Life Is Beautiful

What's It Gonna Be

I survived the long weekend, and I was so ready to just be back in my own bed. I was so excited for the new week to begin, because this week was the week I had been waiting for the week when we finally figured out if we were having a little girl or a little boy. We stopped and got Mingus to spend a few weeks with him. I think he was more excited than we were he kept running up and rubbing my belly and saying that it didn't matter if it was his little sister or brother that he'd love either one. He told me secretly he kinda wanted a sister because that way if anybody said the wrong thing or did anything to her that he'd be able to punch them in the mouth and not feel bad about it.

That night I couldn't sleep. Just the thought of what tomorrow held made me wonder all night long, what if it was a boy or what if it was a girl? I kept telling myself 'I need sleep. This baby needs me to rest and it's not healthy to stay up when this little human needs me for sleep. Plus in a few months sleep would be a thing of the past.' Finally I looked over at the clock and saw it said 3:30 A.M. I had to be up at 9:00 and at the doctors by 10:30. I rolled over and buried my face in Norman's chest and he put his arms around me and I finally felt myself falling asleep. I got woken up in the morning by Mingus yelling 'HURRY UP! HURRY UP!' and I looked over at the clock and it was 8:30 and I ultimately decided to get up, to be honest I couldn't wait for breakfast it seemed the farther along I got the hungrier I became. I ate a little breakfast and got dressed. This was the moment I waited for.

We arrived at the doctors and we sat there for a couple minutes and I just tried to breathe normally. I was so excited for the news, I kind of wanted a little girl, but if I had a boy I'd love him just the same. Everybody around me honestly swore that I was having a girl and it made me happy. To be honest, Norman even wanted a little girl. I could picture him with her and all the wacky adventures they would get into together. I walked calmly, as I could into the office and signed in and breathed in a deep breath. 'Reedus' the nurse called out. I didn't notice at first until Norman was helping me up and then I snapped back into reality. I got asked questions like 'How have you been feeling?' - 'Anything new happen?' and other questions and then the doctor came in and let me see my baby. I started crying and then everybody was trying to calm me down. All of a sudden I heard Mingus ask 'So am I getting a little sister or a brother?' and I spoke up and said 'Could you just write it down on a piece of paper and then on the ride home we could get cupcakes and have them put either blue or pink frosting on them and then we wait til we get home to eat them and see what we're having?' He laughed at me and I said 'What? I'm hungry I can't help it.'

We left and went to go get some cupcakes and Norman's phone rang and he was like 'Hey! How are you? Yeah I'm doing okay just got out of the doctors and fixing to find out what we're having. What? You're coming over? Okay. I'll meet you at the apartment in a few minutes.' I looked at him and he said 'Oh that was Sean he said he wanted to come visit. I hope it's okay.' I smiled and said 'Sure! The more people the better I guess.' 'Alright I'll be right back.' Norman said. A few minutes later he came out with a bunch of cupcakes wrapped up in a nice box and you couldn't tell what color they were. I was getting impatient. We got to the apartment and Sean was standing out by his car and helped me out of the car. We got to the apartment and I was so jittery to figure it out and Norman said 'Wait I want to get a picture of the box before you destroy it' and I said 'Okay but hurry up!' He took the picture and uploaded it to Instagram with the caption 'Here we go... about to find out what we're having!' and I went over and basically ripped open the box and felt tears filling my eyes while I looked at the frosting.. the pink frosting. I was looking at Norman with tears in my eyes and crying and shaking. He took a quick picture and uploaded it with the caption 'IT'S A GIRL! #DaddysLittleGirl #InLove' I handed everybody a cupcake and Mingus whispered in my ear 'I told you I was getting a little sister!' and I hugged him so tightly even though he wasn't mine I was so happy he accepted me and I was so amazed at how adult he was through this whole thing.

After everybody ate most of the cupcakes, I sat on the couch watching whatever seemed interesting. Mingus had curled up next to my belly. Norman gave him some pictures of his little sister and took a picture and posted it with the caption 'My three loves in my life. Plus my son with his little sister. My life is perfect! I'm finally complete!' Later all three of us drifted off to sleep.