‹ Prequel: Liberation
Status: Please lemme know what you think of this story, its one of my favorite sci-fi ideas.

Liberation: The Hybrid

Unity.

The escape pod floated through space. Then they got a transmission from a near by ship. "Ello you guys nee--Pluto's kid!Your dad's been looking fer you!And we can take you to him!We're fellow rebel comrades!" The woman's voice rang through the video call she had a British accent but she obviously wasn't from earth or any human colony for she was an Jumao. "Come aboard!" A happy male voice chimed in. In seconds the escape was being pulled onto the spaceship. The woman greeted them. "Ello I'm Laney!And well aren't you a cutie?" She poked Vesper's cheek. "Um. Thanks." Vesper smiled sheepishly. "Haha too bad I already have a girlfriend." Laney chuckled and beckoned for them to follow. They followed her down a long steel hallway. "Your dad should be in the capital city on Silicon-5 the planet and city he grew up in." She continued to update Vesper on how her dad was doing. "In fact we're going to one of his rallies tomorrow.You'll get to see the master in action." Vesper stopped at a picture hanging in the hallway. "What is this?" She asked. "Hybrid camps...I'm really actually surprised through your whole adventure you haven't see one?" Vesper shook her head no. "Anyways at these camps they kill hybrids and their families,lovers and friends one by one some quickly some slowly and painfully.They're much like the holocaust camps earth had during their second world war." Laney ran her fingers accross the picture. It was a picture of two children both covered in sores and cuts they were starving and one child whom looked like a grey-human hybrid was missing one of his large black eyes. "Huh.Laney isn't that a picture of us?" A man walked out of a nearby engine room. "Oh.Yeah it is,Eon." Laney said putting her hands on her hips. Eon was a the child in the picture he had a missing eye.Dark hair and a almond shaped face,he was really tall and lanky. "They ripped my eye out in the cafeteria when i wouldn't salute the overseer.They ripped it out with a spork." He said shamefully rubbing his eye-patch. "Wow." Leo said.Eon nodded. Leo and Vesper spent the night aboard the ship as it sped off towards Silicon-5.
♠ ♠ ♠
did ya get my tales of the borderlands reference? ;p