Status: for Magictodo

Give Me Love

one.

The coffee shop had been oddly quiet that night, only a few people wandering in and out, not staying long enough to take up a table. He sat in the corner on a stool, guitar in his lap, quietly strumming along to the music inside his head. It was Christmas Eve, the streets and sky were filled with snow, and he had nowhere better to be than the back corner of a dead coffee shop.

“We’re closing early tonight, Ed,” the girl behind the counter said, giving him a sad smile as if she knew what he was thinking. He nodded in response and sat for a moment, sighing as he reached for his guitar case. The sound of the door chime made him jump and he stopped, looking towards the door as a girl entered.

“I hope you’re not closed yet,” she said, her voice quiet but had a confidence laced through it that caught Ed’s attention. He picked his guitar back up and resumed him strumming, keeping his eye on the girl at the counter. She ordered her drink and waited, not even glancing in his direction. He played a little bit louder and started singing, his voice carrying through the empty room. He smiled as she looked up, squinting her eyes towards the corner he was in.

She walked towards a table that was near him and sat down, keeping her eyes trained on him as he sang. Her fingers rang along he outside of her mug and listened, closing her eyes and swaying to the song. He glanced over at the people behind the counter, their faces expressing how annoyed they were at the fact that someone had decided to sit down. He finished the song and put away his guitar, walking over to the girl who stayed.

“Wanna get out of here?”