Rewind

Turning Tables

The end of Laura shift finally ending cause her to let out a sigh of relief; she was tired of dealing with editing a bunch of wedding photos filling her whole being with a sense of dread. Laura started having memories of her own wedding day; which had all the bells and whistles of being a perfect day. Top of the line wedding dress long enough to make the girls be envious and skin fitted mermaid dress to show off the curves of her body. Laura’s hair was pinned up in curls displaying delicately on her shoulders, the perfect image of a bride; to her mother she looked like a queen. Oliver also looked like a king with his hair slicked back in a pony tail and his smile shone brighter than the stars in the night. The wedding night was amazing filled with happiness and laughter; she loved it and she loved Oliver but to think about how their relationship is now and it leaves her heart broken.



She looked on at the happy couples wondering if they would lead down the same path as she has or would they break the statistic. Not that Oliver and Laura were one, they haven’t even mention the thought of a divorce well not to each other at least. Laura never did to her sisters and she made a front at work that her marriage was going well. She had photos of her and Oliver in her office so if anyone ask they would see the image she displayed; but she knew it was a lie. She wondered if these two happy people were always happy or maybe it was just for that night.



Laura was there of course for the Robins marriage ceremony and they were filled to the brim with happiness. No one could fake that much for a whole day; a wedding is a long day. Majority of the time it’s very stressful, a lot is happening at once and everyone wants it to be a perfect day. So Laura knew they were happy but she couldn’t help but wonder what would they be like five years down the line. When no cameras are around and no family to put a mask for. Laura knew she was just being a sour puss, the night does that to her. Especially on drives to her house, she used to pick up Oliver and they would go out to eat or pick up dinner together. They used to show up to each other works place with warm smiles and gifts for one another. It would be flowers, paintings or gag gifts for one another just to say I love you and I miss you. It slowed down after year two and Oliver would show up every once and awhile, it trickled down to once a month on the third year and when the fourth year came about Oliver never showed up. Never called, unless he needed something. Coworkers would ask if everything was okay and Laura would just smile at them and feed them a lie. Of course everything is okay…why wouldn't it?

“I’m home.” Laura said as she walked in the door with her dogs jumping on her and one breathing loudly. “Hiiii my little ones. How are you babes?”

Bruce the white and black french bull dog quickly ran in the house with a loud huff as Bowie the husky slowly followed waiting for Laura to catch up as she hung up her coat and scarf. The living room light was on which means no one was home causing Laura to sighed. Oliver hasn’t been home early in months which is fine but she wished that he would leave messages to her; to tell her that he wasn’t going to be home. She knew help making skate parks would be hard and taxing but he was never home which bothered her.

“Well I guess it’s just me and you guys tonight.” She said smiling as she went into the kitchen to grab a water. “You think you guys want a walk?” as soon as she said the magic words they both started barking and running towards their leashes causing Laura to giggle.

The walk down the street with the two dogs was relaxing as she sighed deeply waiting for her sister to call her like she normally does seeing how Cristina drives Sofia crazy. Cristina moved in with Sofia when their mother died because Sofia live in the area where Cristina high school was at; and because of the fact Cristina didn’t want to be in the way of Oliver and Laura’s way of having a child. That was three years ago and still they were childless.

“You think you could look a little more depressing.” Laura yelped turning her head to see Sofia smiling brightly over to her with Lupe sniffing Bowie. “I know you’re routine dude.”

“Well thats scary but a good thing to know if I ever get hurt you could tell the police I was a boring fuck.”

Sofia laughed while rolling her eyes. “Please you’re a married woman Laura, you should have routine.”

“Right.”

“Well I mean I think he should fuck you on the kitchen counter ever once and awhile especially if you were cooking in tiny panties and his tee shirt but what do I know.” Sofia said with a smile.

“You would have fucked a girl if she did that for you right?” Laura asked biting her on lower lip. “I mean I thought I was being sexy.”

“You were.” Sofia said staring at her sister with a serious look. “I just think you and Oliver need to talk…it’s been five years you guys have been together. Sex usually isn’t always on the table if you’re been with each other that long.”

“We had sex last night but it was missionary, boring and he came only.” Laura rolled her eyes. “Didn’t even bother to get me off, I had to do it myself.”

“He’s being a straight man barf. Men are such trash.” She rolled her eyes. “Have you guys talked about it or like go get help?”

Laura rolled her eyes as she looked down to the dogs seeing how well trained they were walking with each other making her smile. She was happy that she could call herself a good dog owner because it was one of her biggest goals in life. She looked over to Sofia with pursed lips causing Sofia to laugh.

“Yeah I forgot he “doesn’t need no asshole meddling in his marriage.” He’s such a douche lately…I don’t get whats up his ass.”

“No idea but I miss my old husband. He hasn’t been home by five in weeks it’s driving me crazy. Like I’m not important or anything. I’ve stood a size six for years okay, I’ve worked my ass off to stay the same way.”

“He met you at a size three dude.”

“I also was in my third year of college, and wasn’t getting laid.”

“Yeah and where did you met him?”

“On the beach.” She said with a smile.

“Yeah he was a loser mommy hated him; you’ve changed him for the better. So he should be kissing your ass.” Sofia said stopping for Lupe to finish going to the bathroom.

Bowie and Bruce were yipping away over to Lupe as she just stared at them. Laura thought of what Sofia said causing her to sigh, she was right. Her mother first hated Oliver because of the fact that he was older than Laura and he was doing nothing with his life. He’s lazy and worthless. Her mother would scream every time Laura would leave the house then try to set her up on dates. Laura didn’t think he was lazy or worthless; yes, he was working at a burger joint with his best friends buying weed with his money and surfing all morning. But Laura pushed him to do some trade school just for a back up and he did. Of course his friends hated Laura at first to change him but then they saw that if he was getting a degree to help him he could help them all. When other people gave up on Oliver, Laura didn’t. She believed in his every step; and she helped him out as much as she could.

“But maybe he resents me?”

“Why? Laura he’s making skate park for the kids around here and for him too lets not kid ourselves. So like I said he should be kissing your ass. He’s doing things that he likes to do and you made him some internet star with photos of him surfing, being half naked, and his project getting publicity because of you.”

“And he’s probably getting tramps.”

“Of course he is; Oliver is hot for you straight ladies but that doesn’t mean he’s cheating on you right? You’re like the babest of babes.”

“You’re my sister I don’t think you should be saying that.” Sofia rolled her eyes. “ I mean don’t you think its creepy?” Laura said while giggling.

“I guess…just trying to make you happy. You shouldn’t have to worry about the way you look. You should just be asking Oliver questions.”

“I try to and then he acts like I am accusing him of cheating which I’m not. I just….hes so closed off lately.”

“Hey listen lets get back to the house all right. We can have some coffee and I’ll tell Cristina to come by.”

“Where is she?”

“At work cause you know clearly being an instagram model isn’t giving her money.”

They both laughed loudly as they turned to go home not before they cleaned up after their dogs.

Laura and Sofia were cooking dinner when Cristina showed up in her work clothes and with a trudging Oliver with Chinese food in his hands with a smile on his face talking with Cristina. Oliver was home earlier than ten o clock at night and he looked extremely relaxed for someone coming back from work. Sofia raised an eyebrow wiping her hands on her jeans.

“Really Oliver? I wasted food here making it for us.” Laura snapped looking over at him; she couldn’t believe how careless he was.

“I thought I was bringing in a surprise.”

“For whom?” Sofia said with a smile. “Cause we were making a meal for you meat lovers and us veggies fans. Hola, Crissy.”

“Hola.” Cristina said pushing her way through to the dogs over to her sisters giving them hugs and kisses. “I told him you were cooking.” She whispered in Laura ear.

“I can’t believe you.” Laura said as she let go of her sister. “You didn’t even think to call me?”

“You’re always bitching about no surprises and shit. I figured I’d get us some food so you didn’t have to cook. I didn’t know your sisters were showing up. Thanks for telling me.”

Laura sighed deeply turning away from him as she shut off the stove making Sofia let out a cry as she watched Laura walked off. Laura didn’t want to fight in front of her sisters so she went into their room, if they were gonna fight it was going to be in their room just to hold in her shame and to hold back their anger. She heard the girls speaking to Oliver making her anger grow even more, as she was about to call for him, Oliver came into the room with his arms crossed his chest.

“What now?”

“What do you mean what now?” Laura asked with her face red with anger. “You could have called and told me-“

“You could have called and tell me your sisters were gonna be here. You don’t think I wanna come home and relax.” He said as Laura rolled her eyes at him. “Your sisters are-“

“Amazing, loving and caring. They are always welcomed here and you haven’t been home before ten in weeks so you should have called.”

“You’re going off about surprises!”

“Oh my god! That isn’t what I mean you dick!” She screamed now. “You’re throwing shit in my face and you can go fuck yourself.”

“I can go fuck myself?” he asked getting close to her face as she glared at him. “You’re being a bitch right now I have work to do and I am doing it.”

“Yeah says the booze on your breath when you come in! So are you sure you’re doing work or you’re fucking around with your friends!” She shouted pushing him away from her but he just grabbed her arms pushing them into her chest. “Let go of me!”

“You need to calm down! and of course I get drinks what do you expect? I’m going to hang out with my friends you should come out.”

“You never ask me to! You never even speak to me about your job anymore you don’t do shit!” He rolled his eyes picking her up and laying her down on the bed causing her to growl kicking her legs out. “Get off of me now!”

“No, you’re going to listen to me Laura I am busy I come home to be with you-“

“But you don’t come home thats the fucking problem.”

“Shut up.” He hissed covering her mouth with his hand causing Laura to scream under his hand. “I come home and you bitch I am tired of it. Calm the fuck down, I’m going for a walk. I am taking Bowie with me.”

“No you’re not!” Laura shouted under his hand but it was muffled as he held her down until she stopped screaming. He quickly got up slamming the door shut making Laura cry.

The two girls ran in the room seeing their sister crying, she quickly started wiping away her tears giving them a smile trying to hide the fact that they fighting. Cristina quickly wrapped her arms around Laura as Laura swallowed down her tears as Sofia shook her head with fire in her eyes. She quickly spun on her heel to go after him causing Laura to shout after her. Cristina wrapped Laura closer to her body making Sofia sigh coming into the room to hug the both of them. The thought that her sisters had to see her marriage falling apart was enough to rip her heart apart. She was supposed to be setting an example; being the big sister but she was failing.

Laura hated this; she hated her marriage and she didn’t know what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand old new story lol