Eternal Thirst

Chapter Fifteen;

"Hey Sam, it's me. Just...leaving another message on how today was not a good day. I know what you're doing, and I know that you think you're going the right thing but... I miss you. And I really wish you were here. We need each other. We need to be together, Sam. We're inseparable, us. And that is why I'm not going to stop calling you, until you pick up the phone, and I hear your voice and you tell me that you're going to help me...fix it. Because I am not going to give up on us."

Sam pulled the phone away from his ear, staring down at it for a long time, Skylinn's voice still echoing in his ears. He pressed his thumb down hard in the center, causing the glass to shatter and the phone to bend inwards. He tossed it onto the table in front of him, picking up his beer and taking another sip.

"Wow, someone must have really pissed you off."

Sam glanced up, rolling his eyes. "Leave me alone, Jewels."

Jewels ignored him, sitting across from him and tucking a piece of her dark brown hair behind her ear. "Don't be so snappy. What's with you? We haven't seen you back at the pack in over a week. And where’s that brother of yours at?"

Sam glanced up at her, his brown eyes locking onto her green ones. “He took another job. I stayed here so I could learn more. I’m not part of your pack, Jewels. You guys helped me figure out what I am, great. But I'm not one of you."

Jewels pursed her lips, nodding slowly as if to herself. "Okay, sure." She reached forward, taking his beer from him and pressing it to her own lips, winking at him as she finished it. "Wanna get out of here?"

Sam glared at her, "No. You owe me another drink."

Jewel's rolled her eyes, "Always so tense. I like that about you."

When he didn't answer she stood up, walking over and taking him by the arm. "C'mon, let's go."

Sam groaned as she pulled him to his feet, tossing a few bills onto the table and leading him out the door. She practically skipped as she pulled him along with her, every so often glancing over at him. "So what do you want to do?"

Sam glanced down at her, She was about half a head shorter then him, no where near as short as Skylinn was. "Nothing."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "you're in the city of San Diego! A city of light and fun! Can't you just enjoy it?"

Sam ignored her and kept walking, licking his lips as he thought. He was enjoying it. In fact, this was probably one of the best places he has ever been in his entire life. He was starting to love this city, the music and the culture. And he only wanted to spend it with her.

"Let's go get drunk!" Jewels announced, shaking him out of his trance. The sun was just starting to set as she led him to a small bar, a smile on her face. She pushed open the double wooden doors and Sam crinkled up his face when the smell of sweat and booze entered his nose. Jewels didn't seem to mind as she lead him over towards the bar, ordering them both drinks as they sat down.

"What's your story, wise guy?" Jewels took their drinks from the bar tender, sliding his over to him. "You just show up outta nowhere, a new wolf pup just trying to figure out where he belongs."

Sam grumbled, taking his drink off the counter and taking a huge sip. "That's it. I just wanted to figure out what I was."

Jewels sipped at her drink, "Yeah, I don't buy it. See, when you had come to us you had already changed once. So you knew what you were."

"I didn't know everything."

"True," Jewels pulled the olive out of her drink with a toothpick, bringing it to her lips and holding it between her teeth for a moment before chewing. "But, you've been with us for almost three months, pup. And you haven't told us anything about yourself besides your name."

Jewels rested a hand on his knee, causing Sam to glance up at her, her eyes glinting at him. "I want to know more."

Sam stared at her, his face blank. Finally, he sighed, "What do you want to know?"

Jewels smiled dangerously, "Everything."

Sam finished off his drink, "That's not very specific."

Jewel's rolled her eyes, "Fine. How old are you?"

“Nineteen."

"Only nineteen?"

Sam rolled his eyes, "What does that have to do with anything?"

Jewels shrugged, "You just look older is all."

"I got big fast."

"I can tell." Jewels let her eyes trail down his body, snapping back up to his face when he spoke. "Is that all?"

Jewels flipped her hair over her shoulder, leaning against the bar. "What do you like to do for fun?"

Sam stared down at his drink, twirling the olive around with his toothpick. "I don't do fun, not anymore."

Jewels bit her bottom lip, "That's boring. There's gotta be something you like to do."

Sam pressed his lips together in a thin line, "Nope. I'm an emotionless blob."

Jewels giggled, reaching forward and taking his hand in hers. "Let's dance."

Sam resisted at first but she pulled him out onto the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck, rocking her body back and forth in sexy, quick motions. Sam's hands stayed by his side, making the pair look very awkward to the others on the dance floor. Jewels reached up, brushing his hair out of his eyes, her eyes darting down to his lips. Sam felt extremely awkward as she grinded against him, and he kept his gaze on the floor. Suddenly Jewels stood on her toes, pressing her lips to his.

Sam scrambled backwards, shoving her away in the process. "What the hell?!"

Jewels laughed, moving into him again, her lips centimeters from his. "C'mon, don't you wanna have a little fun."

She ran her hands across his chest, down his toned stomach and hooked her fingers through his belt loops, winking at him. Sam fidgeted uncomfortably, stepping away from her and moving her hands away from him, placing them by her sides. "Okay stop touching me like that, that's weird and kinda frightening."

Jewels stared at him, her mouth forming around an 'oh' and she placed her hands on her hips. "Ahhh, I see what's going on here."

Sam rolled back his shoulders uncomfortably, "What? If you're trying to say that I'm gay-"

"No, no." Jewels giggled, biting her lips and smiling at him. "You've imprinted."

Sam raised an eyebrow at her, "Imprinted? What's that, some kinda illness?"

Jewels laughed again, "You could call it that. When a Lycan imprints, they become unconditionally bound to that someone for life. Sorta like love at first sight. Though, it doesn’t have to just be love. It can be an honorable friendship, eternally bound to that person. For whatever they need you to be, you become that."

Sam stared at her, "Uh huh. Okay, you're crazy."

"No, no I'm not." Jewels folded her arms across her chest, "Who'd you imprint on?"

Sam pinched the bridge of his nose, "I don't know? How the hell am I supposed to know that?"

Jewels nodded, "This could be a problem. Come with me."

She offered him her hand to which Sam just stared at it. Jewels rolled her eyes, "I'm going to take you to someone who can tell us who you've imprinted on, genius."

Sam opened and closed his mouth, "Alright, lead the way."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Sam blinked his eyes open, squinting as they adjusted to the low light. He glanced around the room, realizing he was in a small flower shop. He spotted Jewels a few feet away, and he tried to move towards her but he couldn't. He struggled against himself, "What is this? Why can't I move?"

"There's no point in doing that, sweetheart."

Sam looked up, spotting a dark skinned women with white hair walking around the shop, picking up herbs in her hands. "I put a paralysis spell on you, not permanent but we can't have you thrashing about during this."

Sam groaned, pulling at his hands, trying to will them to move. He was hovering flat on his back on a wooden table, his arms spread wide. "What are you doing with me?"

"We're finding out who you imprinted on, remember?" Jewels answered, standing up. Her eyes scanned over Sam's body and he seemed to just now realize he was shirtless. He felt extremely exposed as Jewels let her eyes travel down his body multiply times, rolling her bottom lip between her teeth. "Go ahead, Gloria."

The dark skinned woman -Gloria- stepped forward, taking a small knife and slicing open Sam's wrist. Sam yelped, trying to pull away but his body wouldn't move. "What the hell are you doing?!"

His blood dripped into a silver glass, Gloria walking around him as it did so. "Just gotta get the information out of your pretty little head." She ran the knife along his other wrist, blood staining the steel. Sam winced, tilting his head back and yelling again.

"Feel that?" Gloria asked, walking away and grabbing a few more herbs. "That's your essence. It helps me make a better connection. Though herbs help too."

She started naming off a few, all the while ignoring the groans of pain coming from Sam. "Sage, Witch-hazel," She walked over towards him, rubbing an herb all over her hands. "But my personal favorite, Wolfsbane."

She placed her hands down on Sam's chest, sending a burning pain through his body and he cried out, gritting his teeth hard as he tried to move. Jewels stared between Sam and Gloria though she remained rooted to the spot.

"Just let go, honey." Gloria whispered as she replaced her hands on his chest again. "That's it." Sam cried out again but this time it sounded more weak and Gloria tilted her head back, closing her eyes.

"There's a girl with striking blue eyes..." Gloria pressed harder down on him and Sam whimpered. "She's standing on a lake shore, wrapped in a deep red blanket..."

Sam closed his eyes, forcing himself to relax as he listened to Gloria talk. "You love her...you'd do anything for her, and you have. There's a lot of darkness, a lot of guilt."

Vision's flashed through Sam's head like a movie screen, memories. He heard a horrifying scream and Skylinn's face flashed into view, her eyes rimmed red from crying. Sam felt his heart clench as he heard her scream again and this time the vision was clear as day. She was tied to a chair in a dark cellar room, her head drooped forward as if she didn't have the strength to hold it up anymore. Suddenly the room filled with sunlight and Skylinn let out a blood curling scream, the light burning her skin.

"Skylinn!"

Sam yelled her name so loud it shocked both Gloria and Jewels and he toppled over onto the floor, having broken the spell keeping him bonded. He glanced around quickly, as if he'd see her there. "Where is she?!"

"No one's here, Sam!" Jewels grabbed onto his shoulders, shaking him roughly. "It was just a vision."

Sam glanced around wildly, his eyes widening as he ran a hand through his sweaty brown hair. "S-She's in trouble."

Gloria started packing up her things, as if she didn't have a care in the world. "Then go help her, honey."

Jewels eyes went wide at Gloria's words and she gripped onto Sam's arm. "We don't know that. I-It could just be an old memory or something-"

"No." Sam said sharply, spotting his shirt on a near by table and grabbing it, wrenching his arm out of Jewels grip. "It was defiantly real."

"What are you going to do?" Jewels asked, already dreading the answer.

Stefan pulled his shirt over his head, not even glancing back at Jewels as her pulled out his phone, quickly dialing Dean’s number.

"I'm going back."