Status: Completed

BioHazard

Supernova Part II

As we’d continued to walk down the hall, I can’t phantom what Lee has told us. According to Steve Spencer, Morgan brought out Joey’s services for the sake of the viral outbreak. For a B.O.W., Lee seems more human than monster or weapon then anything we’ve faced next to Regina. The Mask. That could be Umbrella in disguise trying to resurface to the board game.

Now it all seems to make sense what the each of the S.TA.R.S. members meant. When I was younger before the Raccoon City viral outbreak, I approached a man with slick blonde hair with dark sunglasses wearing a blue and black shirt and vest. He’d noticed me standing in front of looking up towards him, like he was a giant and I was the ant. The man with an odd aura knelt to my height at the time of my former youth. I couldn’t see his eyes through his sunglasses, but I feel his gaze.

“What is your name?” I asked.

“I’m Captain Albert Wesker of the S.T.A.R.S team,” he said, “You came to me. Do you have any questions?” he asked.

“Well, first my name is Tasha Veil and I was wondering when you go and – and catch the bad guys, what do you expect?” I asked him curiously.

“Oh, expect the unexpected question is it? When I go to my mission, I expect nothing, simple as that,” he stated.

After Wesker made that outright statement, another man approached me, knelt and picked me up in his caring arms. Oddly enough I couldn’t remember his face. However, I shook my head to place my focus on the present. When this is over, I’m going to join the B.P.A. after the Shore Florida outbreak issue is resolved. Along the way, we’d encountered multiple zombies along with more B.O.W. (exclude Lee and Regina) than what we can handle.

After that stunt that Joey pulled, splitting up was out of the question. Then again, who can blame us because the person that ruined everything isn’t here to take the fall for his actions. Joey services were brought? Yet, I spent my entire relationship trust in him then he’d betrayed us…. Or rather me. Every now and then I would look at the diamond cut engagement ring on my left ring finger.

Just the thought of having the ring alone brought me to tears. As we’d continued down the hallway, we saw a double door that was already opened. Standing there typing on the laptop was none other then Joey himself. In silenced, we pointed the gun at him in unison expect for the Lee and Regina.

“Sure thing, so the escape pod is already ready for departure and then this place would go BANG, right?” he asked as he was pacing back and forth without noticing us.

He laughed menacingly.

“The escape pod is wide enough for almost entire city,” he said, “I’ll be Mr. Celebrity overnight,” he said.

We carefully walked in the lab with our guns on Joey.

“Put you on speaker? Why?” he asked.

Joey put his phone on speaker.

“You turn around now, Joey,” said the woman on the phone.

Joey turned around to face us.

“What’s the matter Joey? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost?” I asked semi jokingly.

“Tasha,” he said.

“Tsk tsk tsk. Joey looks like you’d failed, again. (Again?) First, you were instructed to get rid of your close companions and secondly, you failed to make sure that said companion is unmovable. But its okay Joey cause although you may have failed, the B – Virus hasn’t,” she said.

“What do you--,” he stopped mid-sentence.

Joey was holding his stomach in pain.

“What have you done to me? We had an agreement” he asked.

“No Joey, you and the dollar signs had the agreement. Not realizing that the money itself was infected the moment you’d touched it,”

Joey dropped to his knees. Although he’d betrayed our trust, he was still human. Some sort of slimy liquid came out of his mouth. Are those his insides? Something else was coming out of him, too. Whatever it was… it consumed him completely.

Joey was gone. Now its some sort of a mutated spider monster.

“Don’t worry, to make things easier on you good folks, I’ll do this,”

[Nuclear Reaction meltdown in 10 minutes]

After the lady cut off all connections for help, the monster attacked us without even hesitating. As the countdown started, there were no more need for conversation. Lee and Regina were using their abilities as B.O.Ws. to help while we’re (Billy and I) using ammo and running out fast. The monster is insubstantial to fire. Of course, fire is its breaking point.

“Billy, Tasha, you find some sort of canister and use it on him,” said Regina.

“We’ll hold off Uroboros Arañas. I had to give it a name,” said Lee.

Ignoring what Lee just said, Billy and I looked for flammable canisters. We’d found some left and right. As we’ve just hit the five-minute mark of the Nuclear Reaction meltdown, we’d were able to break it down to smears. We’d wasted two more minutes fight what was once Joey. The monster dropped something, it was a card. I rolled over towards the card then used it.

While the monster was hurt, the countdown continued as we made our way towards the exit to the escape pod. Regina got in the pod first, then Bill, and Lee. I was last one to get in the pod, but something grabbed my leg. The monster, we thought it was dead. The monster was roaring in a pleading way. Lee and Regina held on to me as Billy continued to fire his gun at it.

“This isn’t working,” said Billy.

He went to do something, I don’t know my attention was to survive.

“Tasha, we have a wedding to attend to,” I heard it speak in my head.

Billy came back with something in his hand.

“NO! Let me,” I insisted.

Billy handed me a gun, that reads solar launcher. Before I can fire, I took off the engagement ring and placed it inside the reload function. I aimed it carefully.

“Sorry, Joey I don’t want to marry you. It’s not you, it’s me,” I said.

Then I fired the gun. We’d watched as the monster dissolved into particles. Once gotten far enough, the entire city exploded. The explosion was so loud, you could have sworn it was a nuclear bomb. Once the escape pod didn’t go no further, we’d saw a helicopter with a ladder.

One by one, we’re all in the helicopter, there was a man with a bob cut like style. He had blue eyes and a thin mustache and beard. He’d appeared to be in his mid to late thirties. The man sought down across from us.

“My name is Leon S. Kennedy, I’m sorry that the cry for help was delayed somehow, can you tell me what happened?” he asked.

We all told our share of story.

***

Six years later

Six years has passed since that incident in Shore Florida, that event left me mentally scarred, but it also thought me more about survival and that everything will be on the line once the time came. Completely smitten after we’d met Leon, Regina decided to join him in the government service. Lee returned to his wife and kids just waiting for the next mission to come. Billy were pardon by the president from Leon’s request but he’s now a training expert for the B.P.A. And as for me…

“General you have some people here to see you,” the man said.

I stood on my feet and to meet the people of whom my subordinate spoken of. There was a well-built man, standing there with a couple of men with him. Somehow, that man looks familiar to me. The man looked my way.

“I’m Chris Redfield,” he introduced himself, “I’m the captain of the BSAA,” he said with a smile.

I’m Tasha Veil,” I introduced myself, “I’m the general of the BPA,” I said smiling back.

“I’m here to ask do you want to help us get the remnants of Umbrella? Like the children that was taking away from their families,” he offered as he showed me files.

As I looked on the files, I found a woman that still hasn’t been found yet. A woman named Faye Taylor

“Sure thing,” I accepted.

[The End]