Made Up Stories.

Differences.

John smiled, ‘know the band?’ ‘No, actually, I was just intrigued by the artwork, looks like someone fell out of the sky’ she murmured, John grinned ‘yeah from this angle’ ‘are they good?’ ‘I like to think so, I’m the singer’ the redhead laughed, ‘I totally get that’ ‘what do you do?’ ‘I wish I was as brave as you, but me I’m an academic librarian, I help people who are doing humanities subjects such as Philosophy, History, Languages and Literature’ he grinned, ‘well, I wish I had your knowledge, Philosophy is my thing’ ‘that’s my field of strength’ he grinned ‘that’s cool’ talking together, ‘so what do you listen to?’ ‘Mainly classical as it gets me in the zone, I play violin as well so-’ ‘that’s cool, such a nice instrument’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘I guess, I don’t know, I listen to pop punk, I guess, but I prefer it to be a bit more punk than pop’ ‘you listen to punk music’ ‘I do, but not the stuff about men feeling like women owe them shit’ ‘haha’. 

Lucy looked at him properly, ‘damn’ ‘sorry’ ‘nothing’ ‘something wrong?’ ‘Just nothing, do you wanna get coffee sometime?’ Lucy asked, he grinned, ‘yes’ ‘good, thank you’ ‘no, thank you’ she smiled ‘when are you free?’ ‘After the 21st, actually, can I invite you to something?’ ‘Sure’ he grinned ‘what’s your name?’ Giving him the details, ‘meet me at the Crescent Ballroom’ ‘okay then’. Lucy called Jess, ‘Jess’ ‘yes’ ‘I need to go shopping’ ‘finally, why?’ ‘I have to go to a music gig festival thing at the weekend and I don’t look cool, I will look like a teacher’ ‘yes, you do that’ ‘thanks, are you busy?’ ‘My dear Lucy, I am never busy for you’ ‘you can bring the baby’ ‘I know, I know you never mind’ ‘good’ laughing together ‘I’ll meet you at the mall nearest you’ ‘okay then’ meeting her, ‘not a band shirt, cos I know nothing about them’ ‘ha’ laughing together, ‘you listen to punk though, Distillers’ ‘its a date’ ‘ok’.

‘You look good’ ‘that’s what friends are for’ laughing together, ‘come with me, I get help too’ ‘I always seem to look like a teacher’ ‘you did, but you are beautiful, so don’t worry about it’ ‘thank you, no one’s told me that before’ ‘you are joking’ ‘no’ ‘madness’ ‘I like you’. Watching band’s play as John filled her in about each one, ‘I know this one, I remember then from when I was younger, On Your Side was a great album to me’ he grinned ‘you were a fan? ‘I was, I think, I’ll go through my journals’ John smiled ‘you keep one’ ‘for years, cos somehow I think I’m interesting enough’ John laughing with her, ‘how old are you?’ ‘I’m 24′ ‘makes you around fifteen, makes sense’ laughing together, ‘fourteen, Greetings From.. has If Only They Knew, are they playing that?’ John laughing with her, ‘sorry, I didn’t know’ ‘I know’ laughing together. 
-x-

‘You have a tattoo’ ‘indeed, it’s a line from a song by a band called The Distillers’ ‘hmm’ ‘it’s a line from Seneca Falls, the thing about destiny is that it never makes mistakes’ he grinned, ‘you have it typed’ ‘I think typed it looks more authoritative, a reminder, that I am here cos I am supposed to be’ John grinned ‘it looks good’ he grinned, ‘also I hate those cursive fonts, I like the work on your chest’ ‘these are my own lyrics’ ‘they’re good ones though’ ‘thank you’ talking together, ‘I have a tonne’ showing her, Lucy just admiring those abs a little, ‘glad you have one for me already’ she winked, John laughed ‘well, maybe, but I’m the fifth person in my family to have my name’ ‘do you want a sixth?’ ‘I don’t know, I think even I didn’t want to, I’d be made to’ ‘haha, yes, my sister is the fourth Victoria, in my family’ ‘wow’ laughing together. 

John grinned walking with her, ‘thank you for this evening’ ‘no need at all’ she smiled standing outside her apartment, kissing her, holding her cheek, she smiled, ‘that was an A+ kiss’ ‘thank you’ laughing together, ‘kinda always wanted to kiss a girl like that’ ‘I am all in for that, how do you want to be kissed?’ ‘right now, just by you’ ‘for a man who doesn’t really do romantic, you can be kinda smooth’ laughing together, ‘do you mind’ ‘no, no not at all, this is hard enough, not to add all that icky stuff on top’ John laughing with her, Lucy smiled kissing him back, ‘thank you’ ‘no need at all’.  ‘How did it go?’ Jess called her in the morning, ‘really good, it was amazing, and he kissed me and it was like explosions, pow, pow, pow’ ‘that’s how I felt when I met Matt’ ‘that’s a very good sign, cos you are sickeningly cute’ ‘thanks Lucy’ laughing together. 

Lucy called him, ‘hello?’ ‘Hey, I just sort of won tickets to a show and I remembered you loved them and wanted if you wanted to come? It’s in California, it’s a small show but’ ‘what is it?’ ‘Tom Petty’ ‘no fucking way’ ‘it’s an exclusive show’ ‘I am fucking there’ laughing together, ‘awesome, I can’t wait’ arranging dates and times, ‘do you wanna make a weekend of it, I know you love to drive’ he beamed, ‘yeah alright then’. Jared smirked, ‘good news’ ‘I am dating this girl and she just won a pair of tickets to see Tom Petty’ ‘wow’ ‘yeah’ laughing together, ‘so I’m going with her this weekend’ ‘that’s amazing, have a great time’ ‘thank you she is awesome, I’m really looking forward to it’ ‘I bet, great band too’ ‘yeah, she’s a fan cos of her dad’ laughing a little, and making plans in his head of the weekend they had together. 
-x-

‘Do you have to be in work Monday?’ ‘I have no appointments, I can be ill, no one knows my plans for those reasons’ he grinned ‘good’ laughing together, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ heading out of Phoenix singing together to some of his records, John grinned putting on Seneca Falls, he grinned as she sung every word, ‘Brody Dalle is my queen I think’ ‘how did you get into it?’ ‘Skateboarding video games, this song was on Tony Hawks, became kind of obsessed, she was the first female rockstar I ever heard’ he grinned, ‘and now pretty much all of my music is women’ he grinned ‘who are your favourites’ ‘I might have to go by decades’ ‘okay’ ‘well, Patti Smith and Janis Joplin, easy’ he beamed, ‘of course, Joan Baez, It Ain’t Me Babe, is just feminist music goals, though Bob Dylan wrote it’ he grinned as she went through it ‘sorry’ ‘don’t be’.

Lucy danced with him, John grinned spinning her, ‘do you have a song that reminds you of us’ ‘I have no idea, but I think Grade 8 by Ed Sheeran’ he grinned ‘I will look it up’ she smiled talking and dancing with him. John smiled falling on their hotel bed with her, she smiled as John hit play, the song playing quietly, ‘thank you for inviting me’ ‘no need’ ‘I do love you’ ‘I love you too’ you should definitely do some singing’ ‘make me?’ John grinned as she straddled him, John smirked, ‘well, that’s pressure’ giggling, kissing passionately, Lucy smiled, ‘do you want to?’ ‘I kinda wanted to be at home with you’ ‘okay then’ kissing him, she smiled, ‘can I hold you?’ ‘Sure’ ‘you just stopped’ ‘if I didn’t, well I like not being in prison’ John laughing ‘wow, well, thank you’ ‘no need, I hope it would be mutual’ ‘fuck, yes, course’ ‘thank you’ holding him. 

John smiled driving with her, ‘thank you for doing the driving John’ ‘no need, it was worth it’ he grinned, ‘do you wanna stay tonight at mine, I have a little place, but yeah’ she smiled, ‘I’d love to’ he grinned. Making love, not even getting under the sheets, John kissing her on every move, her fingers scratching his back as she arched from the bed, ‘fuck’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ clashing lips sitting on his lap, John grinned ‘the same time, that was so hot’ she giggled, ‘agreed’ kissing his neck, ‘your back, I’m sorry’ ‘that was what pushed me over the edge’ ‘you kinky son of a gun’ giggling together, ‘I love someone, I love you, it’s so weird’ she smiled caressing his cheek, ‘you are so handsome, but you have such a great mind, and those eyes, wow’ he blushed grinning, ‘I feel the same about you’ kissing deeply.
-x-
6 months later:-

Lucy looked at the baby, ‘can you have her?’ ‘Yes, yes, I can’ glad she was no longer crying, ‘are you sure?’ ‘I’m sure’ hearing the news of the car crash meant that Lily needed a home, there was no one close to them. John looked at her on Skype, ‘you look worried, no you look fucked up’ ‘Jess and Matt were in a car crash and they in their will asked me to take Lily if they passed away, so yeah’ she murmured, John smiled ‘then we shall raise her together’ ‘you’d do that’ ‘I am not leaving the love of my life over a very adorable child’ she smiled, ‘I am in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, your place, are you moving then?’ Lucy sighed, ‘they leave the kid everything of course including the house, I am tempted to move into their old home’ she murmured, ‘then of course when she’s an adult we can explain everything’ John nodded ‘that seems like a good plan’ ‘I agree’ talking everything out. 

‘So what’s the plan?’ ‘I have spoken to their lawyer, the house is Lily’s, we can live in it, then she doesn’t have to move house as well, I don’t want her moved around, also this was the house they chose for her to live her life in, we picked this house together, I made their list of things they wanted, sorry’ wiping her eyes, ‘it’s okay’ ‘they were like family to me’ she murmured, ‘I think that’s sensible’ ‘thank you’ putting everything in place. Lucy got to the house with Lily with everything the little girl needed putting everything in place again, ‘right, I need to move in then’ she sighed thinking this must be a nightmare, ‘this is a nightmare’. Lucy saw her things in place, putting things in the loft and shed that she didn’t need in the house and then getting started on cancelling bills and putting things in her name, cancelling her own apartment. 

John came in, ‘Lucy’ ‘hey’ ‘hey, how’s it going’ ‘tough, but okay’ ‘can you handle it with work?’ ‘I’ve taken two weeks holiday, and thankfully, she’s three so old enough for the creche at the university’ John nodded, ‘I’m glad’ talking together ‘so Lily’ ‘uncle JoJo’ he grinned ‘hey’ holding her, ‘so what’s going on, what can I do?’ Lucy smiled ‘don’t smoke weed in the house?’ John laughed, ‘that’s a must’ giggling, ‘though me and Matt’ ‘I know, I had to hide his bong’ John laughing with her, ‘ermm, I kinda hope you’ll move in here with me, it feels weird being here enough alone’ ‘anything you want’ ‘thank you’ ‘anything else’ ‘we’ll figure it out as we go along’ ‘okay then’ ‘are you alright?’ ‘I need sleep, but other than that, I’m alright’ she murmured, ‘thank you’ ‘I’ve not done anything’ ‘you just existing right now makes me happy’ he grinned ‘mutual’. 

John moved in after being checked, ‘you’re fine, I know you’re away a lot though’ ‘not as busy as some, so I always be able to help’ ‘good, that’s good’ talking together ‘I know this is big, thank you’ ‘no need, you’re stuck with me’ laughing together, ‘I know sometimes, I’m probably too sensible for you, I don’t smoke, I don’t do drugs, I work the 9-5-’ John looked at her, ‘but that’s how I am in love with you, cos we’re not meant to work but we do, you’re the most rational person I’ve ever known, Lucy, also the only person I’ve ever been in love with, you’re my feet on the ground’ she sighed rubbing her head, ‘I just, I feel like I’ve had too much space, I need life to be normal again’ John held her hand, ‘she’s asleep, come on, let’s put her in bed, it’s late, I’ll show you something we normally do when I get home’ taking her to bed, making love.

Lucy got back to work, ‘I heard what happened are you alright?’ ‘In the span of two weeks, I adopted my best friend’s daughter who died in a car crash, moved into the family home I helped them choose, moved apartments and things, my partner moved in with me, a man who in everyway works in the opposite way to me practically, no, no, I am not alright, however I am very high functioning’ ‘how did you do all that in two weeks’ ‘I’m Lily’s godparent, they said they wanted me to adopt her if anything happened and they don’t have any family, Jess’ parents are religious and when, stuff happened and they didn’t like her decisions and Matt’s parents passed away last year’ she murmured, ‘you did an amazing thing’ ‘thank you, I’ll be fine’ ‘she’s lucky to have you’ ‘any tips on sleep’ ‘haha, no, good luck, how old is she?’ ‘Three’ ‘soon’ ‘oh, thanks’ laughing.

Leaving the funeral, Lucy walked with Lily, holding her hand, ‘so I live with you now’ ‘yeah, you do, we’re going to treat you like mummy and daddy did’ ‘good’ Lucy smiled as she hugged her, ‘I love you kid, you’ll be safe, okay’ kissing her head, John smiled. Getting home, Lucy let her knap John smiled, ‘we did adopt her together, I’m glad’ ‘me too, I’m sorry for how I was’ ‘I know how tough you are, so if you’re feeling insecure, Lucy’ ‘your first single on this album was about you and some wild woman who smokes and I just feel boring’ ‘Lucy, you are so not boring, not to mention you’re jealous of someone who doesn’t exist, writing was fucking hard, I took inspiration from ideas, not people’ ‘you are lying to make me feel better, thank you’ John laughing, ‘I really fucking am not, I am never making an album like that ever a fucking again, I love you’ ‘I love you too, John, we’re good’ ‘good, cos life without you is wrong’ ‘thank you’. 
-x-
3 years later:-

Lucy smiled helping her with her uniform, Lily smiled, ‘thank you aunty Lucy’ ‘no need kiddo, you look amazing, going to take a picture for your scrapbook’ she smiled getting a nice one on her phone, ‘come on to the car’ she smiled helping her in, John grinned ‘can I come to?’ ‘Sure’. John smiled ‘you may not like everything, but you will like some things, hold on to those things and remember learning is a good thing even if school isn’t’ ‘thank you uncle Jojo no need’ seeing her go, ‘oh, I feel kind of emotional’ ‘me too, I can’t believe, she’s grown up so fast’ John nodded, ‘I agree’ walking out together and getting the PTA letter, ‘those women were talking about you’ ‘I know, why I took your hand, still think I’m hot’ ‘so hot, so cute, fucking smarter than me sometimes’ ‘shut up, you’re a fucking doctor’ ‘in music, you could be’. 

John picked up the letters getting home, seeing a letter from the university, ‘for me?’ John murmured, opening the letter, ‘wow’. Lucy giggled picking up, ‘Lucy, the university, did you do this?’  Hiding a smirk, ‘the whole band, we’re getting honorary doctorates in Music, you did this’ ‘noo, that’s the Dean’s office’ ‘Lucy, you know the Dean’ ‘I didn’t think I’d be rumbled so fast’ ‘we’ll both be doctors’ ‘we will’ ‘we will both be married by the end of next year, return the favour’ ‘I like that a lot’ ‘good’. John grinned picking up Lily, ‘how was your first day’ ‘amazing’ talking together, ‘me and aunty Lucy are getting married, I bet you’ll be the head of the bridesmaids’ ‘well done!’ ‘Thank you, do you have homework’ ‘I do’ ‘right do that and I’ll cook you some food’ ‘okay’. Lucy smiled getting in, seeing John cooking, Lily hugging her, ‘you’re getting married’ ‘I am, you’ll be my bridesmaid?’ ‘Yes!’ Giggling. 
they lived happily.