the room and perform a scene from the show. Any questions?"

"No ma'am. I'm all ready when you are." A bright smile crosses the man's lips as he thinks about actually getting the part and being able to be filmed playing his dream character.

"Great." The woman smiles, taking out a clipboard with pieces of paper attached and handing it to Bob. The actor eagerly writes in all of the required info he's familiarized himself with and hands it back.

"Excellent, thank you." She smiles once more before motioning for him to step onto the stage located in the back. The young man adjusts his tie before doing so and standing with his shoulders back and in a confident stance. "I'd like you to read where Bellamy Blake says his speech to the 100." Walking over with a copy of the script in her hand, she turns it to the correct page and hands it to Bob. With anger and frustration in his voice, he shouts out the lines:

"You expect us to trust a Grounder? This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground! The Grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky, we don't belong here. But they're yet to realize one very important fact: We are on the ground now, and that means we are Grounders!"

Bob finishes on a strong note and the person in charge of his audition applauds loudly.

"Wow! You really are a natural. I'd say you have a really good shot at getting this, we'll have to give you a call tomorrow though to let you know for sure."

"Thank you, it'd be truly and honor if I got to play Bellamy, I've been practicing for a while now and I think my friends and family are starting to worry for my sanity and they may even be starting to think I'm turning into him." The woman chuckles and gives him a pat on the back once he's stepped down from the stage.

"Yes, well they may have to worry if our director wants you; you may have to work long hours and rehearse the same line over and over again and you could very well "become" him. Smiling, she escorts him out of the room and gives him a small hug, thanking him for coming in.

When Bob's alarm clock goes off the next morning, he groans and harshly hits the "snooze" button, not wanting to be awake so early. But just then he remembers that he's to get a call today to see if he's gotten the part or not and with that thought in his mind, he all but jumps out of bed and heads into the bathroom to take a shower and clean up before his possible big moment. Once he's out, he dries off and gets dressed, repeatedly checking his cell phone for any missed calls. Sighing when he sees there's none, although with it being only seven in the morning there's not much chance anyone at the company is even in to work yet; he heads downstairs to start breakfast and watch a little TV to try and relax before his dreams are either made or shattered. Around an hour or so later, the actor hears a faint ringing sound coming from upstairs and he realizes he's left his phone on the bedside table. With a small smack to his head, he dashes up the stairs to pick it up, not even bothering to check who it is that's calling.

"He-".. He clears his throat. "Hello?"

"Yes, hello I'm trying to reach Bob Morley." "Is this him?"

"Yes!" Bob exclaims. "I mean yes, yes this is him."

"Wonderful. I'm calling to inform you that you've gotten the part of Bellamy Blake on the new CW show, "the 100"." It's the same woman from the audition yesterday, and Bob can literally feel his heart race at the news.

"I have?? Thank you, thank you!" His excitment can clearly be heard through the phone and that causes the woman to let out a gentle laugh in response.

"You start filming on Sunday. Be sure to be here at 10am, sharp. And congratulations, I know how badly you wanted this."

"I will be there!" He hangs up the phone after exchanging goodbyes and proceeds to call those who've been worried about his health due to this audition. He's sure they'll be happy for him although a bit annoyed that he'll probably be reciting lines more and more because now he really is "Bellamy Blake of the 100".
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry if this sucks or if there's any grammatical errors. I don't have WiFi at the moment so I have to rely on my phone's awful data connection.. I typed this all out in Word thinking I could get my hotspot to work for a second so I could paste it onto here, but that didn't work and I had to retype all of it on my phone and upload it through mobile. Again, I'm really sorry if you hate it!