Made Up Stories.

Happy.

Jack smiled, ‘sorry, would you mind, the peanut butter’ ‘course not’ passing her a jar she wanted, ‘here’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ he smiled, ‘you need a tall person in your life?’ ‘Are you single?’ ‘Yeah?’ ‘Be the tall person, darlin’’ Jack laughing as she picked up her basket, ‘I’m Jack’ ‘Lucy’ he grinned, ‘so, what do you do?’ ‘I’m a shop assistant, you?’ ‘Band’ ‘okay, that sounds pretty cool, I know I couldn’t do it, in front of strangers’ ‘you get used to it’ walking with her, ‘what kind of band, are you in the Ram or the Opera House’ ‘you think I could be in the Opera House’ ‘books and judges’ Jack smiled, ‘you make a good point’ he smiled, ‘I’m a guitarist’ ‘I have no hand eye coordination, you are a genius’ Jack laughing, ‘I can teach you if you want’ ‘love you to’ he beamed talking and walking around the supermarket together, ‘what music do you listen to?’ ‘Ermm’ looking at herself, Jack laughing, ‘nice dress, bats’ ‘yeah’ laughing.

Lucy called him during her lunch break a couple of days later, ‘hello?’ ‘Hey, we met in the supermarket, Lucy?’ Jack grinned, ‘of course’ ‘do you have time to arrange something?’ ‘Of course, when do you want to arrange a date?’ Lucy smiled, ‘oh, for me Wednesday would be great, maybe bowling at Duckpin?’ ‘Sure, do you wanna meet at The Rockwell?’ ‘Yeah, if you want?’ ‘Do you like that place?’ ‘I don’t know, but a friend told me the cocktails there are on point’ Jack grinned, ‘cool’ laughing. Alex smiled, ‘what’s that?’ ‘I have a date’ ‘you do?’ ‘She asked me and I couldn’t refuse?’ Alex laughing, ‘is she hot?’ ‘She is, a blonde, short’ Alex laughing, ‘she’s nice too’ ‘what does she do?’ ‘She works in a store’ ‘cool, surprised but cool’ ‘why?’ ‘Cos I thought you liked’ ‘I can’t she has a boyfriend’ ‘okay then’ ‘I also think one show on E! is enough for a lifetime’ ‘you are wiser than I thought’ ‘thank you’. 

‘You good’ ‘yeah, went and did Karaoke last night with friends and I’ve had Forget You by CeeLo Green in my head since’ Jack laughing, singing with her, laughing, ‘sorry’ talking and getting drinks, ‘I booked a lane so’ ‘of course, good idea’ heading out, ‘are you cold?’ ‘I’m fine’ Jack giving his jacket to her, ‘here’ ‘aww, thank you’ kissing his cheek, he grinned. Jack smiled celebrating a strike, Lucy smirked tickling his abs, Jack hunching laughing, ‘sorry, I don’t know why I did that’ Jack laughing with her, ‘I am so ticklish you have no idea’ talking, two games taking far too long to play, Jack grinned holding her hand, ‘can I see you again?’ ‘I’d like that’ he beamed kissing her cheek, Lucy smiled walking with him, ‘so, let me know, I know you schedule is a little different from mine, Jack, so just called after 5pm or around 1pm’ he smiled, ‘I promise, thank you’ ‘I don’t wanna interrupt anything’ talking.
-x-

Jack smiled sitting in the park, Olivia sitting in Lucy’s lap, ‘you have a very girly dog, for a very manly person’ Jack laughing, ‘I don’t even have chest hair’ ‘me neither’ Jack laughing with her, ‘I find that really yukky anyway, eww’ Jack laughing, ‘good to know’ giggling, playing with Olivia and walking in the park, ‘do you wanna get a coffee or something?’ ‘Sure’ Jack grinned. ‘Jack!’ Lucy sitting down with drinks, ‘oh, right’ ‘don’t worry about it, they pay for you to do your thing, take your time, it’s gonna be too hot anyway’ Jack smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ Jack taking pictures and signing stuff, ‘must be a big deal’ ‘we are’ Lucy nodded, ‘I don’t recognise you like that so I don’t really care’ Jack laughing, ‘thanks’ ‘no problem, you can tell me in your own time, I’m not dating your job, you’re certainly not’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ talking over drinks, ‘perfect temperature’ ‘told you so’ laughing.

Lucy stood on her step, ‘thanks for this morning’ ‘no need, I like being with you’ he grinned, ‘you have good taste in movies’ ‘haha, thank you, but growing up is lame dude’ laughing, ‘agreed’ ‘so you work when?’ ‘Monday to Saturday’ ‘is there a certain kind of music you like?’ ‘Oh, I like metal, but I do like a sad dude with a guitar’ Jack laughing, ‘I’m seeing Frank Turner, do you want to come?’ ‘Sure, where?’ ‘Ottobar?’ ‘That’s cool, a friend can’t make it, so you might as well enjoy it instead’ ‘this weekend’ ‘yeah’ ‘that’s fine’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I look forward to it’ ‘mutual’. ‘Are you busy, Jack this weekend?’ ‘Date night, sorry Alex’ he grinned, ‘are you still dating the redhead’ ‘that’s who I left on her step this morning, such a good kisser’ he grinned, ‘she’s really nice, I like her a lot’ he grinned, ‘we’re hanging out more now’ Alex smiled, ‘okay then, you’re busy, was gonna cook’ ‘going out’ ‘fine’. 

Meeting together and heading inside, propping up the bar, Jack smiled, ‘this guy’s good’ ‘he is, his new record is awesome’ he grinned, ‘I’ll make you a mixtape’ ‘I’ll make you a mixtape too of pop punk’ ‘what I don’t like about pop punk is how people consider it a genre and not a definition, I avoid it but please do’ Jack smiled, ‘I like that’ ‘everyone seems to think it’s one thing, when it’s so many things, so annoying’ ‘agreed’ he grinned. Lucy singing along, ‘sorry, I feel bad cos you know nothing’ ‘it’s fine’ the show wrapping up, ‘I’ll make you a playlist and throw in some people I like from England’ laughing together, ‘my best friend is English’ ‘oh, sorry’ laughing together, ‘thank you for coming I know you must sick of venues and not seeing anything’ he smiled, ‘it’s fine’ holding her hand, kissing in the street, he grinned ’such a good kisser’ ‘mutual’ giggling, hailing her a cab, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.
-x-

‘Doesn’t it annoy you, the fans?’ ‘No, not at all, when he’s making music he’s happy, and I want him to be happy, you need to look after people on the way up as you must come down at some point’ Alex coming back with him, Jack taking Lucy’s hand, ‘sorry’ ‘don’t be, nice?’ ‘Really nice, they wanted to leave us alone eventually’ laughing, ‘you seem so in your element, it’s like you’re living the dream’ ‘pretty much’ he grinned, ‘I’m in All Time Low’ ‘oh, cool’ he smiled, ‘you don’t mind?’ ‘I have more of a problem with little miss lemon over there than the band, you make a lot of people happy, judging people on taste is my last want’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘it’s not my thing, but it is other people’s and people love you, I love you’ he grinned, ‘I love you too, little miss lemon’ Lucy explaining, ‘she said that’ ‘no way was I going to agree’ laughing together. Alex smiled, ‘she seems nice’ ‘thank you’ Jack grinned, ‘heading home. 

Lucy giggled laying next to him, he grinned kissing her softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too,I don’t think I’ve you know, climaxed that many times’ Jack laughing, ‘good to know’ giggling, kissing her softly, using his hands, running his hands over her, running up her thigh, capturing her moans, ‘you sound so sexy’ making love again. Jack grinned seeing her walk around in one of his shirts, he beamed, ‘you are beautiful’ ‘I’m a mess, thanks to you’ he beamed, ‘I made some food’ he beamed, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he grinned looking at her, ‘you are beautiful though’ ‘you heard of Death Cab For Cutie’ ‘course’ ‘there’s a song on their record, just, I don’t know, it puts you off being called beautiful by people’ Jack laughing looking it up, ‘oh Tiny Vessels, sorry I made you uncomfortable, I’m sure you hate the sound of settling’ ‘yeah’ laughing together and talking on his bed, ‘can I take a picture’ ‘sure’ he grinned.

Jack smiled, ‘must you go?’ ‘I have work tomorrow and you really like sleep’ he grinned, ‘of course’ he smiled, ‘and I live with my family, I’d totally let you stay with me but that would be weird’ Jack laughing, ‘I know, one day we’ll have out own place, right?’ ‘Course’ he grinned, ‘we’ll figure it out, we’re not exactly experts’ ‘no, no we’re not’ he beamed, ‘I also own the place where we had our first date, you don’t have to worry’ ‘you own The Rockwell?’ ‘Half own’ ‘wow’ Jack laughing, ‘what shall we do?’ ‘You pay the rent and I’ll pay all the bills Jack’ ‘good idea’ ‘is that okay?’ ‘That’s fine’ ‘less complicated the better, also that allows you to be able organise cool stuff like holidays and things’ ‘I get to choose’ ‘I can cover bills, not sure what I can’ ‘fair enough’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he smiled, holding her, ‘I better go’ ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, Jack, pumpkin’ he grinned seeing her go.
-x-
6 months later:- 

Lucy smiled making calls and paying bills as Jack came in, ‘thanks’ finishing up, he smiled, ‘how are you?’ ‘I’m good, just paying the bills, so glad you’re home, in our home’ he beamed kissing her, ‘sorry’ hugging him tight, Jack beamed holding her close, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, wanna stay in and do something, or head out?’ ‘You have work’ ‘I can do some things you like sober’ ‘I want you’ he beamed picking her up, she giggled delightedly, heading for bed, Jack undressing her, making love, Lucy smiled, ‘I love you, how long are you home for pumpkin’ ‘until January’ kissing her softly, ‘fine by me, we have Christmas’ he beamed, ‘you love Christmas, I know’ ‘I really do’ he grinned kissing her softly, snuggling into her, ‘so good to have you next to me again’ ‘I hope you know it’s mutual’ ‘I do’ kissing again, seducing her, ‘you’re so easy for me’ giggling, ‘well, that’s how it should be’ ‘true’ giggling together and staying in bed for the evening, ‘I’ll order pizza’ ‘good idea’. 

Jack grinned as she dressed, ‘I’m taking your coffee cup, sorry’ ‘don’t be, I love you, and I don’t blame you’ he grinned kissing her, ‘well done on your promotion, sweetheart’ kissing her hand, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘I must go, I love you, there’s burritos, oven 20 at 200, okay?’ ‘I know’ he beamed seeing her go, wanting to do something special for her. Jack smiled looking around, texting Lucy, ‘what are your favourite flowers?’ ‘Tulips and Peonies, Jack’ ‘nice choices’ ‘thank you, what are you up to?’ ‘Nothing’ Lucy smirked, letting him get on with it as he got a bouquet made for him with those in, ‘thank you’ Jack taking the bouquet with him and putting it in the car wandering around Baltimore and finding things she might like, ‘Done some shopping for my girlfriend, well, she doesn’t know I’ve done this shopping’ Jack sharing it, knowing Lucy had no wifi at work and therefore wouldn’t know.

Getting home, Lucy smiled, ‘these are beautiful’ seeing the vase, Jack grinned, ‘thank you so much’ ‘that’s nothing’ tugging on her hand, he grinned taking the sheet off, ‘oh, Jack you shouldn’t have, with Christmas so close’ ‘I have plans for Christmas’ he beamed, Lucy grinned, ‘so, underwear’ ‘hmm, well, I know your size well, I take your bras off a lot’ ‘granted’ giggling, ‘oh, you like red lace?’ ‘I just think you look pretty in it’ she smiled as he blushed, Lucy kissing him, ‘that’s for tonight then’ he grinned, ‘Pandora?’ ‘It’s a princess ring, cos you’re mine’ sliding it on her finger, Lucy smiled, ‘you are adorable’ he beamed, ‘I love you, thank you for the gifts’ ‘there’s chocolates and ermm, I got us champagne’ ‘I’m doing steak tonight, would that work’ ‘oh, you’re doing my favourite’ ‘I thought you’d like it’ he grinned, ‘fine by me’ ‘someone is getting a blowjob later’ Jack laughing, ‘I’m definitely in love with you’. 

Alex smiled as Lucy painted Jack’s face, doing a Raven on his cheek, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing her softly, ‘good luck’ ‘thank you’ ‘can you do that for me?’ ‘Of course’ Lucy smiled as Alex replaced Jack, ‘how is married life?’ Lucy asked as she painted, ‘good thank you, why doesn’t she like you?’ ‘I think it goes back to when we first met’ explaining, Jack grinned, Alex smiled, ‘you are the nicest person I know’ ‘I try, I’m at peak kindness right now’ laughing, ‘come on, you’re done’ showing him in the mirror, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ ‘why don’t you come watch?’ ‘I would, but my friends are coming over, we always said our own space was so important’ ‘Lisa’s in the car’ ‘you know, Lucy, you’re right’ giggling, Alex smirked, ‘sorry, you better go, be halftime before you arrive’ seeing them out and seeing her friends in. Bringing in cake and some tea for people, ‘does she still not like you?’ ‘Even her husband knows’ ‘how?’ laughing.

Christmas appeared so quickly, Jack grinned, ‘this tree looks amazing’ ‘go team’ high fiving, ‘thank you for your help?’ ‘I had a great director’ flopping on the sofa, ‘is it our Christmas or are we having people?’ ‘Would you mind if I invited May?’ ‘No, she’s lovely, go for it’ he grinned, ‘how about you?’ ‘My parents have booked themselves a week in Nassau can you believe, doing Christmas and New year there, they did ask if we wanted to join them but’ ‘no, let’s do it’ he smiled, ‘but my parents’ ‘sunset might be lovely’ ‘okay’ he grinned ‘I assure you be worth it’ ‘alright then, I’ll let them know’ Jack grinned kissing her, ‘okay’ ‘what?’ ‘Nothing, just my parents’ ‘don’t be so silly, your parents are nice’ ‘granted, okay, it’s just unusual for you’ ‘I know, but I think it’s important’ ‘okay we’ll do that then’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘I’ll book us everything’ ‘I leave it in your hands’ he beamed. 

Jack sat on the beach with her, ‘Lucy?’ ‘hmm?’ he grinned, ‘when I gave you the princess ring, I realised I kinda want you to be my queen, will you marry me?’ Lucy grinned, ‘wow, yes, Jack’ he grinned, holding her close, ‘no wondered you wanted the beach’ ‘well, it was there’ giggling, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, I didn’t think I’d ever meet you, like it took years, and you were just, you blew my mind, thank you for all you do for me and being chill, being happy, always supporting me, and calling me out when I need to be’ ‘no problem, happy to do that for life’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad’ kissing softly, ‘I want my fiancee’ he grinned, ‘fine by me’ kissing deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ heading into the hotel making love. Jack smiled as she walked around just in her ring, ‘you mean everything to me’ Lucy smiled, ‘so do you’ he grinned kissing her, ‘we’re how love should be in my opinion’ Lucy murmured, ‘you are kind and generous, supportive, and you’re not arrogant, I love everything about you’ he grinned, ‘mutual’.
-x-
3 years later:-

Lucy smiled knocking on the bus door, ‘Lucy!’ Jack grinned kissing her softly, ‘you’re here’ she giggled, ‘I am indeed here’ giggling, ‘so good to see you’ ‘good to see you too’ Lucy sighed, ‘I’m jut a little sad, that’s all’ ‘why?’ ‘I was pregnant, about eight weeks, I miscarried, I needed to see you’ ‘baby’ pulling her close, ‘how far were you?’ ‘Nine weeks and I woke up’ seeing her begin to cry’  Jack rocking her, ‘it’s okay, we can do this and we didn’t even try’ ‘sorry, I just it’s important to you’ ‘Lucy, your happiness is important to me’ ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t apologise’ ‘it was just, I didn’t know and then I did and then that happened’ ‘it’s okay’ kissing her softly, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he smiled, ‘come here’ holding her close, singing their song to her, she giggled, ‘that’s my wifey’ giggling, ‘thank you for being such a wonderful husband’ he grinned ‘that’s my job’ giggling, ‘thank you for being my wife, we’ll do it, Lucy’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ hugging her. 

‘You okay?’ ‘Yeah, it’s fine, I feel so much better about things when he’s there’s Alex smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘Yeah, I just, stuff happened’ ‘did someone die?’ ‘I suppose you could say that, I miscarried’ ‘oh, I’m so sorry’ Alex hugging her, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ Lucy smiled, ‘are you and Jack trying?’ ‘We tried but Jack was swamped with work and so was I and so we stopped and then this happened’ ‘I’m sorry’ ‘it’s not your fault’ but she wondered sometimes if it was considering his marriage but letting it go. Jack smiled walking with her home, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ letting her snuggle, ‘we’ll be parents Lucy’ ‘I know we will, and first time it happens, I was told’ ‘good’ Jack smiled, ‘I don’t think Alex has helped’ ‘he made me tell him’ Lucy murmured, ‘and I didn’t like him for it’ Jack kissed her head, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ Lucy smiled kissing him, makng love, ‘you never know’ laughing together. 

She almost ignored it, checking after a few months, getting the test after three months, Jack looking in, ‘you’re doing a test’ ‘I think I am about four months’ Jack looked at her, ‘I just ignored it and tried to be healthy’ Jack nodded, ‘I don’t know if I could do it again’ Jack taking the test, ‘Lucy, you’re fucking twenty weeks!’ Lucy looking, ‘oh’ ‘you’re tiny though’ ‘I will see a doctor’ ‘I understand your fear’ ‘thank you’ he smiled, ‘what’s your plan?’ Jack asked, ‘I’ll take maternity and stuff, I have an office, take them with me’ Jack grinned, ‘fine’. Jack grinned sitting in the hospital with her, ‘you shouldn’t have left it this late’ ‘it’s going to be fine’ he grinned taking her hand, ‘I know’ he beamed, ‘gonna be a dad in four months’ ‘fuck, I have been stupid’ ‘yeah, Lucy’ laughing together in the corridor, being in called for the scan.
they lived happily.