Made Up Stories.

Changes

Lucy smiled, ‘I think you should go’ ‘you’re the only one saying that’ ‘that’s cos people scared of change and you know it, and it’s a huge salary, you can travel back and forth’ ‘would you come with me?’ Lucy looked at him, ‘you want me to go across the world with you to watch Ice hockey?’ ‘Yeah?’ ‘Why not?’ ‘You’re agreeing?’ ‘It is your turn to be happy, Ryan, we should do it’ ‘well, it’s not like you’ve had the chance, you have a degree but you got sad and quite frankly I feel like I’m beginning to learn how it feels’ ‘this is what you love, Nottingham is where dreams go to die, America when it comes to this is how it comes alive’ ‘I think Baltimore is where they put you to live’ ‘it’s a nice city, has it’s problems’ ‘agreed, maybe we can help, I mean, I know we’re white but we can try’ ‘we can be allys, and that’s a city who needs them’ ‘agreed’ talking together, ‘let’s do this together, you can work for me, I guess’ ‘fine by me’ ‘seeing as you want me to be a success’ ‘let’s show just what we’re worth’.

‘Are you married?’ ‘No, no’ Lucy laughed, ‘he’s my brother, we moved here together, he’s beginning to play Hockey in Washington’ Alex grinned, ‘oh, well, you’re from England’ ‘indeed’ ‘me too’ ‘I know, you’re Alex, I’m Lucy’ Alex laughing, ‘you’re a fan’ ‘I’ve seen you play Rock City a fair few times, my brothers listens to you to get his head in the game’ ‘who is he playing for?’ ‘The Capitals’ ‘that’s awesome’ ‘thank you’ Ryan smiled, ‘I’m Ryan’ ‘Alex’ ‘I know’ laughing. Alex smiled, ‘well, welcome to Baltimore’ ‘thank you’ ‘it’s a shame we don’t have a team but seeing as you’re my neighbour, you’ve earned my loyalty’ ‘thank you’ ‘they need you’ ‘I know’ laughing, ‘we’ll invite you over for food in the future, I hope’ ‘absolutely’ Alex grinned, ‘I look forward to it’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad’ laughing a little, ‘would it be too much to ask’ ‘you need help knowing where you’re going?’ ‘Please, we have no food’ ‘I need peanut butter’.

‘Geez, there’s so much choice’ Alex laughing, ‘there is’ he grinned, Lucy getting some peanut butter as well, ‘why Baltimore?’ ‘It was easier to find a home here tha Washington really’ ‘not weird living your brother’ ‘less weird than I anticipated’ laughing together, ‘eventually, I’m going to move out, it’s just for the green card and everything you need a fixed address’ ‘of course, sorry’ ‘no need’ Alex nodded, ‘and you work for your brother?’ ‘I do indeed’ talking together and getting food, ‘what are those’ ‘marshmallows’ Lucy laughing, ‘wow’ ‘are you just now buying odd things’ ‘this is is going on my instagram’ Alex laughing, ‘I just got it, so everyone back home knows we’re doing good’ Alex grinned, ‘I love that’ talking together and doing the shopping. Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘you’re English’ ‘I am, just moved here, customer service is so much better, thank you’ ‘no problem, ma’am’.

-x-

Lucy smiled letting Alex in, ‘it smells good’ ‘thank you’ he grinned catching up with her and chatting for a bit, ‘Ryan’s through there, just join him, I’ve got to get through here’ ‘of course’ Lucy smiled seeing him in and heading for the kitchen serving up food for everyone. ‘How’s the training going?’ ‘I think they think I’m weird cos I’m English, but they also figured I’m pretty good, so thankfully it’s going well, it’s hard not being captain though, you know? I’m strategist and it’s frustrating’ ‘you could offer advice, no?’ ‘It’s hard to do that because you’re new and not an expert’ ‘of course’ talking together, ‘be fine, maybe if I can prove I’m good’ ‘definitely’ Alex grinned talking over food, Lucy smiled, ‘can I get you another glass’ ‘please’ laughing a little. ‘So what’s your favourite thing so far about the US?’ ‘Trader Joe’s, what a store, the spreads’ ‘Lucy, make a food blog’ ‘don’t tempt me’ Alex laughing, ‘do it’ laughing.

Alex smiled ‘thank you for inviting me over’ ‘no problem’ ‘your cooking is amazing, I’ll have to return the favour, maybe just yourself’ Lucy smiled, ‘just me?’ Looking confused, ‘like a date?’ ‘Oh, ooh’ Alex laughing, ‘sorry, didn’t see that coming, sure that would be cool, though I will just add, me and my brother are going to be setting up stuff in Baltimore, this is our new home, we want to give back a little, so we would like to set up a charity store and use the profit to build a studio, I’m sure you’re cool with it, but the point is you’re a musician, I don’t wanna seem like I’m using you, particularly as it’s for young people’ Alex grnned, ‘that’s fucking awesome!’ ‘Thank you’ he smiled, ‘I just better go, we’re looking for a store today’ Rian coming out, ‘of course, good luck, it sounds like an awesome plan’ ‘just call me, we’ll arrange it’ he grinned, ‘absolutely’. ‘Did he ask you out?’ ‘Yes he did’ Ryan laughing ‘you can’t believe it’ ‘nope’ giggling.

‘I think this is good’ Ryan smiled, ‘me too’ Lucy nodded, ‘if we can get this started’ ‘a good record store is always welcome especially as vinyl is becoming a thing again’ ‘agreed’ talking together and building a plan, ‘so all the profit will go into building a studio’ ‘hopefully, but we better get this thing moving fast, I’m going to talk to Jack, I’ve met him a couple of times through Alex and he has plenty of space in his bar, maybe donations could be dropped there, and then brought here while we prepare’ ‘good idea’. Lucy got drinks with him in The Rockwell, ‘You’re Ryan Meadows’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘you were awesome Saturday’ ‘thank you, glad you enjoyed the game’ ‘I hope you like America’ ‘love it so far’ ‘is this your wife or girlfriend’ ‘no, this is my sister, she organises my life’ ‘nice to meet you’ ‘good to have family’ ‘agreed’ laughing, ‘why does everyone think we’re married’ ‘I don’t know, but it’s weird’ laughing.

-x-

Alex smiled, ‘this looks amazing’ ‘thank you, things move so fast’ Alex laughing, ‘yeah they do’ ‘it’s like Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, around here, sorry, Alex’ he grinned, ‘no need’ ‘thank you’ Lucy smiled, ‘are you good?’ ‘I’m good, you like me right, just you treat me like a friend’ Lucy looking confused, ‘I don’t kiss my friends like I kiss you and if that means treating you like you know a person, well, I’m sorry, having respect for people, I take it all back, fuck off’ Alex smirked, ‘is that what you want?’ ‘I guess it’s what I’m used to’ ‘that certainly doesn’t make it right, Alex, I can guess how bad it’s been from your records, Alex but I never anticipated this’ Lucy murmured finishing the shelf stocking, Alex sighed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, but I don’t want a sigh before you say it either, I am not a chore, Alex’ he grinned, ‘if you don’t want to be with me’ ‘I do, I just, I’m not used to it, and I’m sorry’ ‘I worry about you dude’ ‘I worry too’.

Lucy smiled knocking on his door, ‘hey’ ‘hey, I’m sorry, it’s been a stressful day, I’m sorry I was so off with you’ ‘no you made good points’ ‘it’s just with the store and things, should be alright now’ ‘I know’ ‘thank you, I love you Alex, just you are used to some weird shit’ he grinned, ‘I know’ giggling a little, ‘please stay’ ‘of course’ he grinned pulling Lucy close, kissing passionately, heading for the bedroom. Alex smiled as she snuggled into him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he smiled kissing her softly, getting into it once again, making love all night. Alex smirked as she ran around getting dressed, ‘I need to be in the store’ Lucy smiled kissing him softly, ‘I love you’ running out of the house and putting shoes on down the path, Alex laughing as she got in her car and headed into Baltimore back to work. Ryan smirked sitting on her desk, ‘you got laid’ ‘really laid’ laughing, ‘are you protected, I know stuff’ ‘yes, Ryan stop’ laughing.

‘Are you staying more?’ ‘Only if you buy an alarm clock’ Alex smirked, ‘I’m sorry’ he grinned, ‘no need’ ‘were you open on time’ ‘just about’ he grinned, ‘good’ Lucy laughing, ‘what?’ ‘your face, you look so proud’ ‘you look tired, I am’ Lucy shaking her head with a grin, making a coffee, ‘me and Jack could come do a little acoustic in here for you?’ ‘If you don’t mind’ Alex grinned, ‘I’d like to, it’s a good cause’ ‘thank you’ he grinned holding her, ‘you are beautiful’ Lucy smirked as he talked dirty in her ear, ‘you are much hotter than I anticipated’ Alex laughing, ‘thanks’ laughing, ‘I do have to work’ ‘I know’ he grinned ‘I’ll make coffee for you’ ‘I need some tea really, this is getting bad for me’ ‘I’ll go to Trader Joes for you’ ‘you’re a babe’ ‘and I’ll look through some stock’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ kissing her cheek, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ seeing him go with a grin.
-x-
6 months later:-

Lucy smiled, ‘I quite like how you fell for the neighbour’ laughing together, ‘it’s pretty handy, I have to admit’ laughing a little, ‘so how far are we?’ ‘The studio opens next week, just a few admin things left and we’re good’ ‘nothing major’ ‘well, the sign I suppose, the aesthetic issues really’ laughing a little, ‘and that’s all good’ ‘all good’ ‘Rian has been a huge help, the other Rian’ ‘I know, he helped pick everything’ talking together as Lucy worked on their taxes, ‘thank you for doing all that for me’ ‘no problem’ he grinned, ‘you like this place so far’ ‘well, yes, I do, Alex is away a lot and to be honest I am glad, I consider it a benefit’ ‘you like that he spends months away’ ‘it keeps the house tidy’ laughing together, and wrapping it up, ‘here, I thank that is everything’ ‘thanks, how’s the paperwork for the shop going’ ‘well, there’s nothing to tax charitably, you can’t tax charitable donations and that’s in, however the money for the studio will be as it’s profit really until it’s used’ ‘geez’ laughing.

Alex grinned returning, ‘what’s this?’ ‘Taxes’ ‘oh, Joy, I’m glad I have an accountant’ ‘well, it’s another expense and I can read a book’ Alex laughing, ‘how are you?’ ‘I’m good, better for you being home’ kissing him softly, ‘I made lasagne it’s on the hot plate’ ‘you are such a babe’ Alex getting the dish, ‘and your garlic bread, beautiful’ laughing together, ‘are you almost done?’ ‘Just signing it off and enveloping, and then you can eat a mint and then you’re coming to bed with me’ sliding some tictacs over, Alex grinned ‘you are so hot’ ‘I try’ she beamed putting the papers in the envelop and writing, ‘you are such a turn on to watch’ ‘thank you’ licking the edge of the envelope swiftly, Alex opening those tictacs and taking her hand, heading for the bedroom, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he beamed falling into bed making love.

‘Sunday, you are home, right?’ Lucy smiled, ‘I am indeed, I think if God needs a rest day, so do I’ Alex laughing, ‘though on the fence I am about his existence, I relate’ Alex laughing with her, ‘I’m glad me and you have some time together as you build your helping hand empire’ sucking softly on her neck, Lucy smiled, ‘what do you plan to do next?’ ‘I am intending to creat a bookshop and I will use the profit to hire a teacher or English graduate to help kids read and learn, and adults, you know a space for people to learn how to read and learn, it’s something I’ve always believed to be a gift, much like your way with your mouth, oh, that’s good’ Alex grinned kissing her neck softly, using his hands, Lucy directing him, shaking as she climaxed, ‘fuck’ Alex grinned, ‘I love doing that to you’ Lucy catching her breath, ‘geez’ giggling together.

Lucy smiled as Alex grabbed her hips, ‘good morning’ ‘bed is weird without you’ ‘I’m sorry, I’m off to work though, you can come with me?’ Lucy making lunch for herself, ‘fine by me, you take lunch?’ He grinned, ‘I do enjoy making lunchboxes, I blog about different quick snacks you can make’ Alex smirked, ‘do you update often?’ ‘Unfortunately not but when I have time, I write a lot of things, one day when I get a manager, I will retire one day’ laughing a little, Alex smiled, ‘so what do you do?’ ‘I help Ryan with all his schedule, I work in the store and from there I figure the schedule’ laughing together, ‘I have hired a manager for the studio who also works with production, it’s going to have two, one is going to do it yourself and the other working with a producer, so it’s going to be closed really’ Alex nodded, ‘and The Nook is going to be a new thing’ ‘agreed’ talking together.

Alex grinned helping her stock cassettes, ‘are these popular’ ‘more popular than I anticipated I just remember messing the tape up’ ‘same’ laughing a little and talking stacking them on shelves, ‘I know I’m taking on more than I should to be honest’ Alex smiled, ‘I’m glad you see that’ ‘I’m going to get my brother to get a personal assistant of his own, he needs a friend here other than me and his team so I’d prefer a dude to do it, that and he’s moving to the Flyers next season’ Alex grinned, ‘really?’ ‘Hmm’ Lucy nodded, ‘he doesn’t feel comfortable, they’ve always seen him as an outsider, whereas he has friends in the Flyers team’ Alex smiled, ‘I know some Flyers fans who would do a great job’ Alex grinned, ‘Colussy for one, he was an assistant tour manager for us’ Alex explaining, ‘he wants a family he’d be home right’ ‘oh, yeah’ ‘I’ll call him’ ‘cool’ talking together, ‘I’ll handle all our charity work’ ‘okay’.

Lucy looked around, ‘this is perfect’ Ryan smiled, ‘I like it, this is The Nook’ ‘indeed it is’ Lucy smiled, ‘I understand why you’re stopping’ ‘I think this work is important to do and I also think that you need friends, I like hanging out with you, but mum is wondering why you’re hanging out with me’ Ryan laughing, ‘I get that it will be better in Philly’ ‘I agree, more travel to there but it will suit you better’ ‘agreed, I’ve just sorted out my green card with them and I sorted yours, I’m going to keep you as an employee because of all this’ ‘thank you I think that’s for the best’ laughing together and talking, ‘so what do you imagine?’ ‘Very people friendly, I want it to be homely’ ‘I’m seeing like English cottage’ ‘I like that’ Lucy smiled, ‘this room out back can be the learning room, I’ll get like a stable door’ ‘that’s cool’ talking and making plans.
-x-
3 years later:-

Alex grinned as Lucy walked to the stage, ‘I’m very honoured both me and my brother to be able to live in Baltimore and just before we arrived we knew this city wasn’t perfect, it had just gone through riots and we were a little tense about it, however, Baltimore certainly has come through for us and we like to think we came through for them’ committing to a speech, Alex grinned, ‘as you can see I’m creating a Timorean here, I hope he’s the first generation of this city to see real positive change in it, thank you’ Alex helping her down. ‘You are huge’ ‘thank you, but so are you, that’s how they got here’ Lucy murmured in his ear, Alex giggling as he helped her in the car, Lucy winced, ‘you alright?’ I’m fine, oh, no’ looking down, ‘I thought it was gas’ taking a breath, ‘hospital, right now’ heading for the hospital, Alex held her hand as she tried to stay calm.

Lucy smiled, ‘I love you’ holding her son, kissing his head softly, Alex coming in with a cup of tea for her, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ Alex beamed ‘so what’s his name?’ Alex asked, ‘I was thinking Thomas Ryan James if you don’t mind’ Alex grinned, ‘I would like that’ ‘I know how important he is to you’ Alex grinned, ‘he is’ ‘do you want to hold him?’ ‘Please’ Alex grinned, ‘this feels grown up’ ‘tosh, Peter Pan had a band of lost boys’ Lucy grinned, ‘I look forward to you teaching him things’ Alex beamed, ‘like?’ ‘Guitar, that’s going to be a cute explosion’ Alex laughing holding him, Lucy smiled taking a picture and posting it on Instagram, ‘this bundle arrived a little while ago’ sharing it with everyone back home, ‘you told everyone’ ‘indeed, my phone is going blow soon, let’s take the little guy home’ ‘agreed’ Alex grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.
they lived happily.