Status: happy holidays, haley!!!

Strawberry Thoughts

Great to See You

2011


“This is the part where I tell you when Logan and I actually started dating.”

I chuckle with the rest of the crowd and flash a toothy smile.

“I have a few thoughts on behalf of my dear husband, Logan. Some of you fresh fruit may call it strawberry thoughts; some of you may call it just thoughts.”

My fingers curl around my little notecard as I look down at my wrinkled hands.

"Logan, everything you need to know is in my heart.”

I hear someone sniff.

“I’m bad with transitions but short story short, Anisa acted like some fairy godparent and matched us together. She’s your modern day Tinder!”

I watch the crowd chuckle, as I try to lift majority of the moods.

I searched the Church for Anisa and spotted her sitting a few rows behind my sisters. Anisa smiled, nodded, sniffed and smiled again.

“She’s now obviously a close friend of mine and Logan’s, so thank you for somehow bringing us together, Anisa.”

I fold my hands onto the podium and level my head with the microphone.

“I miss Logan, as much of all of you do, but let’s be real here,” I let out a small laugh, “I’m going to see him again, so let’s not cry too much over his disappearance.”

I hear some laughs and less sniffs.

I say softly into the microphone, “Logan the Elf is and always will be loved.”

“But tell us the time when you guys finally hooked up!” someone says from the crowd.

At the age of ninety-two years old, I manage to giggle and redden like a schoolgirl.

“Let’s just say he picked the location and it was a very cold time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it, Haley!