Eternal Thirst

Chapter Three;

"Just another day in the world we live."

As Sam strode up the hill side, the luminous lights beamed at him, glowing brighter and brighter the closer he got. Along side the path he could hear the cracking of the fire wood and he smelt the ash burn, illuminating the pathway in the dark while is flickered all the colors of hell.

Sweltering bodies crowded the enclosed space, their hips gyrating in emphasis with the pulsating music which was reverberating around the open air. 
Zach stood beside him, running a hand through his hair nervously. "Geez, I didn't think this many people would show up to this sort of thing. Anyways, I'm gonna go--" But he was interrupted by Lyra grabbing him by the arm, pulling him out onto the makeshift dance floor. Sam chuckled, glancing around before he spotted Skylinn leaning against a tree, a figure in front of her. Sam narrowed his eyes, shaking his head as he made his way over towards her from the crowd. 

"Yeah, we should hang out sometime."

Skylinn giggled, "yeah, that sounds fun."

The boy in front of her shot her a toothy grin, and only then did she seem to realize who she was flirting with. Just before she was about to make a beeline for the dance floor, Sam appeared behind the boy, grabbing him by the shoulder and spinning him around. The boy stumbled, the cup of beer in his hand sloshing violently. "Hey man! Chill out!" He eyes seemed to finally focus on Stefan and they grew wide, "I-uh-"

"Beat it." Sam growled, his eyes narrowing dangerously. The boy held up his hands, turning and winking at Skylinn before he stumbled away. Sam was still glaring in the boys direction when he felt her hand on his arm and he turned, his anger melting away at her simple smile. 

Skylinn sighed, keeping her hand looped through Sam’s. "Thanks for that, I couldn't get him to leave."

Sam glared again in the direction the boy had left, "yeah, he seemed like a first class jackass."

Skylinn giggled, pulling Sam’s arm with her as she started to walk away. "C'mon, I wanna get another drink."

She half dragged him over to where someone had set up a table full of food and beer. Skylinn waved at some random girl before reaching forward and grabbing two beers out of the cooler, passing on to Sam.

Sam chuckled, setting his beer on the table and picking up a glass of water. "I think i'll stay sober tonight. Someone has to drive you home. Plus, I thought you didn't like beer?" Sam watched as she popped opening the top of her beer and took a long chug of it. Skylinn tossed her now empty beer bottle over Sam’s head, laughing when it smashed against a tree. "Sometimes I get boring."

Sam chuckled, taking a sip from his water while he reached down and grabbed a handful of chips. Skylinn had already picked up his discarded beer, lifting it high into the air and laughing before bringing it to her lips and taking a long sip.

"Do you wanna dance?" Skylinn wiggled her eyebrows at Sam hopefully. Stefan shook his head, muttering around a mouthful of chip. "I don't dance you know that."

"What's the point of coming to a party if you wont even dance?" Skylinn complained, glaring unabashed at the man stuffing himself beside her.

Sam sat on one of the many white plastic chairs, ushering her down into the chair next to him. "When does your dad get back from Japan?" He asked Skylinn, giving her a gleaming smile as he did so.

Skylinn finished off the rest of her second beer, tossing the now empty bottle to the ground. "Why do you keep asking me that same question?"

Sam shrugged, "it seems to be bothering you is all."

Skylinn's eyes fell and Sam stuttered to change the subject, "um, oh I know! How about we have a slumber party? Like how we used to when we where little? Remember those? We used to have those all the time, just you and me.”

Skylinn laughed, "yeah, those where awesome. We used to always make pillow forts and stay up late watching all of the Jaw's movies even though we weren't supposed too."

Sam laughed at the memory, "I remember it took me forever to get back into your pool. Let alone the lake." Sam’ eyes scanned the small forest and lake clearing. Despite the usual effect night holds on a hangout, the place looked pretty safe and boring. Sam knew, however, that looks could be deceiving. Dean had taught him that.

Zach and Lyra pushed their way through the sea of seniors, coming to stand in front of Skylinn and Sam. "I thought I'd never get out of there!" Zach huffed, grabbed a beer from the table a opening it. Lyra shot him a glance but quickly changed the subject, "have you guys seen Michael or Emma?"

Skylinn shook her head, reaching over and taking Sam’s water from him. "Not since we got her two hours ago, are you sure they didn't just go back to your house?"

Lyra shook her head, turning and scanning her eyes over the crowd. "I don't know. I haven't seen them recently."

Skylinn shrugged her shoulders, "it's a party. They'll be fine. It's not like their off making out somewhere, they are best friends."

Sam shot her a glance, "things can change. Even for best friends." He kept his gaze on Skylinn for a moment before turning to look up at Lyra, who gave him a sad smile. "I'm going to go look for them. What are you guys doing?"

Sam rolled back his shoulders, "we're about to leave. We're going to go hang out at her house for awhile."

"Okay well, text me if you need anything."

"Will do."

Sam pushed himself to his feet as Lyra and Zach disappeared into the crowd, turning and offering his hand to Skylinn. "Shall we?"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Levi stood atop the gas station roof, opening a small box and setting it on the edge of the roof top. He pulled out a pair of ear muffs, knowing they probably wouldn't help much but it was worth a shot. He sighed, lifting up his fingers to his lips and letting out a high pitched whistle. He waited for a moment before he heard Adam reply, knowing he was hiding near the party just a few blocks away. With a sigh, he pulled the ear muffed on, placing two fingers on the edge of the lid to the box.

"Here we go."

*-*-*-*-*-*-

Michael laughed, spinning around quickly while he held onto Emma's legs. He could hear her giggled behind him, her red hair flying everywhere before he stopped and she jumped off of his back.  Michael laughed again, sitting on the metal picnic table and turning to face her. Emma was practically vibrating with energy, hopping from foot to foot with a bright smile.

Michael chuckled, "you look like you need to go on a run."

"I do!" Emma licked her lips before zooming off at unnatural speed, causing there to be a gust of wind. Michael laughed again, turning and taking a sip of his drink. He spotted Zach and Lyra walking towards them and he waved them over, "hey, what's up?"

"Where's Emma?" Zach asked, his eyes scanning the area. Michael rolled his eyes, "she went for a run. She's extra hyped because of that human blood so she needs to get it out of her system."

Lyra's eyes went wide, "Michael! She can't be left alone! She could kill someone again!"

Michael shook his head roughly, "she wont. You guys act like shes a mass murderer."

Lyra threw up her hands, "because she is!"

"No she's not, Lyra."

Lyra groaned, "Michael, she's a vampire. That mean's she kills people!"

Zach shushed her, placing a hand on her arm. "Let's not announce to the world that vampire's are real please." He held up his hands when Lyra shot a glare at him. Michael ran his hands through his hair, tugging at it. "I can't believe you guys. You guys know Emma. You know she's not going to hurt anyone! This time it was different, something was wrong with her."

Lyra massaged her temples, "Michael, it doesn't matter if she did it on purpose or not. Someone still died."

Michael opened his mouth to argue when Emma flew into the group, her hair a mess, her chest rising and falling hard. "Whew! That sure did hel--ah!"

Emma placed her hands on the side of her head, a hash shrieking filling her ears. She fell to the ground, crying in pain. The three of them ran to her, Michael at a loss for words. "Emma! What's wrong?"

She didn't answer as she continued to cry out, clutching the side of her head. Michael glared up at Lyra, "stop it!"

"It's not me! I'm not using any kind of spell on her!" Lyra sputtered placing her hands over Emma's. "Emma, what's wrong?!" Emma suddenly went limp, having passed out from the pain. Michael scooped her up into his arms, "we have to get her back to the house. C'mon."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Skylinn stared out the window of Sam’s truck, watching as the tree's zoomed by. She sighed, turning to look at Sam. "Come on Sam, let's get something to eat before we get back to my house. I'm starving."

Sam felt comfortable with her next to him. He couldn't explain it but he just did. "Yeah, okay." He glanced over at her, taking in the shape of her face. A sharp pain shot through his head and he groaned, placing a hand on his forehead. 

"Sam? Are you okay?" Skylinn reaching over and touched his arm, but not before Sam let out a pained wail, pulling at his hair with his hands in pain. "Sam!”

Headlights were speeding towards them and before there was any time to react Skylinn felt the colossal impact. Tire screeching and a blaring horn screamed in her ears. Skylinn felt her body slam against the seat belt and the shattering glass slice at her face and arms before everything went black.

Sam hadn't noticed the swerving car in front of them, the pain in his head was so intense he could hardly see anything. Without warning the car lurched and he was thrown forward violently. The seat belt biting into his chest and knocking the wind out of him. The sound of raining glass echoed in his ears as an airbag exploded in his face.

The sound of twisting metal, crunching steel, the squeal of the brakes and the smell of leaking gasoline stings Sam’s eyes as he forces them open. Skylinn' body slumped in the seat, blood dripping form her head and mouth. Metallic slash of flesh, the shattering of glass and the sound of screams and shouts fill his ears. The screeching noise having dissipated after the crash. The over-powering smell of toxic petrol fumes mixed with the sticky odor of blood dripping from the multiple wounds filled his nose. 

Sam could hear people running towards them now as he tried to move towards Skylinn. A sheering pain shot through his body and Sam slumped against the seat again. His eyes where failing him as he tried to move again, he opened his mouth to call out her name but nothing came out. The last thing he saw was Skylinn's door being ripped open, then everything went black.