‹ Prequel: Chandlier

Cherry Lips

Seven

Landon woke with a smile on her face, stretching before rolling closer to Jason. He lifted his arm and she scooted in beside him, laying her head on his chest. He kissed her hair.

“Good morning.”

“Mmm,” Landon murmured in return.

A moment later, Monty jumped onto the bed, dancing around their entangled legs before coming up to sit on Jason's chest, meowing loudly. Landon giggled.

“I think he wants you to feed him.”

“He's your cat.”

“He loves daddy though,” she teased.

Jason groaned. “I think I hate my nickname.”

She laughed. “Not what you said last night.”

“Different context,” he replied.

She leaned up to kiss his cheek before sitting up and Jason grabbed for her, pulling her back down to him. “Don't leave me; I'm still sad. I need comforting.”

“Your season has been over for two weeks; you can't keep using that as an excuse.”

“Sure I can; I'm adorable.”

Landon's laughter filled the room as she got out of bed and walked out to the kitchen. Jason pouted a minute before following her. She was putting food out for Monty when he walked in and he leaned against the wall to watch her straighten, the hem of her shirt brushing the top of her thighs.

“You look damn good with my name on you,” he finally spoke.

Landon turned to face him. “You're an egomaniac who branded me. The first thing you accidentally left behind here was this shirt because you knew I'd end up sleeping in it.”

“No, I just like you wearing team colors, I swear.”

“Liar.”

“Maybe,” he allowed with a sly grin. “What's for breakfast?”

“You ask that as if I'm going to make something. If you wanted a girlfriend who can cook, you should have stolen Cam from Ty, or gotten her to introduce you to one of her classmates.”

“Good thing I love my girlfriend who can't cook.”

She walked over to him and kissed him. “I love you too, Demers.”

“Get dressed; I'm taking you out for breakfast.”

“Or, we could go back to bed, help each other undress, and get brunch after awhile,” she teased, skimming her fingers just under the waistband of his pajama pants.

“I like the way you think, Landy,” he replied as he grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the bedroom.

~*~*~


As summer neared it's end, Jason and Landon packed up one last time to visit Jason's hometown before the season started. They spent three days with his family before continuing on to British Columbia for Jamie and Avery’s wedding.

When they got to the hotel they were staying at, they ran into Tyler and Camryn in the lobby. The two girls hugged and immediately began to chat about what they had been up to all summer. Jason checked them in as the two girls disappeared into the hotels bar.

“Good summer?” Tyler asked as Jason collected their luggage and headed towards the bank of elevators.

“Very good,” he grinned. “You?”

“Pretty great.”

“Party boy Tyler Seguin all domestic, aww,” Jason teased.

“Shut up,” he laughed, shoving him. “You're one to talk; haven't you been living with Lando all summer?”

“You know she hates it when you call her that.”

“I know. But seriously, everything worked out okay staying with her?”

“Yeah; I'm gonna live there this season too. No point me renting a place when I know I'm gonna want to be with her.”

“Now who's domestic?”

Talk turned to the upcoming training camp as they reached the room and left Jason and Landon's things before heading back downstairs to find the girls. They weren't surprised to find them side by side at the bar, heads bent close together and giggling.

Landon looked up first and smiled at the approaching men. Jason took a seat beside her and Tyler stood behind Camryn. “Cam was telling me about some of the adventures she had with Ty and Michael this summer.”

“Did you keep them out of trouble?” Jason asked.

Cam laughed. “Tyler and Mikey are like two hyperactive toddlers; there is no controlling them.”

“We were not that bad,” Tyler spoke up.

“It was a really fun summer,” Camryn told them. “And I won't mind having Michael for a roommate again next summer. At least then I can continue to try and improve his life choices in women.”

They decided to get lunch and set out for a nearby restaurant together before driving to meet Jamie, Avery, Jordie, Stella closer to their homes. They sat around on the deck of Jamie and Avery's home, talking, drinking, and laughing over their summers and other memories.

Towards the end of the night, Avery turned to Jason with a serious expression. “Demers,” she said sternly.

Jason sat up straighter and saluted her. “Croft,” he replied in the same tone.

“For two more days,” Jamie spoke up.

Her face broke and she giggled. “Almost Benn,” she smiled. “Now shut up all of you; I have a serious question for Jason.” She cleared her throat and looked him in the eye. “Is there a flesh colored body suit in your luggage that I need Landon to confiscate?”

Everyone burst out in laughter and Jason flushed. He had expected some ribbing from his teammates and friends after the video from the summer before of him and three other guys performing a “dance” at a friends wedding reception in body suits but he thought that was now forgotten.

“There are no flesh colored body suits in my luggage.”

“But there is in mine,” Tyler added cheekily.

There was fresh laughter as Avery buried her head in her hands. “I wouldn't put it past you, Seguin.”

“One for me, and one for Jamie. It was supposed to be a surprise.”

“Oh hell no! You two better not be planning anything of the sort.”

“You don't want to see me in almost all of my glory?”

“I've seen you in very close to all of your glory Mr. Body issue; I don't need the reminder. And while I think Jamie would be an excellent subject for the same, I don't intend on ever sharing him with the world. Only I get all that glory.”

“You and twenty five dudes in a locker room,” Jordie grinned slyly. “Besides, everyone knows I'm obviously the better choice for the body issue in this family.”

“I actually don’t disagree with that,” Avery replied thoughtfully.

“Stop checking out my Benn and stick to your own,” Stella said, slapping her sister's arm.

“Jamie can't grow a beard like that though, Stels. Besides, you told me at your wedding that Jamie was hot.”

“I did not! I said he was cute. And you were the one checking him out.”

“And? A handsome guy in a tux was playing with your kid. It was kind of sexy.”

“Tell me again why you shot me down at my place that night then,” Jamie interrupted.

“Because Jamie, you were my sisters new husband's baby brother and that was inappropriate. Also I wanted to hate you a lot. I still think Jordie is the better choice for the body issue if it were between the two of you but I’d put Val in before either of you anyway.”

Landon and Camryn sighed nearly in unison before all four women began to giggle.

“Really?” Tyler spoke up. “Val?”

“You called him dreamy once,” Avery pointed out and Tyler flushed.

“He’s a good looking kid,” he said.

“He’s a very good looking kid,” Landon added. “Very.”

“Those shoulders,” Camryn smiled and the others murmured in agreement.

“So note to self, don’t leave your wife or girlfriend alone with the baby faced Russian,” Jordie said.

“I definitely have a better beard than Jordie,” Jason pouted.

“Aww, baby, it’s adorable,” Landon said, affectionately patting his cheek. “Jordie’s is just manlier.”

“You know who should be in the next body issue,” Stella started. “Tom Wilson. That cupcake is delicious. And if he showed up in a flesh colored body suit tomorrow, I wouldn't be mad at that.”

“And on that note,” Jordie said as he rose to his feet, “we are out.” He pulled Stella out of her seat and easily lifted her over his shoulder. Stella squealed. “See you guys tomorrow.”

“Bye!” Stella called out as Jordie started away. He set her down when they were a few feet away and they watched as Stella pressed into him and kissed him and Jordie dipped her back. There was whistling and catcalling until Jordie flipped them off and the pair disappeared.

“Those two probably have the right idea though,” Tyler said. “Big day tomorrow.”

“And you need your beauty sleep,” Avery smiled slyly.

“This comes naturally, baby, but Jamie definitely needs his beauty sleep.”

“Yeah, all that hair grease takes work,” she giggled. “But you’re right, Ty, you all gotta go. I’m getting married tomorrow.”

Everyone stood and the girls hugged, whispering amongst themselves as the guys helped Jamie collect some of the empty bottles to throw away before they all headed inside. On the ride back to their hotel, Landon reached across the console and grabbed Jason’s hand that rested there.

“I love you, Demers.”

He looked over and smiled at her, lifting her hand to his lips and pressing a soft kiss there. “Love you too, Landy.”

“I’m glad I met you.”

“Me too.”

“And you’re sure about us moving in together?”

“You’re not?”

“No, I am. I’m just making sure.”

“No place else I’d rather be, I promise,” Jason swore, tracing an X over his heart.

“Okay, good. Because I don’t want you anywhere else.”

“You're stuck with me.”

“Good, I like that.”

“Me too. Landy and Daddy forever.”

She giggled and unbuckled, leaning over to kiss his cheek. “Landy and daddy forever,” she agreed with a smile.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for coming along on the ride and thank you all who have been commenting. I'm trying not to let work drama affect me but it's definitely been stifling me a bit creatively recently. I'm gong to see the Sharks play tomorrow (Paulie!!!) so I will most likely be back next week with a new Tessa and Paul story. :)

Subscribe to this story if you liked it and want to keep reading in my Stars Universe. I've been working on a Cody Eakins story as well as a Patrick Sharp one to continue with these characters. I'll post it as a sequel to this one when one of them is done.