Made Up Stories.

Sunshine

Jack smiled anticipating her, but saw her walk past and talk to Jeff, ‘nice’ Jack murmured, Jeff smiled, ‘sorry to bother you, but I am a lighting person at the Ottobar, I think you’re the best, can I ask you some things?’ ‘Of course’ Lucy grinned, ‘thank you’ askinghim questions about tech. ‘Do you want to meet in the band?’ ‘Nahh, I’m alright, people who want to meet you, I came to meet that guy’ Jeff laughing, ‘Do you want a closer look?’ ‘Can I?’ ‘Sure’ Jack smiled, ‘you better take this’ throwing her his pass, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’. Lucy smiled, ‘that’s so cool, I can only dream of this’ Jeff laughing, ‘how long have you done lights’ ‘I realised at fourteen I couldn’t sing but I wanted to work in music and I saw one of your first shows with ATL and I was like, I wanna do that, I begun as a volunteer, I now run the Ottobar lights’ he grinned, ‘that’s awesome’ ‘thank you’ ‘you can’t sing’ ‘really, it’s like dying’ laughing together.

Lucy sat in the tech box working, ‘so how long did it take for you to be paid?’ ‘Three years, they thought I was a bandwhore until they realised people would be arrested for going near me, not that it’s stopped people’ ‘that was found to be unfounded’ ‘cos all the girls had been doxxed and insulted all over the internet, sure, yeah, unfounded’ Lucy murmured, ‘you might have a point’ laughing a little and working together on the stuff she understood, listening to him, ‘big shoutout to Jeff and Danny down there’ Jack smiled, ‘and Lucy whose assisting Jeff tonight, it’s like work experience’ Lucy smiled looking up, ‘I think that’s not fair, I’m a lame duck’ ‘trust me, I think I need an assistant now’ laughing and watching the rest of the set helping him with the lights and running errand around the venue, thinking working here would be the dream, working with a band and training to do this on a large scale and designing, the fantasy.

‘Jeff said having you in the team made him think you would be a great addition’ ‘well, it would be a dream job and I’d learnt a lot from him on tour’ Alex smiled, ‘but I also only just got the chance to run my own lights at the Ottobar and it would be tough to quit as soon as I made it’ ‘of course cos you’d be back at the bottom again’ Lucy smiled, ‘it wouldn’t be hard for me to leave, it’s been tough, and the people don’t like me, but I am in charge, it’s kinda balanced’ Alex smiled, ‘come work for us, we train to do lights to Jeff standards probably could go and work for another band designing everything for them’ Alex smiled, ‘you think?’ ‘I definitely think if you want to you should and I am not going to argue with Jeff, if he wants an assistant he can have one’ ‘okay then’ Lucy grinned, ‘this is awesome’ Alex laughing, ‘you’ll be just fine’ ‘thank you’.

-x-

Jack smiled, ‘hey!’ ‘Hey Jack, how are you?’ Yawning, ‘oh, sorry’ ‘no problem’ he grinned, ‘I feel you’ laughing a little, ‘I’m good, never left America before this and now I’m travelling around England, I saw the cute from Good Charlotte earlier got talking about swords, when does that happen?’ Jack laughing as she headed off seeing Jeff, ‘ready to get to work’ ‘I am not ready for this, but I am willing’ he grinned, ‘good’ laughing together and getting started on the lights and the plans for the evening, ‘apparently when they heard you were hired you worked for the pier’ ‘I did indeed, it was good’ he smiled, ‘and so you learnt some stuff’ ‘I did indeed’ ‘good’ getting to grips with the show and seeing it set up, ‘right, I’ll show you what I’m up to’ ‘okay’ Lucy smiled getting started and working together on the lights, glad she was here, ‘England’ ‘I couldn’t believe it the first time either’ laughing together and getting on.

Lucy grinned seeing the show and working the lights, ‘do we get time to see stuff?’ Jack smiled, ‘course, your job is done right’ ‘yeah, I am but I don’t know’ Jeff smiled, ‘Lucy, you have time off now, go do stuff’ ‘I’ll get lost though’ ‘Lucy, I’ve seen Cardiff before, why don’t you come with me?’ ‘You wouldn’t mind’ ‘not at all’ ‘thank you’ Jack walking with her, ‘this is where Doctor Who was filmed’ Jack laughing, ‘Alex and you will get on’ ‘so cool’ Lucy taking pictures, ‘sorry’ ‘no need’ ‘I’ll follow your lead’ walking around, ‘they have Starbucks and this place has tea, I expected tea shops’ Jack laughing, ‘you want a tea shop, I’ll find you a tea shop’. ‘This is lovely’ Jack grinned ‘I’m glad I did good’ ‘it looks like a castle, dude’ laughing together pouring tea out and taking a cake from the stand, ‘can we consider this a first date?’ Jack asked, Lucy grinned, ‘sure why not?’ Jack grinned, ‘good’ giggling, talking over a large cake stand.

Getting around the country, London loomed over, ‘oh, man, London, do we get time off’ ‘yes, Lucy’ ‘sorry, I’m new at this’ Jack laughing, ‘Lucy, you’re part of the team, if we’re here, you’re here’ ‘thanks’ laughing together and talking about the city, Lucy smiled, ‘I wanna see so much, but you come here a lot, so I’m not worried’ looking out the window, Getting started. Lucy smiled meeting the Hustler, ‘I’m Lucy, I help Jeff do lights, but when I’m not I am here with you, follow me I’ll show you to the guys, been look forward to seeing you’ following her inside, ‘where did you get your bracelet’ ‘Sammydress, it was like five dollars, love that site’ Jack smiled as she led them in, seeing her bracelet, ‘you are adorable’ Jack texting her, Lucy blushed grinning, Jack grinned too meeting fans. ‘The BBC, what a thing’ Alex laughed seeing her, ‘I’m watching it all, while I am here’ Alex laughing, ‘it’s the news’ ‘british news’ downloading.
-x-

Alex looked at her, ‘Lucy, you ever liked someone you’re embarassed of’ ‘no, cos there’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure, if your ears love it, why argue with them?’ Jack grinned as she walked off, ‘she’s my girlfriend’ Alex looked at him, ‘seriously’ ‘she told me to keep it to myself for a bit, but yeah’. Lucy smiled listening to her iPod beginning the US tour and working on the tech of the lights on stage, ‘I said too much..that’s me in the corner, that’s me in the spotlight losing my religion’ singing to herself, the guys giggling, ‘I’m singing out loud again, aren’t I?’ ‘Yeah’ ‘stop me, no one deserves that’ laughing together and talking, ‘what do you do when you’re not working now’ ‘I used to coupon, I was on a budget, but now I’m good, so I now coupon and do a thing for the foodbank, I organise that in my street, I learn to tap dance, I love old movies’ ‘tap dance’ ‘I know, it’s weird’ ‘I wanna see’ ‘okay’ Lucy showing them.

Jack smiled seeing her in the morning, ‘tiara time?’ ‘I just need to feel like a princess today, Jack’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘sorry’ ‘no need’ hugging her close, ‘what can I do for you?’ ‘Just a long hug right now’ he smiled holding her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too pudding’ he beamed, ‘Harley Quinn calls the joker that’ ‘there’s something about psychopathic white men that girls love’ Jack laughing, ‘I’m tweeting that’ laughing. Lucy smiled, ‘is is true you can tap dance?’ Lucy laughed, ‘I can indeed, I learn to when I’m home, I’m a big fan of Ginger Rogers, she was the only person I knew growing up who had hair with a personality, she made me confident to be ginger, it’s weird, she also was brunette and blonde in periods though, I think you call it Strictly’ ‘we do’ ‘I like those kind of ballroom styles too’ talking to fans heading inside, seeing the fans to the meet and greet, getting into the tour, enjoying the lights.

‘You like your hair, do you french braid your own hair’ ‘I think that when you live with guys, you become one of them and I am glad you consider me one of your own, but I am a girl, and I want to feel like one and hair is the easiest way’ Jack smiled helping her, ‘I used to do this for May’ helping her, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ kissing her neck, ‘I think you’re beautiful’ ‘thank you, I think you look handsome today’ he beamed holding her, ‘I miss you me in bed’ ‘agreed’ giggling, ‘you’re really good’ Lucy murmured, ‘thank you’ giggling, talking together on the bus, ‘I can’t believe I do this job sometimes’ Jack laughing and seeing her go, ‘let’s go light it up’ ‘I know, that’s your ringtone’ ‘thank you’ laughing together. ‘What plays when Lucy calls you?’ Alex asked, ‘Light It Up, it was AJ Lee’s theme, from WWE’ ‘nice choice’ ‘she’s the lights girl, I like that’ ‘she’s also got the energy too’ ‘too much information’ ‘not like that’ laughing.

-x-
6 months later:-

Dan smiled, ‘you could come work for us, we have WWE Network’ ‘that’s fucking tempting’ Lucy nodded, ‘that was the intention to be honest, I gotta admit to be able to design lights of my own, I’ve learnt a lot and I think I can break out now and do my own thing’ Lucy smiled, ‘let me talk to some people, and can I get back to you’ ‘of course, we’re on tou for six weeks’ ‘granted’ Lucy giggling with him, ‘do you have lights’ ‘nope’ ‘I’ll do some stuff for you’ ‘we have a house lights guy we just ask’ ‘I’ll do it’ ‘okay then’. Lucy worked on some stuff for them testing it out, Jack smiled, ‘you alright, I saw you testing’ ‘Dan asked me to go work for them as their lights person’ Jack grinned, ‘are you taking it?’ ‘Would you be okay with that?’ ‘Lucy, fuck that’s your dream!’ ‘This is my dream, that’s my occupational fantasy’ Jack laughing, ‘you gotta do it’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.

‘So?’ Dan smiled, ‘I am going to accept’ ‘no way, awesome!’ Lucy laughing, ‘thank you for asking me’ ‘your lights are awesome and you’re working with what you have, I can’t wait to see your designs’ ‘me too’ Lucy grinned, ‘I have ideas, working around a pigeon’ Suppy laughing with her, ‘so gonna be hard’ ‘yeah, but it’s hard for anything, it’s only hard until you’ve done it’ ‘that’s very fucking true’ laughing together, ‘Jack is my partner so it’s going to be odd not working with him’ ‘is that why he doesn’t make roofie jokes’ ‘when I heard, oh my God’ laughing together, ‘I will get stuff sorted for you by the end of the week, you begin on the next tour in Canada January’ ‘man I miss Fireworks’ ‘sorry’ ‘the band, when I think of Canada’ Dan smirked, ‘we are going to get on so well’ laughing together, exchanging details, glad the dream was closer than ever before for her.

Alex sat down as she typed, ‘what are you writing?’ Lucy sighed, ‘my letter of resignation’ Lucy murmured, Alex looked at her, ‘why, are you and Jack done’ ‘no, no, The Wonder Years are hiring me to be their lighting director and I begin January so’ Alex looked at her, ‘but why would you leave Jack’ ‘cos we have our dreams and ambitions and supports me in this, Alex’ Lucy murmured, ‘I don’t follow him around, I am good at what I do’ ‘why are you assistant then’ ‘I wasn’t before I met you, Alex, what the fuck is wrong with you’ ‘but that’s what women do’ ‘no, that’s what the one you married does’. Jack sighed as Lucy explained, ‘sounds like he was an asshole’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need, I know Alex and you, and I know you’d never be rude unless pushed and you being sad is weird and wrong’ kissing him, Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’.

Jack smiled sitting down, ‘she clearly doesn’t like you much, who leave their boyfriend’ ‘Lucy loves lights, why would I stop her dreams and ambitions, she helps me with mine, I’d never stop her making it to one of hers, that’s so selfish’ Jack murmured, ‘but Lisa’ ‘please never compare Lucy to your wife’ Jack murmured, ‘but she wants this to be our last tour’ ‘well, that’s selfish Alex’ Alex sighed, ‘I just think that, I don’t know, so you’re happy for her’ ‘Alex, this is is her dream, I’d never stop her getting there, this was mine, she helps with it’ Alex smiled, ‘and she’ll be at home when I am anyway, tours pretty much happen at the same time, sometimes less is more, I love her, I want her to be happy, I love you I want you to be happy, why you’re married’ Jack smiled, ‘I feel like I should be watching something else’ ‘Pixar’ ‘’Lucy loves Pixar and Ginger Rogers’ ‘I know’ ‘and I’m so glad, I love it too’ laughing.

Lucy smiled seeing Alex, ‘Alex, I think you need to hear a song’ ‘you do’ ‘yeah, it’s really good, it’s perfect for you right now’ putting her headphones over his head, and playing Missing You to him, he grinned, ‘it’s Missing You’ ‘indeed, perfect for your little home issues’ he grinned, ‘thank you for reminding me’ ‘you’re proudly one of my best friends, and yes we are different, but we change and we wait, and that’s not bad’ he smiled, ‘thank you, you are like sunshine on a crappy day and I’m going to miss you so much, and I guess I projected’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m a skype call away, I’m going to miss Jack like hell, my God, I have to go to countries and cities from next year without him buying me tea and all kinds of things’ Ale hugging her, ‘thank you for working for us’ ‘I’m sure one day Jeff will retire, then I’ll step in some rather large shoes’ ‘I hope so’ talking on the stage.

‘Looking forward to working with us’ ‘very much so’ Lucy grinned, ‘and I celebrate my birthday with you guys, so bring it, huh?’ laughing together and talking, ‘you’ll fit in here’ ‘thank you for letting me, I’ve loved doing lights this tour for you, and things can only get better, I have already asked in advances to what I’m working with’ talking on the bus, Lucy smiled. Jack smiled, ‘can I just, Lucy, whose our lighting assistant is off to work with The Wonder Years as their lighting person January, she’s amazing and I just wanna say thank you for all your work lights with Jeff but your work with fans too’ Jack grinned, ‘thank you’ Lucy grinned, ‘he’s so sentimental sometimes’ Jeff laughing, ‘I think you do that to him’ laughing, ‘congratulations’ ‘thank you senpai’ Jeff laughing, ‘that’s going on my Instagram picture’ ‘you people and your social media’ laughing.
-x-
3 years later:-

Lucy smiled sitting with Jack, ‘so you’re married and you work together on this tour’ ‘I’m of course sorry Jeff is ill, but I don’t mind filling in for him while the band Ii work for make their next best album, when did The Wonder Years make an awful record?’ ‘Never’ ‘agreed’ talking ‘you’ve won awards now for your work’ ‘I have, I didn’t know you could, but yeah, it’s nice’ Lucy smiled talking and doing an interview together. Jack smiled, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned holding her, ‘how are you feeling, you are after all meant to be on maternity’ Lucy laughing, ‘I know, but really I’m fine, all good’ ‘seven months and when we get home it will be eight’ ‘I know’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’m growing it’ laughing together and talking, ‘I’m sorry, I just want you to be okay and I think people, as they can’t see you’re pregnant all that much’ Lucy smiled, ‘I know’ talking together.

Jack smiled, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m fine’ getting into the Baltimore show, and sorting the lights until the end of the set, ‘are you alright?’ ‘Danny’ ‘hmm?’ ‘Call an ambulance’ ‘sorry’ ‘call an ambulance!’ Lucy shouted, Jack running through, ‘Lucy?’ ‘I need an ambulance, my waters have broken’ ‘fuck’. Jack held her hand, ‘Mrs Barakat, you have a baby boy’ Jack grinned, ‘please, Jack take it’ as things arrived, ‘I just need sleep’ ‘you sleep darling’ ‘you should hold the baby’ ‘of course’ Lucy moved to a new bed and holding him, ‘hello Jake’ Jack grinned, ‘I love it, I love him’ Lucy grinned holding him, ‘you should let the others’ ‘of course’ Jack getting Alex, ‘thank you for driving us’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘this is Jake Alexander Barakat’ Jack nodding in approval letting Lucy recover from it all, ‘wow, he’s gorgeous’ ‘he’s part Lucy, course’.
they lived happily.