‹ Prequel: Liberation
Status: Please lemme know what you think of this story, its one of my favorite sci-fi ideas.

Liberation: The Hybrid

Reunions

They woke up to cheering. Vesper was quick to leap up and run outside. She saw the mass of countless rebels from all over the galaxy,old and young,human and alien,together in unity. Laney and Eon waved to her from a small concession stand. "Well what do you think?" Laney said excitedly. "It's amazing! There's so many people here!" Vesper was astounded at the size of the gathering. "Yup these things don't usually get big but it's our big end of the year meeting planning next year's raids and riots." Eon chuckled. Laney nodded. "Hey I was wondering where you went." Leo groggily rubbed his tired eyes and stood next to Vesper.

A grey-human hybrid ran up to Laney and hugged her as they started to walk to the giant stage in front of the mass of people. The hybrid has soft,wavy orange hair. Laney kissed her forehead. "Anna, meet Vesper,Pluto's kid, and her friend Leo." Laney introduced everybody to her girlfriend. Anna adjusted her glasses and bowed saying hello.They all continued up the stage and behind the curtains. Standing right there,signing papers , he brushed his black hair behind his ear. His bright glowing orange eyes widened. "Vesper?" he said. Vesper's knew it was him a cold tear ran down her cheek and she punched him right between the eyes. The other rebels in the tent started to tense into an attack stance. Pluto waved them off. "Look I know you're mad but you don't know why I left." Pluto pouted as he rubbed where Vesper punched him. "At Least give your old man a hug first." He held his arms out. Vesper made a sour face. Pluto sighed. "I left to protect you guys. The government got a hold of my position and i knew if they found out where you and your mother were they would surely kill you both!" Vesper's large cat like ears faced down in remorse. She hugged her dad.

"Uh guys we got a problem." Leo said nervously as he looked from behind the curtain at federal ships closing in on the gathering. A riot bursted out between the two groups. The rebels picked a good fight but they were all captured and sent to separate hybrid camps. Luckily Pluto and Vesper were sent to the same one. Vesper clashed against the solid , strong as steel glass wall of her cell. Guards tapped on her window just to tease her but they weren't teasing anymore when she pulled a metal bar from off the wall and shattered the glass. She ran down the hall and broke every cell wall. She stopped in front of the one with her dad and smiled. She broke the wall and together ran to find Leo. They found him sitting in an old rusted wheelchair. Vesper helped him up he could barely walk but they ran to a ship. The guards were shooting at them left and right but they made it to a ship. It was new years and fireworks were being set off in civilian villages nearby. So Vesper had to navigate past those and the blasts from light cannons. Thankfully the fireworks blurred the accuracy of the cannons and they escaped. Right as the clock hit 12:00.