Eternal Thirst

Chapter Four;

"Will you be there when I awake?"

When Sam woke up, he almost had no idea where he was. If it weren't for the stale smell of death surrounding him, he wouldn't have ever remembered he was in the hospital. That horrific car crash, the smell of burnt rubber and blood; Sam felt achy all over. He shivered and tried to sit up slowly, a pain shooting through his side and down his left leg. Then he remembered; Skylinn was with him.

He pushed himself out of bed, ignoring the pain as best he could and ran down the hall to the nurses station. He slammed his hands down onto the counter and craned his neck into the window. "Hello? I need some help here!" He shouted, tapping the glass.

"Sam? What are you doing out of your bed?" One of the nurses coming around the corner said, coming up behind him. "You should be resting."

It took Sam a moment before he realized she was talking to him. He shook his head and clutched his side, the pain suddenly growing worse. "Where's the girl that was with me? Where's Skylinn? I need to see her."

The nurse shook her head and took him by the arm, slowly leading him back towards his room. "You need to get back in bed, You'll pop your stitches."

He jerked his arm out of her grasp and groaned, the feeling of the stitches finally becoming evident. "If you don't take me to her, I'll rip the stitches out myself."

The nurse rolled her eyes, "Sam.” She protested.

Sam raised an eyebrow, "you think I'm kidding?" He lifted his shirt and dug into his wound, slowly lifting the skin beneath the stitching. He bit back a scream; this was agonizing.

"Sam!”

Sam turned and spotted a distressed Lyra standing a few doorways away from him, tears streaming down her face. She ran forward, hugging him so tightly he hissed in pain. "Not so hard, I still am banged up."

Lyra laughed, sniffing as she pulled away from him. "I'm so glad you are okay."

Sam smiled down at her, pinching the end of her chin with a smile. "I'm invincible remember?"

Just then he felt someone pat him hard on the back, “Sammy! You’re alright!”

Sam groaned, spotting Dean a moment later. “Not so hard, geez.”

Dean chuckled, readjusting his faded leather jacket. “I knew you’d be alright. It’s in our genes.” That made Sam laugh, and Lyra chuckled lightly.

She sniffed again, wiping away left over tears from her face right as Zach came to stand beside her, pulling her into a tight side hug. "Hey man, how you feeling?" He gave the nurse a strange look as she walked passed him.

Sam shrugged, wincing after he did so. "I'm fine, where's Skylinn?"

The two of them fell silent, and Lyra covered her face in her hands again, her shoulders shaking with sobs. Sam felt his heart drop, "what happened? Where is she?"

Zach rubbed Lyra's shoulder, his own eyes tearing up. "She's in surgery."

Lyra lifted her face from her hands, waves of tears streaming down her face more forcefully then before. "They don't think she's going to make it."

Sam stumbled back until he hit the wall, slowly sliding down in and covering his face with his hands, pulling his knee's up to his chest. His breathing was coming in short gasps, tears welling up in his eyes. He did this. This was his fault.

Lyra squatted down beside him, wrapping her arms around him as she cried into his shoulder. And Dean kneeled down beside him, placing a hand on his knee for support.

"There is one way we can help her."

Sam glanced up to see Emma and Michael, Michael's eye where red from crying, but he seemed to be calmed down enough to speak to everyone.

Lyra glanced up at them, "what? What is the one way?"

Emma sighed, "I can give her some of my blood."

Zach shook his head quickly, "no. No way, it's to risky."

Michael held up his hands, "just hear her out bro, we don't have many options. And I want Skylinn to get better to, she's like my other sister."

Stefan looked up from his arms, glancing between Dean and Emma. “Would she be turned?"

Dean sighed, getting to his feet. “Technically, no. But it’s a big risk, Sammy.”

Emma shook her head, "It wouldn't be much, just enough to get her life out of danger. She's in the hospital nothing will happen to her. It will save her life."

"Can't you do some kind of spell?" Sam asked, glancing at Lyra who shook her head. "I don't know how, I'm not that strong enough yet."

"Then let Emma help." Michael answered, wiping the end of his nose with the back of his hand.

Zach shook his head again, "no. I'm not okay with that. I want Skylinn to live as much as you guys, she's one of my best friends to. But what if something happens? Then shes turned into one of those things and I'm not okay with being responsible for her becoming a monster."

Emma's expression turned to one of hurt as her eyes fell to the floor.

"Do it."

They turned to see Lyra pushing herself to her feet, mascara tear streaks running down her cheeks. "Do it."

Zach turned towards her, his mouth open to argue but she held up a hand to stop him. "Zach, I know what you're going to say. But it doesn't matter. This is Skylinn we are talking about. We all care about her. We all need her. Do it."

Zach sighed, rubbing a hand down his face while he nodded slowly. "Yeah, you're right."

Emma nodded, turning and walking down the hall towards the operation room, Michael following closely behind. Dean shook his head, running a hand through his hair, causing it to spike up. “Damn, little brother, what all did I miss while I was gone?”

*-*-*-*-*-*-

Levi tapped his fingers on his knee, waiting impatiently for Adam to walk through the door. As if on cue, The front door opened and Adam came into view, slamming the door behind him and stomping into the living room, pouring himself a drink and taking a long sip of it.

Levi straightened up, "well?"

Adam pulled the drink away from his lips, "it's that, Emma girl. The one with hair that looks like a red-velvet cupcake."

Levi pursed his lips, "really? I would have never guessed. Well it would explain why she doesn't have parents and why she never eats lunch at school."

Adam filled his glass again, "yep."

Levi raised an eyebrow, "so what's the problem?"

Adam shot him a glare, "why didn't you tell me that little bitch the order wants was friends with a Lycan?"

Levi tilted his head slightly, "what are you talking about? Lycans aren't real, Adam."

Adam threw his glass at the wall, causing it to shatter into a million pieces. Levi winced as Adam turned towards him yelling; "You know damn well what i'm talking about! That, Jones boy, he's a Lycan! We have been living in the same town as a Lycan!"

Levi sighed, coming to stand in front of Adam. "There has to be another explanation, but he's not one of us. I know that for sure. I'll figure it out. How did you find out anyways?"

Adam huffed, rubbing his temples with his fingers. "They got into a car crash. That boy and the girl, I went to the hospital to check on them to make sure she hadn't died and the Emma girl was walking out of her room. I think she gave her some of her blood so she would live."

Levi raised and eyebrow, "really? Well this makes things very interesting."

Adam looked up at him, raising an eyebrow slowly. "You think it's time?"

Levi pursed his lips, "yes. I think it's time. The order will be very pleased."

Adam sighed, taking Levi's hands in his own. "Don't make a mess okay?"

Levi chuckled, looking up and him and smirking. "I have a visit to make."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Skylinn woke up to the smell of sterile hospital equipment and the feel of those God-awful gowns against her thighs. She sat straight up, the dizziness she didn't realize she had taking over her senses, forcing her right back against the pillow. She shut her eyes and swallowed the lump forming in her throat. What the hell happened? Why was she in the hospital?

She turned to the side and faced the window. Skylinn could just barely make out her reflection. Bandages ran down the side of her neck and across her chest; she ran her hand over them gently, tears forming in her eyes with each movement.

"Skylinn," the voice stirred her.

She turned to the door to see Sam standing there, relief flooding over his face as he walked towards her, limping slightly. "What..."

"We where in a car crash." Sam sat on the end of her bed, "You got pretty banged up. And not in the good way."

Skylinn rolled her eyes at him as he continued, "I'm so sorry Skylinn. It's all my fault if I would have just watched the road none of this-"

"Shhh." Skylinn placed a hand on his knee causing his head to jerk upwards at her. "It wasn't your fault, Sam.”

"But I-"

"Oh shut up." Skylinn rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. "It's not like you did it on purpose. And look at me!" Skylinn motioned to herself for effect, "I'm fine! So just shut up about it."

Sam’s face cracked into a small smile and he leaned forward, placing a kiss on Skylinn's forehead. "I don't know what I would have done if something would have happened to you."
Skylinn smiled, "awe. Thanks Stefan." She took his hand in her own, squeezing it gently.

They heard the sound of running footsteps in the hallway and they both turned just as Lyra ran through the door, her eyes stained with tears.

"Skylinn!" She moved toward the side of Skylinn's bed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "What did the doctors say?"

Skylinn scooted herself up better on the hospital bed, "they said it's a real shocker. That I should be able to go home in a few days, and that it's a real miracle that I'm still alive. But no biggie." She winked at Lyra and Lyra laughed, more tears streaming down her face as she covered her huge smile with her hands.

"Why are you crying?"

Lyra sniffed and Skylinn frowned at her. "Aw, Lyra why are you crying."

Lyra laughed through some more tears as she leaned forward, squeezing Skylinn so tight she winced. "I'm just so glad you are okay."

Skylinn smiled, "well thank you."

Just then Zach and Michael walked in, coming to stand on the end of her bed. They all gathered around and gave her a soft group hug, Michael sniffing along side Lyra, causing Skylinn to aw again. "Awe, I love you guys."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Skylinn stirred, opening her eyes slowly with a soft yawn. She rubbed her eyes, moving towards her side when she spotted a slight movement towards her left and she jumped. "Levi? What are you doing here..?"

Levi smirked, his lips twisting into a half smile as he folded his arms across his chest. "Hello Skylinn."

Skylinn looked at him through sleepy, squinted eyes. "Hey, what are you doing here? It's in the middle of the night, where's Lyra?"

Levi chuckled, leaning forward onto Skylinn's bed. "My name is Clarence, I was hoping you could give Emma and Matt a message for me."

Skylinn sat up, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. "What are you talking about? Who's Matt? What message?"

Levi's mouth formed a tight-lipped smile, "Game on."

His hand shot forward and wrapped around Skylinn's throat, blocking her airway. Skylinn sputtered, her mouth forming in a silent scream as her hands pushing at his face as she tried to breath. Her eyes where wide with fear and small ragged gasps where escaping her throat. His fingers pressed deeper into her throat as she tried to pry them away from her neck, only to no avail. His deep brown eyes bored into her blue ones as she felt herself weakening. Her vision becoming darker and darker. The last thing she saw was Levi's teeth extend into sharp points, then everything went dark.