Life Is Beautiful

False Alarms

I woke up the next morning curled up beside Norman and wrapped in his arms. I glanced at the clock and noticed it was 10 AM. I nuzzled my face into his chest and I heard him stir in his sleep. I kissed his chest and he almost woke up, and I put my hands on my belly and felt little bumps and I thought maybe she had hiccups. I kept laughing and Norman woke up and asked me what I was laughing at and I told him that it felt weird and he looked at me and said 'I guess it does haha.'

It was late and it was bedtime and I crawled into bed and waited on Norman to get into bed and as soon as he did I began kissing him and pulling at his shirt and he broke the kiss and looked at me and I bit my lip when he asked what I wanted... we went back to it before and I managed to get his shirt off and he pulled my shirt over my head and it went into some of the best sex we had this whole pregnancy.. I tried to suppress my moans. I kinda hoped that since this was kind of rough that something would cause my water to break.. afterwards we collapsed and it didn't work. I fell asleep snuggled up to Norman but some how I woke up to Norman's head on my chest with his mouth open and tongue out.. I glanced down and noticed the marks which I know Norman put there on purpose. I brushed his hair out of his eyes and heard him moan. I then heard a knock on our bedroom door and a voice on the other side say 'Dad?' and the door open slowly... I pushed Norman's head off me and pulled the covers up to my neck making sure everything was fully covered when Mingus walked in. His dad woke up in a groggy state and he said 'Hey dad!' and Norman replied 'Whats up lil man?' rubbing his head trying to get his hair straight. Mingus said 'Can we go to the park today? Like everybody?' Norman replied 'Sure thing buddy we'll leave in a few hours okay?' and he said 'OKAY!' in an excited tone and left the room shutting the door. Norman looked at me as I let my breath out. 'What?' he said and I slightly pulled the covers down to show him one of the marks and to show I didn't have anything on. 'OH!' was all he could say besides 'You think he saw anything? You think he knew?' I shook my head no and said 'He almost walked in... I had to shove your head off before he came in.'

We got ready for the park and I was kinda happy to see somewhere else besides the apartment for a little while. We got there and Norman helped me to a bench and my friend sat down next to me. Norman kissed my forehead and said 'Behave!' I giggled and said 'Okay' with a sigh. I saw Norman and Mingus tossing a football back and forth. I smiled and rubbed my belly, our daughter was being unusually calm today with only a few hard kicks here and there. My friend looked at me and said 'I'm really happy for you. You really deserve this. You and Norman make a cute couple.' I looked at her and said 'Thanks that means a lot to me really.' She acted really weird around me and I asked if anything was wrong and she said 'Oh nothing... haha' I looked at her and said 'What?!' She said 'Oh its nothing forget it haha' I looked at her and said in a serious tone 'What? Tell me!' She said 'Well... I heard everything lastnight.. every word. You guys were really loud lastnight.' I looked in her eyes and saw she was being truthful. I blushed and tried my best to hide my face. I looked over at Norman walking over all sweaty. He saw me and asked if anything was wrong and I said 'Oh nothing... I'll tell you later.'

Later that night we sat down to dinner and we ate. I stayed long after everybody else did, this baby was really hungry tonight. Norman walked over and asked me if I was done with my plate and I shook my head yes. I tried my best to get to the bedroom but I just needed to sit down. Norman walked over and saw me on the couch and asked if anything was wrong. After he saw that I was falling asleep on the couch he said 'Hold on one minute I have to wash the dishes.' After he finished the dishes he picked me up and carried me to the bedroom. I looked at him with sleep in my eyes. He said 'So what was up with you today at the park?' I replied 'Well lastnight my best friend heard everything...which means your son probably heard it to.' He looked at me surprised.

I woke up and went to check my emails and noticed an article with Norman's name and clicked on it. Just because we were dating doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading some of the articles written about him. In big bold letters I read the article's title : Is Norman Reedus engaged? As I read the articles I came across quotes like 'A source close to the couple says this was a real surprise.' 'It happened during the baby shower. He really loves her and she really loves him so they decided to take it to the next level.' I sat there looking at the picture of the promise ring Norman Instagramed and had my hand over my mouth when Norman walked in and asked what was wrong. I showed him the article and he looked at me surprised.

Norman had an interview he was doing from home because he didn't want to leave me for one second. The interviewer was really nice I listened to it as I sat in bed. 'Please welcome the one the only Norman Reedus' the interviewer stated. 'Pleased to be here' Norman stated.

Interviwer: So, you're working hard on several movies and one of the biggest shows on TV right now how does it feel?

Norman: It's surreal. I mean to see so many people tune in each week and that the audience keeps getting bigger and bigger. There's so many parents who tweet me photos of their young kids watching it's amazing.

Interviwer: Speaking of kids, Congrats on the little girl on the way.

Norman: Thanks. It was really amazing coming home from a long weekend away from my girlfriend and surprising her with gifts and she saying she had a surprise for me and brought out about 10 pregnancy tests all reading positive. My son was really on board from the start, he keeps talking to her (girlfriend's) belly asking his sister to stay put until he gets to stay over. Haha.

Interviewer: Very cute. Speaking of girlfriend, word on the street is you finally decided to settle down is this true?

Norman: Well... I think this girl is the one for me I mean from the very start we clicked. There's something there I can tell you that. As far as engagements go... *breathes* I would have to give all the fans a yes awnser.

Interviewer: Amazing. You heard it here first ladies. He's off the market. So we're gonna read some fan questions from Twitter is that alright?

Norman: Sure. Send some my way.

Interviewer: So this person wants to know if you guys have a name picked out for your daughter yet. Kinda personal but we all want to know.

Norman: Well, we talked about it and were going to name her Miracle but we're looking at changing that up. We don't really know yet. We've got a few more weeks to figure this out. If you've got any ideas feel free to tweet them to me.

Interviewer: This other question is about Walking Dead. Do we see Daryl with a love interest this season?

Norman: Well, you'll just have to wait and see. I'm under contract not to spill to much.

Interviewer: Another fan question you probably get a lot now. So when will you be attending conventions again?

Norman: I've wrestled with this for a while now. Ever since we had our first scare with the baby almost dying I kinda took it easy and a few weeks ago we had a major one where we were lucky my best buddy (Sean) in the whole wide world came over and was able to get to the hospital after my girlfriend fell. I'm not doing anything now until my daughter is about 3 or 4 months. If the doctors say she's healthy enough to travel I will probably end up traveling with my family.

Interviewer: Hopefully everything checks out with your girl and daughter. We're wishing you the best. Thanks for joining us.

Norman: So glad to have had the chance. Keep up the great work.

Norman finished the interview and walked over to me. I was crying. 'You said... What? Why?' He looked into my eyes and grabbed my hands and put em over my belly. What you said really stuck with me. Like I said I'm not getting any older. I really love you. You mean the world to me. I know you said you don't love me just because of this baby you were right. All of my other girlfriends didn't get me like you do. We fight and we make up. We always talk about our problems which says a lot about you. If you don't want this I'm not gonna force this upon you. I looked into his eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck and cried. 'YES! YES! YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES! I will marry you!'

The following day it was all over the gossip sites. I couldn't help but smile, I felt like I was dreaming. Norman's phone kept ringing with friends calling to say 'Congrats' and everything. I was a little worried about what Helena would say but she called and was happy. She told me at the baby shower that she really liked me. I was proud to have her blessing at this special time. I didn't understand why Norman chose me to spend the rest of his life with.

I kept 'nesting' and moving stuff from place to place. Some of the items went in the weirdest places. I insisted that the crib be put in the bedroom because I knew I wanted my baby close to me. I kept asking questions about where things should be. I wanted things in one place one day and the next I changed it. I think I annoyed everybody because after moving things back and forth Norman asked me to make up my mind. I also kept taking his keys and putting them in random places.

We both enjoyed our Instagrams and it certainly kept us entertained. We were looking through our feeds and I stopped at the one Sean posted with him and Norman with their hands and heads next to my belly and acting surprised with the caption 'So proud to be in these 2 crazy kids lives. I knew this was a long time coming but I can't wait for them to say their vows and also to see their kids! Congrats you two!' 'I can't believe he posted this haha.' I started reading the comments and noticed some of them were nice and really positive but more were negative and rude. 'She doesn't deserve him. She's a cheater. With them being split for weeks at a time she had to sleep with someone else. He deserves someone better' read one. Another one 'That's definitely not his baby. I don't know who's stupider HER or him. She just needs someone with money to help her raise her child. I can't wait til she's found out.' I broke down and cried I threw my phone to the side, thankfully it didn't fall on the floor. Norman crawled over to me and grabbed me and had me in a hug saying over and over 'Don't listen to them. Trust me all they want is to see you cry. They aren't worth it. I know the truth and they just want to start drama. Please don't cry. Please don't.' I looked at him and he wiped my tears away. I ended up commenting on it saying 'Thanks buddy! We are really thankful for your help all along. Especially for the other day. If you weren't there it could have been more horrible than what happened. Thanks for all you've done. Can't wait for our daughter to meet her uncle! xoxo'

Afterwards Norman posted a photo in celebration with the two of us and our most recent ultrasound photo with the caption 'I have decided to settle down and couldn't choose anybody else to spend my life with. I've got a beautiful wife to be. A handsome son. A beautiful daughter who is due within a few weeks! I'm one lucky guy. Best wishes!' I started laughing at he asked what happened and I said 'That was really cheesy. But I love you no matter what.' He smiled and kissed me. He looked down at my belly and asked 'So when do you think she's going to get here? Tomorrow? Next week?' I looked down and said 'We're on her time now. It's not about us anymore. Whenever she wants to show her little face as much as we want it soon she'll make that choice soon.' He looked at me and said 'Why do you always have to say inspirational stuff like that all the time. You make me emotional when you do that.' 'Well, I'm sorry I try to stay positive plus I need you to be strong during this time.' I said. He grabbed up my book I was reading about pregnancy and noticed I had a few pages marked. 'Why are these marked?' He asked opening to the ones that had the paper. 'Eh just because they are important and some of them I need to read a little bit more on. Plus some I needed you to read.' He opened one about the do's and don't do's after. 'I know most of these things I do have a son remember' he said. 'Just need to refresh your brain since a lot goes on in there.' I said as I pushed his head. He flipped through again and read the part about sex during pregnancy and everything. 'Seriously? You want me to read this? Haha. You trying to tell me something?' I shook my head and tried not to laugh. He put the book down and attacked me with tickles. 'Stop....please...' I managed to get out as I laughed. 'Nope. You asked for it.' Norman said. 'Stop... I'm gonna...pee myself if you don't stop.' I yelled. Norman let me up and I grabbed a pillow off the bed and hit him with it. 'Now whos in control?! Haha.' I said as I leaned down on the bed.

That night we ate left overs since nobody in the house could be bothered to cook. I managed to find stuff that I wanted to eat. I ate a more than I ate the previous day. I finished after everybody else. I carried my dish to the sink and put the dish down. I leaned on the counter and my friend looked over at me and started asking 'Whats wrong?!' I looked at her with a worried look in my eyes. 'Oh nothing she just kicked really hard. She hasn't kicked this hard in a while.' My friend helped me to a chair. Norman came in and ran over to me asking my friend what happened. She explained what happened. Norman asked if I needed to go to the hospital and I shook my head no and let out a light gasp. She stopped kicking as hard as she was but kept kicking. I wished she'd get here soon because I loved her but she kept hurting me. I looked at the clock and saw it was about 9 PM. I asked Norman if he could carry me to bed maybe if I lay down she'd stop. We got ready for bed and I laid in bed crying. Norman got of the bed and picked me up and said 'Come on we're going to the hospital.' I looked at him and told him 'I'm not crying because of her. Its just I keep thinking about that stuff those fans said it keeps playing in my mind.' 'Don't worry about them. They don't know what is going on in our lives. Think about all the positive things not negative.' He wrapped his arms around me and I fell asleep. He was my knight in shining armor.