Eternal Thirst

Chapter Nine;

Matt made his way into the room, earning some hard glares from Michael and Zach. Emma pushed herself to her feet, giving Matt a tight hug. "Hey, thanks for coming."

Matt pulled away from her, "of course, love."

Matt turned away from her, studying the room. His eyes landed on Skylinn and he knelt down in front of her, giving her a dazzling white smile. "Well, hello gorgeous." He took her hand in his, brushing his lips across it for a moment.

Skylinn looked up at him, her face flushed slightly as she pulled her hand out of his. Matt smiled at her, pushing himself to his feet quickly. "So, you phoned for me? How may I be of service?"

He made his way around the room, picking up a fake pine-cone out of the bowl in the middle of the coffee table and tossing it up into the air. Zach took a step closer towards Lyra, wrapping an arm protectivly around her waist. "We want to know why Skylinn was told to give you that message."

Matt tossed the pine-cone into the air, catching it and setting it on the bookcase beside him. He turned on his heel, pointing towards Skylinn. "I suppose you mean her, am I right?"

He took a few steps forward, leaning down to where he was face to face with Skylinn, running a hand gently down the side of her cheek. "Ah, you poor thing, this is your first week isn't it?"

Skylinn raised an eyebrow at him, "how'd you know?"

Matt gave her a sympathetic smile, "darling, that's what i'm here for." He closed his eyes, opening to reveal they where blood red, veins starting to protrude from beneath the surface of his skin beneath them. Skylinn gasped, "y-you're one too?"

Matt blinked and his eyes returned back to their normal, deep brown coloring. "One what, darling? A vampire?" He licked his lips, "I have been for a long time. Don't be ashamed of it, love. It's what you are. And its beautiful."

Matt held her gaze for a long time until Zach finally coughed loudly, causing him to look up. "Right, anyways, why are you involved?"

Matt pushed himself to his feet again, walking over and sitting down beside Emma, propping his feet up on the coffee table and placing his hands behind his head. "I don't know, mate. Depends on who involved me."

Michael glared past Emma at Matt, "some guy named Clarence."

Matt let his hands fall from behind his head, taking his feet off the coffee table and leaning forward. "Clarence? Huh, been a long time."

"What do you know about him?" Lyra asked, taking a small step forward. Matt glanced up, a smile playing on his lips. "What don't I know about him is the real question." He gave Lyra a wink before leaning back into the couch, draping an arm around the back of it. "His real name is Clarence Weeler. Was turned back in the early thirties along with his lover Adam Keen."

He pursed his lips, "don't know why anyone would want to do that. I prefer women, they just have a certain quality about them I can't explain." He winked at Emma, causing her face to turn bright red as she hid her face in her hands.

Zach coughed, "you where saying?"

Matt glanced up at him, "oh right, anyways." He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees. "He works for a higher power of supernaturals who call themselves 'the order'. I don't know why they call themselves that it's all just funny to me. Anyways, I had a run in with them about forty years ago and I messed up their plans pretty bad." He turned his gaze towards Skylinn, "is he the one who turned you, love?"

Skylinn nodded and Matt clicked his tongue, pushing himself to his feet. "Right, come with me." He offered Skylinn his hand, only to have Michael step in front of him. "She's not going anywhere with you."

Matt rolled his eyes, turning to face Michael. "Listen, the only reason Clarence would have turned her is because he's going to use her for something. For what I don't know yet but that's what I'm going to find out. But for now I need to take her and teach her the ropes. I'd let Emma but-" He turned towards Emma, tilting his head slightly at her while he narrowed his eyes. "She's really not the best herself."

Emma glared up at him, "thanks."

Matt shot her a smile, "you're welcome. Anyways she needs to be trained, otherwise she won't know what to do when they come back for her."

Michael turned towards Emma and she gave him a small nod. "We can trust him guys, I've known him for a long time."

Matt grinned as Michael backed away from him, turning and offering his hand to Skylinn again. "Shall we, gorgeous?"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Michael stomped through his bedroom door, Emma following closely behind. "How could you just let him take her?!"

Emma sighed, closing the door shut behind her. "He's an old friend."

Michael ran a hand through his hair, "okay, fine. How do you know him?"

Emma looked away, "I met him not to long after I had first turned. He helped me figure out what I was."

"Did you two-"

"No, no." Emma interrupted, leaning back against Micheal's dresser. "He's just a friend, he's been a vampire for a long time. He's one of the oldest ones that i've ever met before. He actually is one of the oldest vampire to ever exist. If somethings wrong, he can help us fix it."

Michael pinched the end of his nose, "okay, so he's an original vampire. So what's his story?"

Emma pursed her lips, sighing again. "He's one of the first vampires. I don't know how old he is but when I had met him he had just escaped a place where they where doing experiments on vampires. He was tortured, starved, and almost killed. After that he moved from place to place, he started some trouble up with some people in the thirties like you had heard. He's good at being invisible, and he's good at what he does."

"And what is that?"

Emma looked up at him slowly, "being a vampire."

Michael stayed silent for a long moment, finally sighing and taking a step towards Emma. Much to her surprise he reached out, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I-I just don't want him to hurt you or anyone else."

Emma felt her breath catch in her throat as he pulled her in for a hug, resting his chin a top her head. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Emma."

Emma chuckled, pushing away from him. "I'll be fine, okay?" She reached up and straightened his shirt. "I'll be okay."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Sam sat criss cross on his bedroom floor, tons books and papers spread out in front of him. His eyes scanning the heavy bound book in his lap.

"A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope, is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybridwolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction."

He glanced up, looking at Dean who was leaning against his dresser, another book in his hands. “Please tell me it’s not real.”

Dean didn’t answer, only mumbled to himself as he continued to read. Sam could feel his heart rate speeding up as he continued to read aloud.

"The transformation may be temporary or permanent; the were-animal may be the man himself metamorphosed; may be his double whose activity leaves the real man to all appearance unchanged; may be his soul, which goes forth seeking whom it may devour, leaving its body in a state of trance; or it may be no more than the messenger of the human being, a real animal or a familiar spirit, whose intimate connection with its owner is shown by the fact that any injury to it is believed, by a phenomenon known as repercussion, to cause a corresponding injury to the human being."

Sam closed the book quickly, throwing it to the side with so much force it smashed into his dresser, papers spilling out of it. He dropped his head into his hands, tugging at his hair. No, this was wrong. What happened early had nothing to do with any of this. He couldn't be, be one of those things. He just couldn’t.

Dean glanced up from his book, sighing and closing it. “You might want to call her, we’re gonna need her."

Sam's head throbbed as he lifted his face from his hands, reaching forward and plucking his phone from the floor. He dialed the number slowly, lifting the phone to his ear. It rang twice before someone picked up, Stefan sighing into the phone before he spoke in a soft voice.

"Hey, yeah I know. Look, I need you."