Made Up Stories.

Merry

Lucy puffed her cheeks looking around and heading for the aisle she needed, seeing it on the top shelf she sighed looking at her five feet of uselessness, ‘excuse me’ the young guy smiled, ‘yeah?’ ‘I’m sorry to ask you but I’m short’ ‘you are’ Lucy giggling, ‘sorry’ ‘no need, could you?’ ‘Of course’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ ‘have a lovely Christmas’ ‘you too, ermm, couldn’t give me your number, could you?’ John asked awkwardly, thinking how the hell did he do that? Lucy looking at him, ‘of course’ he grinned, ‘you said yes, wow’ the redhead laughing, ‘I’m Lucy, and this is my number’ ‘you’re a mechanic?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘that’s fucking cool, oh sorry’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘I’m in a band’ ‘that’s fucking cool too’ laughing together, ‘ermm, yeah, maybe in a few days meet for coffee?’ ‘Sounds good’ John grinned, ‘awesome, I look forward to it’ ‘I can’t believe I did that’ ‘I’m glad you did’ he grinned seeing her go, John heading home feeling good.

‘What is your name, you knew mine’ ‘oh, fuck, I’m John’ Lucy trying to hide a giggle, he grinned, ‘I’m sorry, it probably feels really uncomfortable for you, thank you for asking me’ ‘no need at all’ he grinned, ‘so you’re a mechanic’ ‘I am indeed, I work with my dad, I have a degree in sports car engineering and I work with him on those, we get a lot of women because many male mechanics know women aren’t going to be experts’ John nodded, ‘you wouldn’t take advantage of old people cos they can’t hear, so I think that’s wrong’ ‘agreed, and a good comparison, something I needed’ ‘so are you in a line of mechanics, do you have brothers’ ‘my dad made four girls, one of us had to like wheels, it was me’ laughing a little and talking, ‘if we do good, I am never going to forget our anniversary’ Lucy giggling, ‘you have a point, but we’ll never celebrate it either’ ‘oh, God, I’m sorry’ Lucy laughed, ‘I’ll cope’ getting beers.

John walked with her, ‘thank you for all the drinks’ ‘thanks for meeting me’ ‘no problem, I like you a lot’ ‘I’m glad, I’m just glad you’re single’ ‘I’m glad it’s you working on it not being for long’ he grinned, ‘mutual’ walking to her car, John smirked, ‘that’s your car, it’s an Aston Martin’ ‘it’s not, it’s a kit car’ Lucy smiled opening the thing, Lucy smiled kissing his cheek, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, can you give me a ride?’ Lucy laughed, ‘you are not the first to ask, hop in’ John laughing. John called Jared, ‘I am dating a girl’ ‘when, what?’ ‘I met her in the supermarket on Christmas Day somehow I was brave’ ‘you only need ten seconds of courage’ ‘she drives a car she built herself, she’s a mechanic’ ‘that’s fucking awesome’ ‘thank you, I like her a lot’ ‘I can tell’ ‘she drives an Aston Martin’ ‘no she doesn’t’ ‘it’s a kit car’ ‘she built it, I guess’ ‘she did, she’s clever, she stunning, damn’ ‘okay, well, we’ll invite you over’ ‘good’.

-x-

‘You look really pretty’ ‘thank you, I thought, it’s your best friend, I should try’ he grinned, ‘well, you look beautiful’ ‘thank you’ knocking on Jared’s door, John smiled as he welcomed them in, ‘this is Lucy’ ‘nice to meet you, I brought a bottle of Prosecco, I hope you don’t mind’ ‘not at all’ Jared taking the bag and seeing them to the the table, ‘it smells good’ ‘Tess is a foodie, she loves to cook’ ‘I wish I had more time, the only oil I see seems to go in a car sadly’ laughing a little and talking, ‘what do you do outside of work?’ Lucy smiled, ‘I like reading a lot, particularly politics and philosophy’ ‘you do?’ John asked, ‘it is yes, I think it’s important to learn about your life and how it’s part of a bigger thing’ ‘what are your politics’ ‘I’m pretty much a socialist, I hope that offends no one, a Bernie Sanders’ ‘oh, thank God, you are among friends’ laughing a little, ‘well, my mum’s a teacher and unions’ ‘of course’ talking.

John smiled, ‘what philosophy have you read’ ‘my sister, she read philosophy at university, at ASU and yeah, I stole all her books, she didn’t like it all that much’ Lucy smiled, ‘but I enjoyed Sartre, Diderot, Kierkesgaard, I like Rousseau’ John smiled, ‘I begun a degree in it but the band did good and I dropped out’ ‘well, what better reason to’ he grinned, ‘thank you, you’re more rounded than me’ ‘I have a bit of a library, don’t worry’ Jared chuckled, ‘you two are good’. Lucy smiled, ‘come on’ John getting in, ‘ma’am you own this’ ‘I do indeed, officer’ ‘you don’t look like a rich woman’ ‘you’d be right, I built it’ ‘you’re a woman, no need to lie’ ‘I’m a mechanic, sir, and I would appreciate you letting me ride home in my car’ passing the papers over and I.D, the office looking embarassed, ‘thank you, there will be a complaint’ Lucy murmured heading home the most legal way possible, ‘badass’ ‘thank you’ laughing.

Lucy smiled, ‘your complaint handled’ ‘he’s doing some training’ John smiled, ‘you love that car’ ‘I do, and I am a feminist, I don’t like being told what I should do cos of my genitalia, I mean as a singer and man you talk about your feelings all the time, you are not reproached for it’ John grinned, ‘no, no I am not, but girls and feelings’ ‘yeah’ talking on the phone, ‘where are you?’ ‘I sit on my windowsill and read, glad I lack neighbours’ John smiled, ‘where do you live?’ ‘Chandler, I bought a house with land, I like to camp so I bought a house with a field’ ‘awesome’ talking together, ‘you own a field’ ‘I do indeed’ he grinned, ‘that’s cool’ ‘hmm, it is’ ‘how?’ Lucy laughing, ‘I had a good inheritance and I didn’t need to borrow much, so I bought this, you’ll see’ he grinned, ‘I really am glad I met you’ ‘mutual’ he grinned looking forward to seeing her again soon.

-x-

John smiled, ‘you have a nice place’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘must have been some inheritance’ ‘haha well, I invested some of it and I did good, I loved this house growing up’ walking with her to the kitchen, ‘it smell good’ ‘thank you, I have been, I know it sounds lame, but I love my job, I know you do and having no one around has made me work a lot, so thanks for letting me get the balance back’ John grinned, ‘I’m glad I could help’ he grinned, ‘I didn’t realise how bad I had gotten, but I made pizza, I’m good at that’ laughing together, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘I love your honesty and your thoughtfulness, just divine and I’m sorry I have this weekend and then I’m in England’ ‘don’t apologise, I don’t know much but if your band is so popular you’re going to England, you should be going, people rely on music for their lives, I wouldn’t complain about that’ he grinned, ‘you are incredible’ ‘so are you’ kissing.

‘I’m sorry’ ‘well, seeing as I seduced you, I should buy Dominos’ looking at the burnt pizza and giggling, ‘fine by me’ he grinned kissing her softly, and ordering food as she chucked the food away and opened a window, John grinned wrapping his arms round her ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he beamed kissing her softly, ‘I’m not very romantic but somehow’ Lucy smiled, ‘I know John, I quite like it, it doesn’t put me under pressure cos me I’m not experienced at that’ laughing together, ‘we’ll work on it’ ‘romantic to me is supporting people and helping them have the tools to do that’ he grinned, ‘so it’s about knowing each other well’ ‘I think so’ he grinned, ‘so when you’re stressed what do I do?’ John asked, ‘I like a bath’ ‘so candles and things’ ‘please’ he grinned, ‘how about you’ ‘a bit of space’ ‘okay’ he grinned talking together, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, listening is a great thing’ ‘mutual’ hanging out for the weekend.

‘How’s Lucy?’ Jared asked, ‘she’s good’ John grinned, ‘he drove me in her Aston Martin to the airport’ ‘what?’ Gare asked, ‘my girlfriend is a mchanic, she built a kit car of the DB5′ ‘that’s amazing’ ‘it is’ ‘how did you meet’ ‘she needed cranberry sauce on the top shelf on Christmas Day, I asked for her number’ ‘that’s cute’ ‘and you’ll never forget the anniversary’ laughing together, John smiled, ‘I just asked her’ Jared laughing, ‘like I said, you only need ten seconds of courage’ Jared grinned, ‘of course’. John called her on Skype, ‘hey!’ ‘Hello’ doing a bad English accent, ‘no, I suck, though I have now watch far too much Downton Abbey’ ‘how many’ ‘one’ John laughing, ‘I love you, how’s Arizona’ ‘much colder without the hotness of my boyfriend’ John laughing, ‘sorry’ ‘well ,England is always wet’ ‘so am, no I will not do that joke’ John giggling with her.

-x-

6 months later:-

John smiled ‘are you plaiting my hair again?’ ‘Sorry, I do it without even noticing I’m doing it now’ ‘do you like my long hair’ ‘I think you look kinda grungey and hot, when you pick me up from work, it’s like being picked up by the bad boy from school’ John laughing, ‘which is cool with me’ ‘I am not a bad boy’ ‘which makes it even better’ kissing him softly, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he grinned, kissing her back, ‘I wish you could come with me’ he beamed, ‘on Warped and stuff’ Lucy smiled, ‘well, why don’t I ask my dad, if you ask the others if I can, maybe I can be your personal assistant’ ‘how personal?’ ‘I’ll let you decide, John’ straddling him, John smiled, ‘I like this personal’ he beamed kissing passionately, making love on their sofa, John smirked as she put her dress on, ‘you do like boobs’ ‘I like your boobs’ giggling, kissing softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned.

Lucy looked up, ‘guys, you don’t mind if Lucy comes on Warped with us, do you?’ Lucy looking up, ‘John, that is not how to ask, I want to be useful, I’ll do whatever you need to get done if you let me’ Lucy murmured, ‘that’s completely fine if you’re going to be useful’ ‘thank you, my dad said it would be alright without me, he’s going to bring in my cousin while I’m away’ ‘you know it’s eight weeks long’ ‘I do know that’ Lucy murmured, ‘when are you most needed here’ ‘winter’ ‘good, fine, then sure come along’ Lucy grinned, ‘if I’m needed I might fly back and then do my job the go back, if that’s fine with you’ ‘good idea’ John nodded. ‘Why did you say that?’ Lucy looked up, ‘cos they are not cool with it, they asked me if I was busy here, John’ he sighed, ‘so you’re going to come with me’ ‘I will, but I might do a couple of weeks come back for a couple then go back out’ he grinned, ‘okay then’ ‘thank you’.

‘So, what can I do to help?’ ‘Merch would be great’ ‘that’s cool’ Lucy smiled helping Pete with the stuff, ‘can I get you anything’ ‘a beer would be good’ ‘coming up’ getting drinks, ‘so you fix cars’ ‘I do indeed’ Lucy smiled talking cars, ‘John said you made your own car’ ‘I did, I love vintage Aston Martins, so I built one’ ‘I love how simple it is, I liked it so I made it’ laughing together and talking selling stuff. ‘There’s a glitch with the bus’ ‘we need a mechanic’ John smirked, ‘see my girlfriend’ ‘let me have a look, I used work on school buses and coaches, let me see’ ‘are you sure?’ ‘Lucy made her own car, trust me she knows her shit’ ‘fine, on your head be it’ Lucy smiled. ‘I see what has happened, someone get me some tape’ Lucy wrapping it round, ‘let me make a phone call’ getting in the seat and calling some friends, driving it out of the place, John grinned, ‘she’ll get it done.

Lucy smirked picking them up, ‘I’m sorry, it’s all fixed, it was just a pipe’ ‘what did you do to get that done’ ‘if I told you that, I’d have no boyfriend, I’m kidding’ John smirked, ‘just called in a favour from university’ ‘thank you so much’ ‘no need’ seeing everyone get on, replacing the driver, ‘you’re a babe’ ‘you’re a babe too’ kissing him. ‘if I told you that, honestly’ ‘I forget you’re a sensitive soul my darling’ John resting his head on her, ‘I’m sorry, Johnny’ kissing his head softly, ‘I don’t like the thought of you cheating, I want to amrry you, spend my life with you’ ‘and it’s mutual, John’ he grinned, ‘really?’ ‘Definitely, I promise I will not make those jokes in front of you again, I was just raised around dirty humour as you know’ John nodded, ‘I know’ ‘I’m pretty working class and you’re kinda middle class, and I’m sorry’ John laughing, ‘you think it’s a class thing’ ‘yes, Bordieu said’ talking about philosophy instead.

John played guitar, Jared smirked, ‘you got offended by a joke’ ‘she’s my girlfriend, you know?’ ‘I think you should think of her as a person and not your property’ John nodded, ‘she’d hate me if I thought like that’ ‘exactly’ Jared smirked, ‘it was a joke, she loves you, John, she’d never do anything to hurt you’ ‘I know’ ‘remember it’. Lucy grinned, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m fine, I’m sorry’ ‘you can’t help it John you’re a little sexist, Arizona is like that, you’ve not been around me enough darling’ he smirked, ‘I don’t like being sexist’ ‘good’ he grinned ‘I’m sorry’ ‘we all have flaws John, don’t worry’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, anyway, you should teach me how to play that’ John smirked, ‘fine, okay’ Lucy laughing, ‘you look scared’ ‘you are incredibly impatient, I’m worried’ laughing together, John teaching her scales, ‘that’s dull’.

Lucy packed her case, ‘you’re going?’ ‘I am’ ‘but you can’t, what if the bus does stuff again’ John smirked, ‘I’m not leaving, I’m moving’ ‘what?’ ‘The Wonder Years, their bus broke down and I fixed it for them, I explained that you guys feel weird with a woman on the bus so they said, come on board ours we have a spare room’ John smirked, ‘room?’ ‘yeah their buses have compartments not bunks, so I said sure’ John grinned, ‘so I see the whole tour, spend time with you, and I don’t annoy anyone’ Lucy murmured, ‘also Suppy has WWE network and you hate it’ he grinned, ‘I don’t hate it, it’s just badly written’ ‘see your first EP’s’ John laughing, ‘I forgot first rule of Lucy, don’t talk shit about wrestling’. ‘Lucy’ ‘thank you for this’ ‘no problem’ putting her case at the end of the bed, ‘no problem’ watching the PPV together, ‘I don’t know much about that band’ ‘oh, they’re awesome’ talking.
-x-
three years later:-

John looked at her, ‘it was number one in England!’ Lucy grinned taking his hand, glad he was so stunned with his success, ‘you deserve this, you earned it my love’ John beamed, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too’ he beamed kissing her, ‘Lucy, will you marry me?’ Lucy grinned, ‘yes I will, darling’ hugging her tight, John snuggled, ‘I can’t do all of this without you, Lucy’ John murmured, ‘I can’t do life without you John, it’s okay’ he grinned, ‘well, still, it’s all down to you, getting on that The Wonder Years tour, everything just exploded and so much good criticism’ ‘I know, you deserve this’ he grinned hugging her again, she kissed his head softly, ‘and you did it yourself, I’m so proud of you’ Lucy murmured, John grinned, ‘this is why I want to marry you?’ Giggling, ‘it’s an album about you falling in love with me, it’s why I want to marry you too’ John grinned, ‘yeah, I forgot that slightly’ giggling, kissing deeply, ‘I need to buy you a ring’ ‘okay’ he grinned, ‘I’ll go now’ ‘John, I can wait’.

‘John asked you finally, he asked permission’ shaking his head, ‘ages ago’ Lucy laughing, ‘his album got to number one in the UK, he felt like he was ready financially, for it’ rolling her eyes, ‘I do admire him for it, I take back my anger’ laughing a little, Lucy putting her engagement ring on a chain and getting started on a Ferrari, her dad grinned, ‘I like John, he’s odd, but then so are you’ Lucy laughing, ‘thanks dad’ laughing together, Lucy getting the engine running, ‘that’s a beautiful sound’ ‘as good as your husband’ ‘he’s worth more than a Ferrari’ ‘I beg to differ’ laughing. Lucy smiled as John picked her up, ‘glad you asked her finally’ ‘I wanted to make sure I was good, Lucy wants to organise a wedding together, and we should handle it together’ ‘it’s tradition, you start as you meant to go on, together’ ‘I like that’ John beamed, Lucy taking his hand.
they lived happily.