Status: happy holidays, haley!!!

Strawberry Thoughts

I Just Met

2000


What was interesting about Logan was that he was a total mess when I met him.

I was standing in the checkout line at Hall-Mart when this guy-- take note he was dressed head-to-toe in a bright red and green elf costume with little shame-- tapped my shoulder from behind. Let it be a few days before Christmas, yet I was shocked to see this full grown man in a cheesy elf outfit.

He had asked me where I found the blender I had in my hand. I was so thrown back by his choice of clothes that I forgot to activate my tongue.

I remember clearly that I could not avert my stare because of how tight his leggings were around his legs. In that moment, I carefully assumed this guy was really into the holidays.

I kind of liked his energy, though. He had a goal. He had his mind set on something (weird). He was determined.

But at that point, Logan darted deeper into the store. His pointy hat flopped side to side as he bounced on his two feet. I could’ve swear I heard him mutter something.

Now, I figure the guy was only trying to grab some good deals at Hall-Mart. That blender was popular at the time.

So, after my short time in Hall-Mart, I headed to Tim’s because I heard the store’s home decor department was having a sale. If you know anything about me, then you are fully aware that I’m a sucker for throw pillows and anything in a wooden frame.

After raging through the festive candles and fluffy blankets, I heard the same eccentric footsteps echoing from an aisle away from me.

I curiously popped by head towards the next aisle and to my surprise, I spot the same odd guy with the stupid elf outfit.

I let out a sheepish, school girl laugh before I walked back to my shopping cart. Logan gave me a good laugh that night, all right.