‹ Prequel: Liberation
Status: Please lemme know what you think of this story, its one of my favorite sci-fi ideas.

Liberation: The Hybrid

She Can Run...

Vesper and Leo wondered into a small town much like the ones in the old western movies of Earth. The locals coward at the pair. Linai a reptilian-human hybrid strided up to them. "People here aren't too fond of outsiders." She gave them a stern questioning look. "Look we just kinda bounced off a crashing ship and need a place to wind down." Leo pleaded. Vesper sighed. Linai caught sight of a government ship up in the sky. "Look you can stay but right now we need to hide." She pulled them into a saloon. The ship landed on the outskirts of town, government officials hopped out of the ship. A town elder walked slowly with his cane towards the mean group of officials. "The hybrid, and two outlaws were spotted here." The leading official, a general, shoved wanted posters into the elders face. "I don't know what your talking about." The elder replied nervously. "Of course you don't." The general kicked the elder in the stomach, he fell to the ground clenching his stomach and cane. Townspeople carried the elder away in a hurry. Linai stormed outside with her shotgun, her flax dress that looked much like the ones that the mayan women of earth wore. She held the gun close to the general's face. The guards accompanying the general held their guns to Linai. Vesper had enough and sprinted towards the commotion. She gave Linai a confident smirk and Linai returned it. Her shotgun's blast was heard across the desert planet. The bullet blew a huge hole in the general's shoulder. "You missed little girl." The general picked Linai up by her long black hair and threw her into the ship. "You too rebel scum." The general reached for vesper but she bit him and leapt back. Leo disappointed yet inspired by Vesper's energy went outside to help her. They took on all the guards but the general was too strong. He threw them into the ship. And hours after they left Pluto arrived. "Yup.Vespers's definitely has been here." He inspected guards whining about a tough, odd colored,jumao chick.