Made Up Stories.

Moments.

John smiled, ‘I’m guessing you’re not a fan’ the redhead laughed, ‘no, no, I’m not, but I’m sure you’re great, just not my kind of great’ John smiled, ‘I like that’ ‘you can’t please everyone, and you wouldn’t want to’ ‘I agree, I love your hair though, the black streaks and buns, it’s cool’ ‘thanks, I based it on Princess Leia’ ‘and the boots are badass’ ‘thank you, I saved for them’ laughing a little, ‘where are you heading to?’ ‘New Years Day and then Motionless In White’ ‘I am not shocked by this’ ‘you’re in a band called The Maine or do you work for them?’ ‘I lead sing’ ‘oh, sorry’ ‘no need, you have a great style though’ ‘I like the suits, in the great words of ZZ Topp, every girl goes crazy over a sharp dressed man’ John laughed, ‘you like that?’ ‘No, my dad does, and Tom Petty’ ‘you like him?’ ‘Love the guy, he’s the anomaly’ ‘same’ talking records. 

‘You like The Maine’ ‘I don’t know, but their lead singer is pretty cool’ ‘come and have a look later, we’re not clashing’ ‘I will do that’ he grinned, ‘it was nice to meet you’ ‘nice to meet you too, thanks for the talk, you have great taste’ ‘thanks, in college, how does this look work’ ‘I sadly tone this down, but keep the hair and nails’ laughing. John grinned seeing her at the show, seeing her walk past talking, ‘Lucy’ ‘oh, John’ ‘what did you think?’ ‘Its a bit too slow for me, but you have a great voice’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need I’ll see you around’ ‘I hope you do’ Lucy smiled seeing her friends go ahead, ‘you should sign here, and then underneath, you should add your number’ John grinned, ‘good’ writing it for her, ‘its my birthday you know?’ Lucy smiled, ‘happy birthday’ he grinned as she look around kissing his cheek quickly and heading off, feeling kinda pleased with himself right now, ‘did that girl kiss you’ ‘oh, yes’ laughing. 

Picking up the call a few days later back home, ‘It’s Lucy, we met on Warped’ ‘I remember you, you’re hard to forget’ Lucy smiled, ‘well, thank you, I was wondering if you had any time?’ ‘I do’ arranging a time to meet. John felt sick with nerves as she arrived, ‘hello?’ John grinned, ‘do you have a spider in your hair or is that me?’ ‘I do indeed’ John laughing, ‘I love your thing you do’ ‘thank you’ heading inside the coffee shop ‘so what do you study?’ ‘Philosophy and Cultural Studies’ ‘what do you do next?’ ‘I’m doing a philosophy masters in Du Beauvoir’s work, she was the lover of Sartre’ ‘big fan’ laughing together and talking, ‘so I suspect you’re a feminist’ ‘you suspect right’ ‘I don’t get women who aren’t’ ‘that’s good to know’ giggling together and talking over coffee, ‘I like you tried to look normal and still failed’ John murmured, Lucy laughed, ‘it’s the spider, isn’t it?’ Giggling. 
-x-

John picked her up, ‘thank you’ ‘no need at all’ heading from the university as she begun her masters, ‘so your masters is on what?’ ‘I’m seeing how much of what Beauvoir believed is still relevant and how much she influences third wave feminism’ he grinned, ‘that’s cool’ ‘thank you’ talking about books. John smiled, ‘I don’t know what to do?’ Lucy laughed, ‘let’s go bowling, get some food’ ‘fine by me’ heading for the alley, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be’ he grinned, getting a lane together. Lucy smiled, ‘I kinda suck at this’ John laughing, ‘I had noticed’ giggling together, ‘do you have ghost hairclips in your hair’ ‘I tried to be a little subtle’ John laughing, ‘your accessories are badass’ laughing together and talking, ‘slime green nail varnish’ ‘apparently it’s ectoplasm, but same thing’ laughing together, ‘I like it’ laughing together, talking movies. 

Lucy smiled, ‘thank you for this evening it’ ‘was all you, you came up with the ideas’ laughing nervously on her porch, ‘you have a nice place’ ‘it’s my family home, I must say, I live in the basement room’ John smiled, ‘do you wanna come in?’ ‘Sure’ following her inside for her place, making coffee for them. Kissing on her sofa, making out, John grinned falling on top of her, she giggled, John helping her back up, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘I really like you’ ‘I really like you too, I’m sorry you have my lipstick all over your lips’ ‘don’t mind’ he grinned as she wiped his lips, John grinned, ‘sharing is caring, Lucy, I don’t mind’ giggling, kissing again, she smiled, ‘did you think you’d date someone like me?’ ‘No, but I’m glad I do’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I had the feeling’ kissing softly, ‘I love you, I think’ she smiled, ‘I think I love you too’ he grinned. 

Picking up her phone, ‘we have a place for you in Mesa’ ‘oh, thank you’ getting the paperwork and getting her own place finally, Lucy smiled calling John, ‘hello?’ ‘Hey, I have a new apartment, moving out of my families, I thought I’d have to wait longer’ he grinned, ‘okay then, do you need any help?’ ‘I’d be grateful, but if you’re busy’ ‘I have a truck’ ‘you are very welcome’ John laughing. Lucy smiled getting to her place, John helping her with the big things, ‘you can afford this?’ ‘I work at the university, I’m an assistant academic librarian right now’ Lucy smiled, ‘oh, I didn’t know’ ‘it’s all good’ he grinned, ‘you must really tone it down’ ‘not really’ laughing together and getting things in place, John smiled, ‘thank you for your help’ ‘no need’ ‘I need to get me some wifi’ ‘okay’ laughing together, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ kissing softly, ‘at least we can have sex here’ John laughing ‘priorities’ giggling. 
-x-

John smiled waking up with her, running an arm round her waist as she wore a silk and lace slip, her hair sprawled across pillows, he grinned kissing her shoulder softly, ‘Lucy’ ‘hmm?’ ‘You look beautiful’ she blushed, ‘thank you’ he grinned as she rested on her back, ‘what’s the plan with your hair?’ Lucy giggled, ‘I’m getting it done like Ashley Costello eventually, one side red and one side black’ he grinned, ‘that will look good’ ‘thank you’ he beamed, ‘the one thing we don’t have in common is our music taste’ ‘well, I think it’s a good thing, we’re different people, you don’t want dicksand’ John googling, ‘oh my God, that sounds like so many women I know’ giggling together, ‘I don’t think it’s healthy for two people to be one person’ he grinned, ‘I completely agree’ ‘thank you’  he grinned holding her close, ‘I think you’re talented, you should be doing this’ he grinned, ‘I’m your exception’ ‘yes’ laughing. 

‘What are your plans?’ John grinned, ‘well, I’ll soon be leaving to make an album, in about a month’ she nodded, ‘okay’ ‘and then yeah, back home for a bit, putting in plans for tours and things, how about you?’ ‘I work, of course, I’ll be finding hobbies, cos I have no life, but being with family has limited when I can return from things, so getting back to things I like’ he grinned ‘of course’ she smiled, ‘so, never thought of making your own music’ ‘no, not really, I like writing poetry, but never thought I could sing, I admire your confidence, not sure I could do it like you do’ talking over lunch in her kitchen, he grinned, ‘what do you want to do?’ ‘I’d like to travel more’ ‘you found the right guy’ ‘for me it’s balancing the anxiety, I get travel anxiety, so I need good strong plans’ talking together, ‘so you’ll visit on tour’ ‘definitely, I take up the challenge’ giggling. 

Lucy smiled driving him to 8123, ‘you wanna come inside?’ ‘Are you sure?’ ‘I’m sure’ he beamed taking her hand and walking inside, John grinned looking at her outfit, ‘you look very goth today’ ‘I have many shades of black’ laughing together and heading inside. ‘I love your shoes, they are badass’ ‘its BMO from Adventure Time’ John smiled, ‘I thought I needed some colour’ Gare laughing, ‘you’re the goth girl from Warped, I remember your hair, it was awesome’ ‘thank you’ laughing a little, ‘what do you do?’ ‘I’m a masters student in Political Philosophy and I’m the academic librarian for MHT, Media Humanities and Technology at ASU’ ‘you seem perfect for John’ ‘needs to read more’ John laughing, ‘I have, you gave me a great list’ ‘thank you’ listening to songs, ‘this one’s about you’ ‘oh, right, I’m listening’ he grinned. 
-x-
6 months later:-

John got in from the first tour back, starting in Arizona and ending in New York, Lucy grinned as John kissed her, ‘well, hello to you too’ ‘I’m glad you visited three times, but I missed you like hell’ ‘I missed you too’ kissing again, ‘you should have said, I’ll order food in’ he grinned, ‘thank you, I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be, I like the surprise’ ‘what are you listening to?’ ‘Iron Maiden John’ ‘oh, sorry, I should have known’ Lucy laughed, ‘no worries, John’ he grinned, ‘you like any of my records yet?’ ‘I like Foals and Peace, how about you?’ ‘I do like Malevolence, that song I’m About To Break You reminds me of you, cos you like singing along to it driving’ Lucy laughed ‘well, I’m not sure if that’s good or bad, but I’m glad you like something’ ‘In This Moment are awesome too’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need, also I do like Metallica now, Nothing Else Matters’ ‘I’m so proud’. 

Lucy got in bed with him, John grinned seeing her, ‘why do you wear slips?’ ‘I feel pretty in them’ he grinned, ‘you like them’ ‘I really do’ kissing her softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ getting passionate, ‘oh, the things you can do with your mouth, John’ he chuckled, ‘glad you think so’ making love. Lucy smiled waking up with him, ‘what are your plans Johnny?’ he grinned, ‘well, spending time with you’ ‘okay’ ‘do you want kids?’ Lucy looking at him, ‘personally, I’d rather be married to do that, John, and we’re six months in’ ‘no, no, I just didn’t know and I’d love us to have them in the future’ ‘oh, good, well, yes, I do’ laughing together, ‘I agree about the marriage thing, I was thinking of a plan for us instead of each other’ ‘well, I have baseball games to play, I have a couple of soccer matches coming up’ he grinned, ‘that’s it really, work, I’d like us to book a vacation’ ‘I am completely in favour of that’.
 
‘Do you think we should be making plans for us?’ ‘We live together, I think we started, but I do, I want to be with you for the rest of my life’ she smiled, ‘I don’t want to be with anyone else’ she smiled, ‘I like how we work, sometimes it rubs, but we’re human, it’s how we’re supposed to be’ Lucy murmured, ‘you think we shouldn’t always get along’ ‘it’s not very human, John’ laughing a little, ‘we’re different, but I love you for it’ ‘I love you for it, how can I hate the thing that made me love you in the beginning’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he grinned, ‘so holiday’ ‘I was thinking, we met on your birthday, you’ll want to be home for that, but maybe the week after?’ ‘Lucy, my birthday is a Friday, lets go on the Saturday’ ‘are you sure?’ ‘I’m sure’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, it’s a shame it’s your birthday’ ‘I’m not marrying on that day’ ‘I’m glad’.

John worked on some stuff, ‘you and Lucy good’ ‘yeah, always’ ‘I’m glad, you’ve not really changed’ ‘Lucy, says it’s not healthy for two people to be one person, so we try and have our own lives and when we have time together we make it ours, also we’d have nothing to talk about’ he grinned ‘I think Lucy did her thesis on love and how pihlosophers saw it, I’m not surprised yours is unique’ Jared smiled, ‘I love being with her, I think that we value the time we have cos there’s so little of it’ he grinned, ‘you moved in her quickly, I was surprised how fast it was for you’ ‘you don’t know her’ Jared laughing, ‘I know enough to know if she makes you happy, I am’ ‘thank you’ he grinned, ‘we are trying to make future plan now, trying to figure out the years instead of weeks, it’s kind of amazing’ ‘you are’ ‘I am, yeah’ ‘wow’ laughing a little. 

‘Are you okay?’ ‘Just Jared’ ‘okay, what happened?’ Looking over brochures, John explaining, ‘well, we have many faces and the world see us different from who we are, there’s a real dick in philosophy called Lacan and he had sexuations’ John grinned ‘it’s just his perception of you,  we never have a real perception of anyone, no one is truly neutral’ he grinned, ‘you have comforted me, I like the way you are with me’ ‘I like how you are with me, John and I think you’re a good guy, and on the cusp of being a great one’ he grinned as she kissed him, ‘’I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘I think you’re perfect for me, I want us to have a plan’ ‘I like the plan we’re making, let’s do it on vacation’ he grinned kissing her, ‘fine by me’ giggling, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you too, I’m not worried’ ‘me neither now’ ‘good’. 

Lucy sitting on the beach with him months later, John taking her hand, ‘I really want u to be engaged’ Lucy smiled looking at him ‘if you feel like I feel, in finding the right person, then I’m okay with that’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘it’s never dulled or faded, I’ve just loved you more, that’s not normal’ ‘no, no its not’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad we agree’ giggling, ‘wanna buy the ring here in Nassau’ ‘no, I want to buy it back home, if you don’t mind, well, there’s a family ring’ ‘a name and a ring, wow’ John laughing, ‘sorry’ ‘don’t be, it’s fine by me’ he grinned kissing her, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, thank you for asking me’ ‘I can’t believe I’ve gone from being alone to finding my soulmate in a small amount of time’ ‘on Valentines last year, I was really bitter eating ice cream watching The Hobbit’ laughing, ‘this is why I’m marrying you’ heading back to bed. 
-x-
3 years later:-

John grinned, ‘your wife is a doctor, right?’ ‘She has a PhD, he just finished one hundred thousand words on the philosophy of love, which is actually really interesting, well, I thought so’ laughing, ‘it doesn’t surprise me you’d marry someone whose smart as hell’ ‘thank you!’ Being interviewed by fans. Lucy smiled looking in holding Eve, John grinned, ‘Eve and Lucy’ he grinned, ‘her name is an anagram of yours’ ‘that was not intentional, she’s sort of name after a metallica song’ the journalist looking up, ‘to remind me not to mess up like the parents do in that song’ ‘oh, you mean Dyer’s Eve, you’re a metalhead’ ‘it’s the one thing me and John don’t really have in common’ ‘wow, I like how you named your kid’ ‘thank you’ John laughing, ‘you never said’ laughing, ‘I’m looking that up’ John googling, ‘yeah, good idea, we won’t’ giggling together. 

‘That’s daddy singing, he’s really good’ talking to her daughter as they did an acoustic show, John grinned picking her up, ‘can I take her outside’ ‘go on then, but she needs her coat on’ ‘will do’ Lucy helping him with the papoose. ‘She’s adorable’ ‘thank you, this is Eve, my daughter’ ‘such a nice name’ ‘thank you, I like it, I just found out it’s kind of inspired by a Metallica song, my wife loves that terrifying sound’ ‘Dyer’s Eve’ ‘it’s to remind my wife not to do that to ours’ ‘good idea’ ‘metal fans actually like us’ ‘no, no, my best friend made’ John laughing, ‘how I met my wife’ laughing. Lucy grinned, ‘ready’ ‘I’m ready’ taking her hand, heading home together. 
they lived happily.