Sequel: Did You Mourn?
Status: I choose Captain America's side to win the war! (Sorry Tony - don't kill me.)

Who Is the Man Behind the Machine?

On February 20,1917, I was born with a birthmark on my left forearm that formed the blotchy numbers of 1000. I didn't think much of it until the first time I died and the numbers turned to 999, after the accident, I knew my life wouldn't be the same ever again.

Follow me down the path that takes me from Nome, Alaska to Washington D.C. all in search of answers to the man who is looking to kill me. After all, I'm not exactly immortal, but, damn it, I try to be.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I've been told I used a couple weird words in the story, so, here's the explanation to those words:

A Hitter is a term I was found while watching the TV show "Leverage" it's a person who knocks out (or, at times, kills) targets for those that hire them to retrieve an item for their Client, or, just for themselves. A Grifter is a man or woman who makes up a false identity to steal information, art, or, anything worth having before they drop the identity and disappear without a trace.

Also, the story is, now, up to Contest Rules. Sorry about that, but, I actually like this new look.

P.S. So tots not sorry for the story length *heart

For this Contest: A Diffrent Kind of Contest

Words: 5,496

I don't own Captain America, Winter Soldier, or anything else dealing with real life places or the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I, do, own my character.