Story of a Blooming Wallflower

Chapter two: homcoming game

when I got to the game I was late it was already the fourth quarter we were winning 28 to 14. I sat down in a random spot by myself. I looked around noticing everything when I saw Patrick from first period he was the jokester helping make the freashmen feel more comfortable, so I decided I'd try talking to him I walked up and sat next to him. "Hi" he said "your from science right"? Ya first period. "So hi again I'm Patrick if you didn't already know that" he said with a wave of his hand. " I'm Charlie" I hear a voice and Patrick is talking back. I look over to see a guy with a dirtyish blond hair almost light brown with bright blue eyes like my own tall but not really tall. He walked over to us and I scooted over along with Patrick and he sat down. "Who's this"? He asked pointing to me. "This is Charlie we have science together". "Oh hey Charlie i'm Evan Patrick's step brother". "Um hi" I said in a shish tone, so do you want to go to a party with us after the game he asked as Patrick jumped up screaming which I'm guessing it means we won. " ya sure I'd love too. With that note the crowd from the audience ran to the nearest exit at impeccable speed. We got into their truck it was a antique it was a old Chevy pickup maybe from the 70s or 80s, but what do I know about cars. When we got in Evan kept asking me questions like what kind of music I like, or like how I like being a freshmen. Then there car stereo blasted "What I Know" by Parachute, And Evan freaked out he opened the window and stuck his arms out. In that moment I wasn't that anxious girl anymore I was me really me. I guess Patrick was staring at me because he started laughing like he could see in my face that I've never felt this way before. As we pulled into the driveway to the party I noticed it wasn't like a popular party it was more mellow then that like you could be free here. When I walked in I also realized the people were different too which was good I could be accepted. "Hey Charlie go sit over on the couch". The couch already had two occupants besides me. "Oh and Charlie that is Marlee and Alexa". Then we were alone together. "Hey" I said. "Hey so your a freshmen'? "Ya". "How does it feel to be at your first party being around all us seniors"? "It's a little weird but it's fun". This random girl walks right in front of me and sits on the floor with a crooked smile looking a little dazed. "Hi" she said very slowly "Hi" I said back a little weirded out. "I'm Dylan" she said. "I'm", but before I could finish she finished for me "your Charlie". "Yup that's me" I said in a tone way to perky for my own liking. "Want this" she asked with a smile with her arm stretched out I saw it was a brownie. "Yes" I said way to fast, but I haven't eaten anything all day and I was starving. of course I wasn't smart enough to realized why she acted that way, and there was a secret ingredient in the brownie that I didn't figure out in time before I scarfed it down and I stared to feel funny like I was way to relaxed, and I could say anything with no consequence. When Evan came up to me I said "hi" with a goofy expression on my face. " You have pretty blue eyes like me" I said with a laugh "Are you high"? He asked "no i would never" I said with my eyes glazed over, "but I did have a yummy brownie from Dylan she's nice". "Oh god what have you done" he said. Patrick came over. "What's going on"? "Dylan got him high". "You alright Charlie"? Patrick asking " amazing, but I would love a smoothie ya a smoothie sounds really good right now" "ok Charlie coming right up". As Evan made me a smoothie I got a little to open and started talking about my best friend who died last year in a accident, Then how I lost my twin Emerson. "Ya she was amazing we were like one on our 9th birthday we were playing in the park waiting for our house was ready for us to celebrate our birthday when a car drove by and shot up the park and now she's gone". I looked at Evan he was stairing at me with sad eyes, and that's when I relized I had said way to much. He walked away for a minute to Patrick, and when he came back I thought they were done with me but boy was I wrong.