Status: Please let me know if you want me to continue for a bit so I can add more Poe if you like?

Awakening

Chapter 6

As the Falcon lands on D'Qar I worry a little about the consequences of my insubordination. I get up painfully, holding my arm as if it was in a sling, it's stiff after being shot in the shoulder. I exit the Falcon to go and find General Organa, I head for the command centre where I see her speaking to an officer. I take a deep breath before walking towards her.

"General" I say greeting her sheepishly

She turns to me and when she sees who addressed her she looks surprised

"Amara" she says shocked

She dismisses the officer who hurries away as she looks at my wound and bandages.

"Forgive me for my insubordination general, I did what I thought necessary and I surrender myself to your judgement" I say

"Under different circumstances you would be trailed and put to court martial. But you helped bring back BB8 and the map to Luke" she says smiling softly "you also brought Han back" she adds quietly "but don't make it a habit" she says before looking apologetic and moving towards me.

"I'm sorry about your parents" She says hugging me, I hug her back gently as I try not to break down about loosing my family. At least I've still got Leia who is like a mother to me. "I'm glad you're back" she says moving away "go to the infirmary, get yourself patched up" she says softly.

I nod "yes general" I say smiling a little.

I make my way to the infirmary down the busy corridors until I walk through the double doors. I hear Chewie before I see him, he speaks to the female doctor that's attending to his arm injury.

"That sounds very scary."

He replies in a low moan

"You must be so brave."

Chewie agrees, not so humbly.

"Amara, are you a sight for sore eyes" a man says from the back of the room as he walks towards me.

"Hello James" I say amused

"Come on, you know the drill" he says inclining his head as he heads back to the back of the room.

"Are you calling me accident prone?" I chuckle following him.

"No, not at all, just saying you must miss me when you're not injured so you get injured to visit" he says playfully

"You got me" I chuckle as I take my jacket off "you know how I miss your charming personality when you're not around"

He laughs a little as he pulls a screen around me

"I'm glad you're back" he says smiling

"I am too" I say smiling

"Well, you're not here to chat, gotta' get you patched up. So that in a few hours you can come back to see me again" he teases.

I chuckle and sit on the edge of a bed so he can have a look at my arm, back of my hand and palm

"Alright, they're all sorted, you're going to have to take your shirt off so we can get to your shoulder" he says.

"What a way to get a girl out of her clothes" I chuckle and take it off painfully, it sticks to the wound a little bit causing it to bleed slightly as it tears the skin. The blood dribbles onto my white sport bra.

"That looks nasty"

"Yeah, they shot holes into my jacket, I'm gonna' need a new one" I say looking at the jacket.

He chuckles

"It's a good job your sense of pain is almost none existent, that one would have had you down for a few hours" he says

"Hooray for my Sensory Processing Disorder" I chuckle a little. I lie down on the bed and he sits down on a chair at the edge to get to my shoulder.

"Relax, maybe have a nap" he suggests. "This may sting a little" he warns. I let myself relax and try not to think about it, closing my eyes.

I daydream while the doctor works on my arm.

I hear the screen get moved quickly and the doctor stops what he's doing on my arm and gets up. He doesn't say anything but I hear him sit back down a moment later and carry on with my shoulder, occasionally drying the blood dripping from my wound as he pulls out bits of my shirt and jacket.

When he's finished he bandages me up and I open my eyes looking at my shoulder.

"Thank you" I say before looking up to see Poe. I get up quickly and hug him glad to see he's alright. Yes I saw him flying but seeing him In front of me, I couldn't contain my relief. He hugs back firmly but gently.

"I thought you were dead" he says sounding just as relieved that I'm not dead.

"I thought you were dead" I say looking up at him "never do that again!" I say hitting him in the chest for scaring me. "I thought I'd lost you" I say hugging him again.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and fed" he says softly. I reluctantly move away and nod. I pick up my dirty and holy shirt critically.

"Well I'm not wearing that..." I say throwing it in the bloody material bin.

I grab the arms of my flight suit and pull it on, zipping it up before grabbing my jacket. I look at it contemplating binning it.

"I'll patch it up" I say sentimental about the jacket.

Poe chuckles and takes it from me. He wraps his arm around me and moves the screen out of the way as we leave the infirmary.

We're now in my room sitting on my bed eating food. I've gotten changed into something clean and had an awkward wash in the sink making sure I don't wet the bandages and I've let my hair down out of the bobble.

"So, new ship?" I ask smiling as I eat.

"Fancy new paint job give it away?" he chuckles.

"I couldn't tell the difference from the ground, looks like any other fighter" I say playfully

"Yeah, well I needed a new one after getting off Jakku" he says smiling

"How did you get off Jakku?" I ask curiously as I finish my food and put the plate on the bedside table.

"Well, after waking up in the desert with no memory I walked for I don't know how long, luck had it that a Blarina named Naka Iit came by on a speeder and decided to help me, I, in turn, helped him when some thieves tried to disable the speeder and take everything Naka had. I took control of the speeder at the reluctance of the Blarina slowed to a stop feigning surrender and when they were close enough I hit the accelerator sending Naka and I skyward and showering the would be thieves in hot sand, disabling
their speeders temporarily. Naka, impressed with my piloting then helped me get off Jakku"

"Sounds as hectic as when I was there" I chuckle

"I heard you went to Jakku. I was told you crashed. I thought you were dead. How did you get off Jakku and end up with Han Solo of all people?" He asks sounding concerned.

So I explain.

"Rathtars? He had three live Rathtars on board?" He asks shocked "how did he manage that?"

"He had a bigger crew" I repeat what Han told us when we asked the same question.

"And then they got free?" He asks I nod and continue my story.

I finish my explanation by saying "...I told you I would come after you" matter of factly.

"Yes you did, but you could have been killed" he says softly "shot at, crash landing, shot at again, Rathtars and more shooting..." He says

"Like I said, I got a bad feeling and I was worried about you"

"I heard you disobeyed orders" he points out

"Well... The general never specifically said they were orders..." I say

"It looks like I'm rubbing off on you after all" he chuckles a little. There's a moment of silence.

"I should let you rest" he says getting up.

"Do you have to go?" I ask not wanting him to leave.

"The general-"

"Will send for you if she needs you. Right now I need you" I say. I've spend all this time thinking he was dead, I don't want him to go so I can wake up and find out this is a dream.

"Please don't go" I say quietly

"As long as you promise to get some rest" he suggests.

I nod.

He also nods and then sits back down on the edge of the bed. I move over to him and lean on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer as he lies down and I cuddle up to him. Feeling relaxed for the first time in I'm not sure how long.

I feel sleep creeping up on me but I try and push it away. I don't want to sleep yet, I just want to be here with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I'd love some creative criticism, or just comments letting me know if you like it or not.