Eternal Thirst

Chapter Eight;

Emma and Skylinn trudged through the woods, Skylinn groaning every time she heard a bird chirp. "When is all this super hearing going to stop?"

Emma turned, her red hair pulled back into a tight bun. "It doesn't. But you can learn to control it and focus it so that you don't hear everything."

"Thank god."

The continued for a another ten minutes before Skylinn let out an explosive sigh, "so what am I supposed to do when I see the rabbit?"

Emma didn't even turn towards her as she continued walking forward. "Chase it, catch it, feed on it."

Skylinn pursed her lips, "isn't killing cute defenseless animals the first step in becoming a serial killer?"

Emma rolled her eyes, "well you kinda skipped serial killer and went straight to vampire so..."

Skylinn groaned, causing Emma to turn around, folding her arms across her chest and giving Skylinn a hard look. "Look, Skylinn, if you're not serious about this then you need to tell me now."

Skylinn sighed, "no I am." Emma gave her a look and Skylinn let out a groan, throwing her hands up into the air. "Look I swear that I am okay but it's just-" She pursed her lips, motioning with her hands for effect. "I haven't been in the sun for days, and everyone is down at the lake having fun and Lyra and Sam are there and Sam's been dodging my calls and now you want me to eat bunnies and shit and I'm kinda freaking out, okay?!"

Skylinn let her head fall back as she groaned, dropping her hands to her hips as she glared at a nearby tree. Emma let out a soft giggle causing Skylinn to turn and glare at her. "And now you're laughing at me."

Emma shook her head quickly, "no no i'm not laughing. None of this is funny trust me."

"Uh huh."

"It's just that, uh," Emma laughed again, motioning at Skylinn with her hands. Skylinn's nostrils flared, "what?!"

Emma held up her hands, "when someone becomes a vampire, all their normal natural behaviours get sorta, uh, amplified."

Skylinn' eyebrows furrowed together, "what do you mean?"

Emma placed a hand on her hip, "I mean, uh, I, as a human cared deeply for people how they felt. If they where hurting I felt their pain and I felt guilty for those when I caused it. And I uh," She glanced up, rubbing a finger across her cheek before going on. "And as a vampire all that got, well, magnified."

Emma motioned towards Skylinn again, giving her a small smile. Skylinn pursed her lips, lifting her hand up to her chest before letting it drop again. "So you're saying, that now, I'm basically an neurotic, rebellious, control freak, on crack?"

Emma blew some air out of her mouth, "well, I wasn't going to say it like that, but..."

Skylinn's eyes widened and she started wringing her hands together nervously. Emma sighed taking a step towards her, "hey listen, let's hunt, okay? And then after that, we'll go down to the lake-"

Skylinn's head shot up, "Really?!"

Emma nodded, "Sam and Lyra are the closest connections you have to your humanity and I think that being around them, is a good thing."

Skylinn grinned wildly, "okay, yeah okay!"

------------

Fifteen minutes later Skylinn was kneeling on the ground, a rabbit clutched in her hands. She stared down at it, "I-I can't do this."

Emma was crouched down in front of her, watching her every movement. "You have to, Sky."

Skylinn looked up, giving her an exasperated look. "But, I'm a vegetarian!"

Emma pursed her lips, "you have to feed, Skylinn. You gave that up when you became a vampire. Just do it."

Skylinn glanced down at the rabbit, letting out a sigh before she extended her fangs with a slight wince, bringing the rabbit up to her mouth and biting right behind it's head. For a moment everything felt fine, but a sudden overwhelming feeling of nausea took over Skylinn's body. She had just enough time to toss the rabbit into Emma's hands before she turned and gagged, blood spilling from her mouth and drenching the front of her shirt.

Skylinn spit out the rest of the discarded blood out of her mouth, wiping her mouth on her forearm before turning towards Emma. Emma had broken the rabbit's neck, laying it on the ground beside her as she stood up, placing a hand on Skylinn's shoulder. "Are you okay? You look pale."

Skylinn shivered, "what happened?"

Emma's eyebrows knitted together as she thought, "I don't know. I've never seen that before."

Emma turned, folding her arms across her chest as she paced back and forth. "Do you remember anything about the night you died? Anything?"

Skylinn shook her head slowly, pursing her lips. Suddenly her eyes went wide with realization, "wait, there was something. It was late, and I had just woken up to someone in my room. They had said that their name was Clarence, and that I was supposed to give you a message. You and someone else, someone named, Mark? No wait, Matt, it was Matt!"

Emma spun on her heel, running forward with unnatural speed and grabbing Skylinn's shoulders. "Matt? Are you sure they said Matt?"

Skylinn's eyebrows raised, "yeah, why do you know who that is?"

Emma shook her roughly, "what else did they say?"

"Hey, stop it!" Skylinn wrenched herself from Emma's grasp, sending Emma stumbling backwards. "I don't know!"

Emma stood there frozen in shock, after a moment she shook her head roughly. "C'mon, we need to go get Lyra and Zach."

She started to walk off, Skylinn reluctantly following behind. "Why?"

Emma glanced over her shoulder at her, "so we can call Matt."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Sam laid across his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He heard his phone buzz again and he turned, staring at the picture of Skylinn that was flashing across the screen. He didn't even blink as he slid the ignore button across the screen, letting his phone fall onto his chest. After a moment it buzzed again, this time a picture of Zach flashed across the screen. Sam slid the answer button up, lifting the phone to his ear. "Yeah?"

"Why are you ignoring Skylinn's calls?"

Sam let out a rough sigh, "that's not your business, Zach."

"Look, I get you're having a hard time with this but you can't just-"

"What do you want, Zach?" Sam spat, cutting him off quickly.

He heard Zach let out a soft sigh from the other line, "somethings wrong."

"What?"

"We don't know. Emma took Skylinn out to hunt today and apparently she can't keep down any animal blood."

Sam sat up slowly, picking at his nails. "Great, that makes her even more of a murderer."

"She's not, Sam." Stefan could tell Zach was not saying all that he'd like to, probably because Skylinn was close by. "Anyways, it's made her sick. Can you talk to Dean? Maybe see if he’s heard anything about something like this while he was hunting. But, she's starting to remember somethings about the night she died, can you come over? She wants to see you. We're meeting at Lyra's."

Sam pressed his lips into a thin line, "no."

"But Sam we-"

Sam pulled the phone away from his ear, clicking the end button and tossing it onto the floor. He laid back on his bed, closing his eyes as his phone buzzed again and again. After about ten minutes it stopped, leaving him to lay in silence. A soft rap on his door caused his eyes to shoot open, glancing at the door. After a moment the knock came again and he pushed himself to his feet, walking over and opening the door. There in the doorway stood Dean, he had one hand resting against the door frame, the other in his jean pocket. He looked up at him, giving him a soft smile. "Hey Sammy."

"What do you want." Sam mumbled, the stench of whiskey burning his nose. Dean frowned, "I just got a call from the hospital."

Sam raised an eyebrow, "okay?"

"It's about the crash, the people in the other car?"

Sam's eyes went slightly wide and he froze. He didn't even think about the other car, let alone the people inside it. "And?"

Dean gave him a sad look, "they didn't make it."

Sam's brow furrowed together in confusion, "what?"

"Well the doctors just told me that they didn't make it. It was a husband and his wife."

Sam stood still for a moment, his throat going dry. "Okay, thanks." He didn't wait for his brother to answer before he slammed his door shut, turning away. He stood still for a moment, his breathe slow. He shook his head roughly, taking a single step forward before he doubled over, a sharp pain in his stomach.

The pain rushed through his bloodstream creating intense agony. His bones outstretched, his jawbone dislocated and developed into a vicious fanged mouth, his entire face structure transformed. Hair spurted all over, his eyes turning a bright golden color. His fingernails grew at an alarming rate into razor-sharp claws, as he was forced on to all fours.

And then it all stopped, leaving him gasping for breathe. And then just as soon as it had stopped it reversed, sending the new hair on his arm sinking back beneath his skin. His jaw snapping back into place and his teeth growing smaller by the second. Sam let out a pained cry again as another sharp pain sent his back arching high into the air. After a moment he fell forward in a heap on the floor, panting hard. His vision was starting to fail him and the last thing he saw was his phone flashing again, the picture of Skylinn flashing across the screen fading from view as he fell into darkness.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Zach pulled the phone away from his ear, silently cursing. He turned, sliding the phone back into his pocket. "So, Sam's not coming."

Lyra's eyes narrowed and Skylinn's fell to the floor. Zach sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Okay, so what are we going to do?"

"Well, she can't drink animal blood that's for sure." Emma pipped up from where she was sitting on the couch beside Michael. "And we know the name of her killer." She leaned forward, cupping her hands together. "Do you remember anything else?"

Skylinn was sitting on the edge of the coffee table, her face blank as she stared at the ground. "I-I don't know."

"Here," Lyra walked over towards her, rubbing her hands together before she reaching forward, placing two fingers on either one of Skylinn's temples. She leaned her head back, slowly whispering something in a different language. Skylinn felt a warm numbness come over her and she let out a sleep sigh, closing her eyes softly. A door slamming shut caused her to open her eyes quickly.

She was standing in a pasty white hospital room, a soft glow coming from the light overhead. She glanced around, her eyes going wide when they landed on the hospital bed. Skylinn walked over, staring down at herself on the bed. Lyra must be pulling the memories from her mind, replying them like a television show. This was so weird.

A low chuckle caused her head to snap up, just in time to see someone moving from out of the shadows. Levi stepped out, his arms folded across his chest. Skylinn raised an eyebrow as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. She watched herself wake up, and Levi lean over her.

"My name is Clarence, I was hoping you'd give Emma and Matt a message for me?"

Skylinn watched as her double sat up in the bed, rubbing her eyes.

"What are you talking about? Who's Matt? What message?"

Skylinn watched as Levi leaned closer towards herself, an evil smile playing on his lips. "Game on."

Just as his hands shot around her neck Skylinn jerked forward, her breath coming in short gasps. She was back in Lyra and Michael's living room, everyone staring at her with concerned eyes.

"What happened?" Zach asked, getting down on his knee's beside Skylinn. "What did you see?"

Skylinn pressed in on her temples, rubbing them gently. "I-It was Levi, he was there, at the hospital, in my room. H-He killed me."

Lyra gasped, a and flying to her mouth. "That explains why he's not answering our calls."

Michael sneered, "I knew something wasn't right about him."

"There was something else," Skylinn added, glancing up at everyone. "He, he said game on."

Zach arched an eyebrow, "game on? What does that mean?"

"It means-" Came a voice from the foyer and everyone turned to see a brown haired man step into the room, glancing down at the phone in his hands lazily. "That he's just getting started."

Michael and Zach got to their feet quickly, standing in front of the girls protectively. "Who the hell are you?"

The boy glanced up from his phone, "oh right," He placed his phone in his pocket quickly, turning to face the rest of them with a dazzling smile. "Hello everyone, I'm Matthew Abbe. But you can call me Matt. You phoned for me?"