Love Anatomy: Forgiveness

Prologue

BANG! BANG!

CRASHHH!

SCREECCCHHH...

"Sunshine, take my granddaughter with you!" An old man shouted from the blazing fire and gunshots. "I won't let them kill you!"

"But Dad! I can't leave you here!" Protested the woman who is carrying a baby girl sound asleep wrapped in a pink blanket.

"Just go with Albert!" The old man pushes away the woman.

The woman cried and hugged her father tightly, never wanting to let go. She is not afraid to die but her father made sense. She cannot risk putting her life and her daughter's life in danger.

"But where will we go?" She asked through tears.

"In the Philippines." He whispered to her.

"Why there?" She asked in wonder. She's been in the Philippines quite a lot but never actually lived there.

"No one would think of looking for you there. They would think that you would go hiding into some place safer."

Another old man approached them; he was holding a gun on his right hand. He is the father-in-law of Sunshine, father of her husband.

"Have you already told her where they need to go?" The second man asked.

"Yes, they're about to leave."

"Hold on." The second man said, he quickly fumbles on his pockets as if looking for something. After a few more sconds he pulled out a brooch. He held it out to his daughter-in-law. "Give this to my grandaughter when she turns three."

He held out half of it to her and the other on his left hand. "Father, you broke it."

He chuckles. "No, my dear. It is designed that way. To be separated into two."

She quickly put the brooch and pinned it on her child's blanket.

"Hurry, daughter. You must leave this place right away!" Her father ushered her.

"We promise to get you when the right time comes."

"Promise me, you're not going to die here!" She pleaded to the two old men.

"We are too young and too evil to die!" They chuckled at the joke.

"Promise me!"

"We will live for you and your family." The second man answered. "We will make sure to get you and make you reign our empire with our granddaughter."

A man suddenly appeared, he is also holding a gun in his two hands. "Father?" He called at them.

"It is us, Albert."

"Come quickly now!" The first man said. "Leave!"

The younger of the two men grabbed the woman's hand and they run like the wind, and never stopped until they reached an amphibian car.

The woman looked back, fear in her heart for her own father and her father-in-law which she loved dearly. She uttered a prayer to God to make them safe for the three of them.

She looked at her husband and he hugged her while starting the car. She just looked back until she could no longer see the mansion they left.

Her husband told her to get some rest and not worry anymore of their parents. She followed his words and closed her eyes.

 

——————————

 

Philippines. 12:04 AM

 

They arrived safely on the shores of Cebu where a man was standing by the shore holding a flashlight and a lamp on both hands. He shouted at them. "Messuire? Mademoiselle?"

"Hush Anton, it is us." Albert said to the man. Anton quickly approached the amphibian car and helped out the woman and her child.

"I'm so glad that you are all okay!" He exclaimed.

"Thank you Anton." The woman smiled at him and he bowed to her. "I owe my life, my wealth and family to both of your families, Mademoiselle."

"Anton, I hope that this will not cause you any danger." Albert said to him.

"No matter what Sir. I'm at your service."

"Thank you, we owe our lives to you." The woman said.

"Has my father fixed everything here?"

"Yes, Sire. We took care of everything. Even your soon to be new personalities."

"We are glad that you are there to help us."

"Everything for you Sir and your family." He bowed low to them and offered them to rest.

Albert advice them to go first and he forgot the car keys so he told them he will just get them.

While inside the car, he looked behind him and a sad look appeared on his face. He doesn't want to think negatively, but they have nothing that will keep them from holding to their parent's promise.

He silently prayed that God will not forsake them and went inside the house.