Status: for Magictodo

Give Me Love

four.

It was New Years Eve and they had barely spent a minute apart since the day he showed up at her house. They were in his apartment, the small fireplace was crackling and the television was playing something quietly in the background. He wanted to show her his cooking skills, but everything had turned out burnt and they had ordered Chinese food instead.

“I swear that doesn’t usually happen,” he said shyly, still trying to get the smell of burning meat out of his nose. She laughed and shook her head, shoveling a fork full of noodles into her mouth. Broken chopsticks were laying on the ground beside her; “they’re overrated anyways,” she said, deciding that a fork was the best choice.

“It’s 11:59,” he whispered, suddenly a lot closer to her than she was expecting. He could feel his hand on her back and small smile formed on her lips.

“So it is,” she said back, turning towards him. The ticking of a clock somewhere in the background seemed to be getting louder and louder as his lips moved closer and closer to hers. The numbers on the phone below them changed to 12:00 and her senses were overwhelmed by the warmth of his mouth on hers.

“Happy New Year, love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!