Forever Girl

1

I walked through the basement of the United Center towards the Blackhawks Locker Room. I had a chai tea in one hand for myself and a dark roast coffee in the other for my father. I felt my phone vibrate in my purse as I went to pull it out, meanwhile balancing the drinks in the tray in one hand and fishing for my phone with the other.

It was my best friend Lexi texting me to remind me of our lunch plans for later.I rolled my eyes, responding that I had reminded her already that I had to cancel because I was working with my dad. Somewhere between typing my response and balancing the drinks I lost track of what was in front of me as I collided with what felt like a person.

“Fuck me,” I mumbled. My phone and both of my drinks went spilling.

“Pretty forward, I don’t even know your name yet but sure.”

I stood up with my drinks, not much had spilled out miraculously to come face to face - or chest to face if you were taking in the height difference - with one of the best looking guys I had seen in awhile.

“Can I have my phone?” I asked impatiently as I glanced at my device in his hand. I was already late to meet my dad because I made a coffee stop.

“Lexi says you’re a bitch and she hopes you don’t ever have good sex again,” the guy said as he read my phone, “She seems fun,” he smirked, handing my phone back to me.

I snatched my phone back, “Thanks,” I mumbled, walking away and towards the locker room.

“Ice girl tryouts are upstairs!”

I stopped walking, turning around to glare at the boy. “Well then good luck, hope you make it!”, I said with all the sarcasm I had in me as I walked away.

“I’m Trevor by the way!” I heard him call behind me.

“Didn’t ask,” I said, not bothering to turn around as I pushed open the door to the locker room. I could hear him laughing to himself as the doors closed.

My dad was the head coach of the Chicago Blackhawks. He had been asking me to come help him out and get involved with the Hawks organization ever since I graduated and moved home from college. None of the players were in the locker room. Today was an optional skate that began at 10 so the guys who were here were all on the ice.

“You’re late.”

“Daddy!” I screeched as I ran to my father, seeing a smile crack on his face, “I would’ve been on time but I wanted to bring you coffee and then some guy ran into me right before I got in here and all of my stuff went crashing.”

“I’ll let you slide this time around,” my dad said as he tried to keep a serious face, but I could see the softness in his eyes. I nodded, taking a seat in one of the player cubbies as my dad sifted through his emails on his ipad.

“It’s a media day today, can you go through this doc and make sure everyone who was cleared to come in today was cleared and given their pass? I have to hit the ice with the boys for a little.”

I nodded as my dad brought his ipad to me.

“I’m glad you’re here Bella.”

“Me too dad,” I said, getting straight to work with my task.

Calling all of the media outlets and double checking that they were still coming and had their passes for tonight only took about 20 minutes. I used the rest of my time before my dad and the boys got off the ice to check my social media and procrastinate for a little.

“Hello, media already?”

I almost choked on my drink, scared of the sudden break in silence as I looked up from my phone to see a blonde about my age with a very strong accent. I smiled politely as he took a seat in a cubby a few seats down from the one I was currently in.

“I’m Bella, Joel is my dad.”

“I am Teuvo, I not mean to scare,” he chuckled. My smile widened at his accent, maybe we could be friends I thought.

“No worries. So Teuvo, where are you from?”

“He’s from Finland and you’re in my seat.”

I whipped my head, my blonde hair hitting me in my face as I looked up to see Trevor, the guy who knocked into me earlier. I guess ice girl tryouts didn’t work out too well for him, I laughed inwardly to myself at my own joke.

“What part of Finland,” I turned back to Teuvo pretending not to hear Trevor.

“Is the blonde getting to your head, move.”

“Look asshole-”

“It’s Trevor,” he snapped back.

“And once again I didn’t ask nor do I -” I stopped talking as my dad re-entered the locker room.

“Oh perfect! Bella, this is Teuvo and Trevor, you never had a chance to meet them before. Boys, this is Bella, my daughter,” my dad grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was in the mood to write and came up with this, let me know if I should continue it or not:)