Status: This is a work in progress using characters annd a setting from an epic videogame

Dysfunctional

Where it all began

"Rita!!!" The shout rang through the forest, bouncing off of trees and scaring nearby birds.. A small teen sitting inside a treehouse heard the yell and ignored it, her art was currently much more important than whatever those bozos had in mind for her. Glasses pushed up to the bridge of her nose and music blaring from the speakers she'd dragged up there, she was in her element. Smudging a small bit of charcoal, Rita's eyes brightened as a certain song started bumping through the speakers.

Icona Pop's "Emergency" started blaring and Rita couldn't help herself as she jumped to her feet and started dancing around like her life depended on it. She was having so much fun despite thee cramped area, and she was actually happy with the simple activity until that bubble was burst by shouting coming from right outside of thee treehouse.

"Rita! Rita I know you're up there so don't try to ignore me!"

Rita's eyes rolled at the sound of her aunts voice.

'Oh gosh...just shoot me now...please..' She looked up and prayed a quick prayer for strength before she poked her head out of a small window, and there she was. Her aunt was by no means pretty, skinny, or any other flattering terms. She was short, fat, and had a face that could curdle milk, but she acted and somehow believed that everyone thought of her as so beautiful, it was sad really.

"What do you want?" Rita hissed as she narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"Hey! Don't you take that tone with me young lady, I can make sure that you sleep up there!" She threatened, pointing a finger up at Rita. The teen groaned and couldn't help her eyes rolling as she mumbled to herself.

"Whatever, sometimes I can't help but wonder if that would be an improvement Lisa."

"What was that?"

Rita groaned and faceplanted on the small window sill.

"Nothing Lisa! Gah!" She growled, wanting nothing more than for the idiot to shut up.

I'm your Aunt and you will call me that Rita. I came out here to tell you to set the table and then go do the rest of your chores, or did you already forget about them?" The short portly woman taunted.

"You'd never let me forget." Rita murmured before pulling herself back inside the treehouse. Lisa continued to yell at her from outside but Rita just continued to turn up the volume on her music to drown her out until she couldn't hear the annoying windbag anymore. Rita shrugged, thankful she'd gone back inside and finally left the teen in peace.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on in the afternoon, Rita easily walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of milk. As she walked in, she saw Lisa and Kyle sitting at the dinning table talking but ignored them as she headed for the fridge. Grabbing a large glass, Rita filled it to the brim with milk before turning and heading to go back outside.

"Rita don't take another step."

She kept walking and drinking her milk even as she heard a chair scrape back from the table.

"Rita stop!"

She ignored him only for a hand to clamp down on her shoulder and yank her around, spilling her milk all over the place. Mentally berating herself for not being more aware she went to say something when Kyle interrupted her.

"Rita Thompson I said stop!"

Something similar to a feral yowl escaped Rita as she stomped down on his foot and punched him in the chest, knocking him back from her.

"Rita Thompson!" Lisa shrieked before Rita blew up.

"No! I am not a Thompson so don't you DARE call me that infernal name!"

Kyle glared and pointed a finger at Rita, "Listen here you little brat, you're a part of this family whether you like it or not." He growled.

"No, this isn't a family, it's a prison." She narrowed her eyes.
"My family was with my parents who loved me and actually cared about me, they were my family. Not you sorry excuses. I'm not a Thompson, I never was a Thompson, and I. Will. Never. Be a Thompson! So get that through your thick skulls!" Rita yelled, feeling her anger grow by the minute.
"You've mistreated me, you've used me, you've even abused me!" Se could feel tears pricking at the corners of her eyes but she let her anger evaporate them as she barreled on.
"Legal documents might say that you creeps are my blood, but that doesn't mean squat. You don't even understand the real meaning of family."

Lisa raged, "I'll call the cops on you for assault and battery!"

Rita snorted, "Do it, I dare you. But it won't be me that gets carted off to the county jailhouse."

"You're a minor Rita, who's testimony do you think they're going to believe?" Kyle taunted.

A dark smirk crawled it's way onto Rita's face. "Mine, because I have proof. Every nail scratch, belt welt, scar and bruise are all the testimony they're going to need. Those don't just happen from falling down the stairs." She couldn't help but snicker as both adults faces paled considerably.

"You little beast, if you so much as-"

"Ah ah ah!" Rita 'tsked'.
"You wouldn't want jailtime to muck up that pretty little record of yours now would you?" Rita taunted before shaking her head.
"My life has been made miserable because of you two, consider this just a small form of payback." She chuckled sourly before tossing the glass into the sink, deriving some pleasure from them as the two cringed from the sound of glass shattering. Rita huffed at them before heading outside again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that was chapter two! Hope you guys liked it! Let me know what you think and even if you'd like I'm always open to ideas!