Made Up Stories.

Synergy.

Lucy burst through the door, ‘I have two weeks off mum and I’m not scared to do nothing’ her mum laughing, ‘you get in here, Lucy’ hugging her mum, ‘it’s so good to see you, how is Washington working for the Potus’ ‘as good as it gets, not sure how I will feel if Trump happens though’ ‘oh, God, I’m sorry’ laughing together and helping her unpack the shopping she had bought, ‘I’ve forgotten some stuff for our movie night’ ‘what would you like?’ Making a list for themselves and catching up, ‘I’ll go now’ heading out of the house into Baltimore, she tied up her long red hair and got a move on through the crawling traffic, removing her make up and trying to feel relaxed in her hometown, heading for the supermarket, thinking there was never ever enough spaces in this city, and then thought I wonder if that’s my fault, how much power does the government have heading inside for the snacks.

‘Excuse me, tall person, could you pass me a jar of peanut butter’ Alex laughing, ‘tall person’ ‘I’m sorry, just it’s important to something I bake’ ‘of course’ passing her a jar, ‘thank you very much and I’m sorry’ ‘no need, no need at all, do you need a tall person again?’ ‘I don’t know, but if I see you again’ Alex laughing, ‘what do you bake?’ ‘Peanut butter cookies’ Alex grinned, ‘I just got home from Washington, I owe my mum some snacks’ Alex walking with her, ‘she’s my best friend basically’ talking and walking, ‘what about your dad’ ‘he passed away a couple of years ago and so I have to take good care’ ‘oh, God, I’m sorry’ ‘I’m not, he was in an incredible amount of pain, something I wasn’t thinking then but in reflection’ Alex nodded, ‘of course’ talking, ‘I’m Lucy’ ‘Alex’ shaking hands, ‘why did I do that, sorry, I work at the White House, so’ Alex laughing, ‘I get to shake the hand that might have shaken the presidents’ ‘I like you’ giggling.

Alex looked at her, ‘oh my God, what if you have to work for Trump?’ Lucy smiled, ‘then I have to shut my mouth and get on with it, but I am hoping that that can not happen’ Alex laughing, ‘I bet’ laughing a little, ‘I’m sorry that I can’t vote’ Lucy smiled, ‘why?’ ‘I’m English, I can’t vote for the president’ ‘that sucks my friend, we need smart people like you, we based our democracy on England and then just fucked it up, like kicking a pile of leaves’ Alex laughing, ‘yeah’ ‘sorry, I’m just, my first holiday’ ‘enjoy it, I hope we see one another again’ ‘do you recommend anywhere’ ‘my best friend runs a bar called the Rockwell, meet you there in a few days?’ ‘Sounds good’ he grinned, ‘how about Wednesday, 6pm’ ‘fine by me’ Alex grinned seeing her go, ‘I scored a date in the supermarket’ ‘you did?’ ‘I did mum’ laughing together, ‘if it means you’ll be home more’ laughing, ‘I wouldn’t mind’ talking.
-x-

Alex grinned, ‘so you head back to Washington again soon’ ‘yeah, I’ll make sure we get to see each other again, I think these couple of dates have been great, I would like to see you again’ he grinned, ‘mutual’ talking together over food, ‘where do you live in Washington’ ‘I’ll give you all my details’ Alex grinned writing it down for her, ‘how are you single?’ Alex asked, ‘I overwork, you?’ ‘I overtour, it’s been three years and then you happened, I’m so glad you did right now’ ‘I think I’ve been wanting to leave Politics and I’d like to after the presidential elections, I’d like a good reason to come home, I hope you are that’ Alex grinned, ‘I am not home much’ ‘that’s fine, really, I don’t think it’s healthy for relationships to revolve around people, I’ve lost my friends doing this job, I wouldn’t mind getting some back right now’ Alex grinned, ‘I can see’ he beamed, ‘I will accomodate for you, if you do it for me’ ‘agreed’ he grinned.

Lucy packed her case ‘I’m going to miss you’ ‘mum, I’m going to find a job in Baltimore, working there was always a way to get me on the ladder, with a job like that I probably could get a job anywhere, I will look out for something’ her mum hugging her, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, I miss this city and I’m dating this guy, and I don’t think he’s said anything I don’t agree with yet’ ‘oh, what’s his name?’ ‘Alex, he’s in a band, well, he’s doing other things as his band are on hiatus for a bit’ ‘that’s kinda hot though’ ‘well, he’s kinda hot though, I hope you’ll meet him eventually’. Alex smiled running in the station, ‘I wanted to see you before you go’ Lucy chuckled, ‘wow, thank you’ he grinned kissing her deeply, ‘wow, I like your style’ ‘good’ giggling, Lucy kissing him back, ‘we’ll figure it out’ ‘I know we will’ holding her close, ‘you are really handsome’ ‘thank you, you are beautiful’ ‘I only ever hear women called beautiful, but you can work it’ laughing together, ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘that’s true’ laughing.

Getting back to work, Alex grinned calling her as ran errands in the office, ‘I know you have bluetooth’ ‘I do indeed, how I am talking to you’ laughing a little, ‘how is the west wing?’ ‘Busy, it seem we fight off prejudice like the flu here right now’ ‘you are dealing with a man whose name is a bodily function’ Lucy snorted laughing, Alex smirked, ‘I’m so proud, I made a girl snort with laughter’ ‘I’m so sorry’ giggling and talking as she got work done, ‘when can I see you again?’ ‘I’m going to stick to my hours as much as I can, just let me know and I will be there’ he grinned organising a date with her, putting it in her diary, ‘I will make sure I’m free’ ‘I know how demanding it is’ ‘it is an incredibly crazy office to work for’ laughing a little and talking all afternoon via text, Alex grinned thinking this time he had to have got it right, Lucy feeling the same as she wrapped up the day and got home early, thinking maybe a pet would be a good idea, using the new year as a way of getting a life.

-x-
Alex smiled, ‘you really like sunflowers’ ‘I’m sorry, they are my favourite flowers, I’ll be honest’ he grinned, ‘no need, I like it, but it wakes you up’ ‘that’s the point’ laughing a little, Lucy making food and bringing it to bed, ‘here’ ‘lovely’ Lucy smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘thank you for the pancakes’ ‘I know you love them’ laughing together in bed and talking all morning, kissing softly and going down under the covers again, making love. Alex snuggling into her, ‘I have loads of time’ ‘good, you should just stay’ kissing him softly, ‘your dog’s here, so come on’ kissing his neck gently, he beamed, ‘I know’ kissing her neck gently, ‘you really are kinda hot when you want to be’ ‘I’m trying, Alex’ whispering in his ear, Alex chuckled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ pulling on his lip gently, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm?’ ‘I’m staying’ ‘good’ he grinned stroking his briefs gently, Alex smirked, ‘you are really hot’ ‘so are you’ ging under the sheets, ‘oh, God’.

Lucy tidied a little, ‘I do have work, I’m gonna go now’ ‘you should come with me for the tour in the UK, it’s a week long’ Lucy grinned, ‘I have a couple of weeks I need to take off before April’ Alex grnned, ‘good’ ‘if we’re good, I’ll book it off and go with you’ kissing him softly, ‘I bought dog food’ ‘thank you’ seeing her go. Alex cooked from Lucy’s cupboards, thinking this girl had his kind of kitchen seeing herbs and spices on the rack, cooking for them, seeing her come in around 5:30, ‘oh, wow, that smells amazing’ hanging her coat up, Alex grinned as she sat, ‘I’m guessing you like to cook’ ‘it helps me relax’ he grinned talking about their favourite meals, ‘oh, God, Alex that’s amazing’ ‘what’s your dream?’ ‘I love to bake cakes, particularly english pastries and things’ Alex grinned, ‘I’ve been to England a lot’ ‘really?’ ‘Hmm, I really like it’ talking plans.

‘why don’t we do it’ ‘sorry’ ‘make a tea shop’ ‘I’d do it in Baltimore’ ‘good’ ‘let’s see how we go’ ‘okay’ ‘sorry’ ‘don’t be’ Alex smiled holding her on the sofa, ‘I have alll the things planned, I have a business plan and everything, I’d give some of the profit to local charities and anything not sold, I’d let homeless people in, give them food and a cup of tea, they need it’ ‘I love that’ ‘I always wanted to help people, I know it sounds cheesy’ ‘me too’ Alex beamed, ‘oh, awesome’ he grinned holding her close, ‘think we could do it’ ‘I like to think so’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’d have to get someone to manage the front of house’ ‘know anyone’ ‘my little sister, she has autism and she did catering, it’s hard for her to find a job even though she can do everything’ Alex smiled, ‘okay then’ he grinned kissing her, ‘the more I know you, the more you’re perfect to me’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘I feel the same , you say and do the right things’ ‘mutual’.
-x-
6 months later:-

‘There’s no tables’ ‘it’s been like this all week’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m sorry Isobel, Alex, I don’t like you waiting’ ‘no, no, it’s fine, I’m glad it’s working out so well for you’ ‘thank you very much’ seeing a couple of ladies leaving, Lily clearing the table one of Lucy’s beepers going off, ‘I have cakes to take out, Lily, see these two to that table’ ‘absolutely’. ‘This is Lily, Lucy’s younger sister’ ‘nice to meet you, may I take your order?’ ‘Of course, a pot of violet tea and a tray of pastries’ ‘coming up ma’am’ Alex grinned, ‘I suspect your usual’ ‘please’ Isobel chuckled, ‘what is it?’ ‘Pear tea and earl grey shortbread’ ‘oh, I did good with you’ Alex laughing with her, their tray coming out promptly, ‘enjoy your food’ ‘thank you’ Isobel trying, ‘oh, she’s good, why does she like England so much?’ ‘Food is better, politics is better, history is interesting’ laughing together, Lucy getting the food cooled down and put in the glass cabinet.

Lucy smiled as the last customer left, putting pastries out from the end of the day, Alex smiled as she boiled fresh water, helping her, ‘is is true the food is free’ ‘course, sir, come in, would you like a drink’ ‘I have no money’ ‘that’s free too’ ‘oh, thank you’ Lucy smiled making a cup of tea letting him take food, plating it up, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ others coming in and taking a seat, Lucy smiled as Alex helped her pass around drinks to everyone, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ talking together, ‘those blankets’ ‘do you want one?’ Lucy asked, ‘please’ Lucy taking one and passing it to her, ‘here’ ‘thank you’ Alex smiled, ‘you knitted blankets’ ‘if you stick to one stitch and colour, it’s not a hard or long thing to do’ Lucy smiled, Alex grinned, ‘I have an idea’ talking and helping people get food, knowing some of the people were getting regular, seeing people come and go until food had gone, ‘there’s nothing left’ ‘I can make you sandwiches’ Alex smiled.

‘Are you okay working such long hours?’ ‘It’s not so long, as I make cake mixes in big batches and make them, with Lily that take a couple of hours, and I open at 8 and close at 7, so it’s a long, but two are voluntary’ talking together about it, ‘when I make a bit more money, I might get a new assistant to take on the morning work, or even just the weekend, though, if I give Lily the kitchen at the weekend and then let her help the homeless, someone can cover the waitressing, I’ll figure it out’ Getting to work and serving people drinks as they came in to head for work, putting out cakes, pastries and cookies for the day, she sold a few to the last stragglers, Lily coming in, ‘morning’ ‘morning’ Lucy smiled, ‘there’s so much to do’ talking together, ‘I could handle the weekend, it’s not so busy so we can cook less’ ‘that’s true’ ‘less homeless too’ ‘yeah’.

Alex grinned, ‘you’re here’ ‘Lily is handling the weekend, she can do all the recipes and we have less people coming in, so it’s okay’ Alex beamed, ‘good, you need a good balance, is Lily alright with that?’ ‘She does nine to five, it’s not such a big pressure on her’ ‘of course’ talking in bed, ‘I’m so glad it’s doing well’ ‘thank you’ he grinned kissing her softly. Lucy smiled getting to work on Monday and beginning food recipes, the oven’s buzzing on, Lily got in a little early, handling the last of the commuters, ‘thanks Lu’ ‘no need’ getting the food in the glass cabinet, seeing a young woman come in and take a seat, Lily giving her some time to browse the menu and heading over as the tea shop opened and people took tables, getting her order for a variety of dishes, ‘coming up’ ‘what tea do you recommend?’ ‘I love the violet myself, the lotus blossom and our summer iced tea is very nice’ ‘all of them’ ‘okay’.

Lucy picking up The Sun from the step in the morning, she gasped looking in the culture section with a grin, ‘Lily!’ ‘You sound happy’ ‘look’ reading the awesome review, ‘I’m going to pop out and get a frame after I’ve put the food in the glass, can you handle it’ ‘absolutely’. Lucy hung it on the wall after Alex knocked in a nail, ‘thank you Al’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘congratulations on the awesome review’ ‘thank you’ he beamed, ‘best I’ve ever helped make’ Alex laughing, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you, and it’s certainly not, I’ve heard everything, don’t sell yourself short in front of me, never happened before’ Alex smirked, Lily laughed, ‘don’t worry Alex, you are not the first person she doesn’t like insulting themselves’ ‘thank you, she means it, doesn’t she?’ ‘Oh, yes, viciously’ laughing together, ‘all of it’ ‘from the first EP’ ‘what Noel?’ ‘Ehh, Circles is better’.

Jack laughed, ‘she said that?’ ‘She did!’ Laughing as Lucy came in, ‘hello you, the terrible two, Jack you staying for food?’ ‘If you don’t mind’ ‘no need’ Alex smiled as she begun to cook, bringing through a burrito platter, ‘oh, God, Lucy, marry me?’ ‘No, Jack, she’s marrying me eventually’ Lucy laughing, ‘alright boys’ laughing together, ‘calm yourself’ laughing together, and having food, ‘what’s that?’ ‘Lucy’s a vegetarian so she has peppers’ ‘we kept chickens in our garden as a kid, I just can’t eat Bessie, but it’s all good’ Alex nodding eating together, ‘you do cook so good both of you, honestly, you two are amazing together’ ‘we work well together’ Lucy grinned, ‘thank you’ laughing a little, ‘what did you think of us live’ ‘I think that if you spend any more time on hiatus I might kill you, what are you doing?’ Alex laughing, ‘Lucy has been checking If I’m writing lately’ Jack laughing, ‘me too’.
-x-
2 years later:-

‘My wife made us make a new album’ ‘really?’ Jack nodding, ‘she knew I was bored doing nothing, and just made made go in the end, Jack picked me up and took me away and we made the album as we went along and you love it, a couple of the songs are me pissed off with Lucy for basically making them kidnap me, I’m not mad any more’ ‘good, you shouldn’t be’ laughing. Lucy smirked looking in, ‘I heard you talking about me and how mad you were’ Alex grinned, ‘sorry’ ‘I know, I’m so glad you did this though, this is your first love and your amazing’ he grinned, ‘and I’m proud of you’ Alex blushed, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ sitting down, Lucy kissing his cheek softly and taking his hand, Alex resting on her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing his head softly, ‘I want to spend my life with you’ ‘I’m glad, we’re married’ giggling.

Alex looked at her, ‘I know it would be hard, but is it possible to have kids?’ Lucy giggling, ‘what?’ ‘I just am eight weeks, I was going to tell you when you got home, I’ve been putting place maternity plans, Lily is doing all the cooking and I’m going to get her a waitress to cover her work’ Alex hugging her, ‘I love you so much, how are you going to take care of it?’ ‘I’ll figure it out’ ‘thank you’ laughing together, ‘I’m sure you’ll be fine’ he grinned holding her close. Lucy smiled, ‘you’ll want this, but when you get home you’ll see it better, cos the next scan’ Alex beamed, ‘I love you and you’ Lucy giggling, ‘we love you too, I’ll see you when you get home honey’ Alex blushed seeing her go holding the picture, ‘Lucy’ ‘yes, Alex, you can’ Alex laughing, telling the audience.