Status: Working Progress

Ask the Angels

Chapter 2

"This is stupid" Gaby's voice sounded through the silent room. Saul was up in his room, leaving Dean and herself sitting next to each other on the sofa, both with a beer in hand.
"Trust me, princess- I'm not exactly buzzing about this situation either."
"Then let's have some fun" Gaby smirked at the man to the side of her, shifting herself so she was now cross legged on the sofa, facing him with a smirk,
"And how do you suggest we do that?" Dean answered, with a suggestive smirk creeping its way across his face. This caused the blonde to roll her eyes,
"Please, not that sort of fun" She paused and laughed, "Let's play twenty questions"
"Twenty Questions?"
"Seriously? You ask a question, then I ask a question-"
"I know what the game is. What I was trying to say is that's your idea of fun?" Dean interrupted, sipping his beer looking at the blonde, "I mean, my life's no trip do the fare" he added, giving her a look,
"What and you think mine is?" She asked, "Lighten up, Dean-o. Just play, please?" She asked with a small pout, which Dean couldn't resist, and instead of admitting his failure to withstand his argument, he simply said:
"Dean-o?"
"Princess?" Gaby asked, mocking his tone, "You first, to ask the question"
"Alright, Angel" He said with a goofy grin at the new nickname, "Favorite band?"
"Metallica, no AC/DC, no Zeppelin" She shook her head with a laugh, "All three" She paused, Dean nodded in appreciation,
"Good choice",
"Glad you agree" She laughed, "Favorite food?"
"Pie" Dean answered quick off the bat, causing the blonde to laugh,
"Can't argue with that" this continued on, much more than 20 questions were asked, both starting their third beer.
"So your mums on business? What happened to your dad?" Dean asked,
"How did you?" She stopped herself, "Molly" she answered her own question, nodding slightly with a dark laugh.
"You don't have to answer, if you don't want."
"no" She let out the dark chuckle once more, "It's okay, and step dad. Saul's dad, I don't know my real dad" She explained, "But he's as good as" she took a long sip of her beer, Dean looked at her in sympathy, not liking the sadness on the woman's face, and for some strange reason- unbeknownst to him, he felt his hand reach towards hers and give it a reassuring squeeze. Smiling down at his hand, Gaby was intrigues as to why he did the small yet kind gesture, but not pondering to long on the fact, she began to explain her story.
"We were in Washington, just off a hunt. Simple salt and burn." She took another sip of her beer, "We were on the way back in a motel. I went on a food run, when I was coming back, I could hardly see" She looked into a blank space, as if imagining the whole ordeal once more, Dean rubbing her hand softly, "I had this migraine. It was like a ringing in my head, a buzzing? Like radio frequency, you know when your switching station" She looked at Dean to confirm he was following her, he nodded in assurance, "Then the whole room just- imploded. In this bright light. When I went in, my-my dad was on the floor. Lifeless."
"A bright light?" Dean asked curiously,
"Yeah, and I swear to God, I'm gonna find the Son of a Bitch, whatever it is, and kill it" She laughed sadly, before dismissing her thoughts,
"Your turn. Where's your family?" She asked, Dean was just about to open his mouth when Molly and Sam walked in. Automatically, this caused Gaby and Dean to jump as far apart from each other as possible, looking at the pairing who had just entered like deer in headlights.
Dean coughed, "How did the hunt go, you gank her?" He asked, Sam and Molly looked from one another,
"Yeah, but we ran into some trouble, there were actually a lot more" Sam answered,
"Did you get them all though?" Gaby asked,
"Yeah" Molly said, taking a beer and sitting down on one of the armchairs. Sam following suit.