Status: I hope you love it!

Long Way Down

Finding Lottie

It’s 5:00 AM and my freakishly startling alarm just woke me up. I roll over wiping the morning grogginess out of my eyes. The next thing I hear is tiny little footsteps coming down the hall. Dragging myself out of bed I throw on a robe and run my fingers through hair as if that will take it. As I expected, I hear faint knocks on the hotel door. Calmly, I get up out of bed and open the door to Lux standing there in a cute little monkey onsite. “How’s my little monkey?” I ask while I bop her on the nose. I give her a smirk and whisk her away to Lou in the room next to me. When Lux and I enter the room Lou is sitting on the sofa talking to someone. When I close the door she turns around and sees us. She quickly motions a blabbing sign with her free hand. “Okay, I will tell her. Uh huh, we’ll be there in an hour. Buh bye.” She puts down the phone. “Sorry she was blabbing forever. That was Linda, the head of the London Fashion Week. She was making sure we were still up to doing the model’s makeup today. She also said not to worry, it may be your first show but she has faith in your work.” Lou explains.

An hour later we walk into a posh lobby. It had crystal chandeliers, marble flooring, and even a grand desk. Nervously sticking by Lou we walk up to the desk and explain who we are. The woman tells us to make a nametag and holds two sharpies in each of her hands. Lottie Tomlinson, I jot down while going back and putting hearts for the I’s. Never in a million years would I have thought this would be my life. I always told myself I wouldn’t live the same day over again for the rest of my life. I wanted to be free and now at the young age of 18 I am. I’m free to be me. Well, and “Louis Tomlinson’s sister.” I know it shouldn’t make me mad but I just want to be known as me, Lottie.

Throwing the thoughts away to the back of my mind I mentally prepare myself to handle what’s coming next. The first model comes in and sits down. She describes the look she wants and I start painting her face. Lou comes up behind me and swiftly snaps a picture. “This is going on Instagram, I’ll tag you.” Lou says. After about 15 more models the show is finally over. Lou and I go back to the hotel. Lux has decided she will be sleeping in my bed tonight and jumps on the bed. We get all snuggled in until I glance over looking at the flowers sitting on the wooden, flimsy office desk. It’s a dozen roses and on the tag it reads “From the boys, but mainly Louis. We are so proud of you and shocked you didn’t mess up. –Love, Liam, Louis, Niall, Harry, and Zayn." I took one more whiff of the roses and fell vastly asleep.