Status: Writing. Posting.

Perfect

Two.

“I don’t know how you spend all summer with him and not want to jump him,” Madison told Talullah that night on her trampoline.
Talullah shrugged and smiled. “Easy, I’ve known him forever.” Her response was automatic, but the thought of doing anything physical with Ethan caused butterflies to take flight in Talullah's stomach.
“Yes, but have you seen him?” Madison asked. “I mean, have you really taken a look at the boy?”
“Yes, Mad. I have. And yes, I’ll admit he’s good looking, but it’s Ethan.”
“So?” Madison asked. “What does that even mean?”
Talullah shrugged, even though Madison couldn’t see the motion. They both were laying next each other, staring up at the stars. They often found themselves this way at night, before the nightly festivities began.
“I can’t explain it, it would just be weird.” Talullah finally said.
“What would be weird?” The girls jumped at Ethan’s voice. Talullah blushed, and was thankful for the darkness surrounding them.
Talullah sat up as Ethan and Brent, Ethan’s best friend, made their way through the bushes that separated their yards. Talullah watched as they pushed through the hedges and Ethan jumped up onto the trampoline, which resulted in the girls bouncing around like popcorn in a microwave bag.
“Nothing that would interest you,” Talullah said to Ethan.
“Anything you girls do interest us,” Brent said and sent them a wink.
Talullah rolled her eyes and smiled at them.
“Yeah, Lu. So spill,” Ethan said and nudged his friend.
“We were just talking about who we should hook up with this summer,” Madison said.
Talullah looked at the redhead with big eyes. She smiled at Talullah innocently.
“Well, anyone who Lu chooses will have to go through Ethan,” Brent said and pointed at his friend.
“Why do you say that?” Talullah asked while she watched Ethan.
“Obviously I have to make sure they’re not grade-A douchebags,” Ethan said easily.
Madison beamed at her best friend and Talullah shook her head.
“If you say so E.”

---


The party was in full swing by time the four made their way into the beach house. Talulah pushed through the crowd, and made her way into the kitchen. She felt Ethan’s hand on the small of her back, which sent a shiver down her spine.
She turned her head and caught his eye.
“I need a drink,” She yelled. He nodded and tilted his head toward the kitchen.
“Lu!” Talulah heard her name moments before arms wrapped around her neck and limbs crashed into her body.
She nearly fell over but Brent stood behind her blocking the blow.
“I was waiting for you guys for ages!” The small brunette in front of Talullah yelled.
“Oh Cee, twenty minutes doesn’t qualify as forever.” Talullah said and laughed.
Ceceila rolled her eyes and put one of her hands on her slim waist.
“It does if no one I like is here to chat and dance with!” Ceceila yelled.
Madison made her way around Brent and gave her friend a hug.
“I have to tell you what happened on the tramp before we got here,” Madison yelled to Ceceila.
Ceceila’s eyes grew at the mention of any gossip.
“Not right now,” Talullah begged. She looked around to ensure Ethan wouldn’t overhear the conversation.
“I’m going to go help E with the drinks,” Brent said.
Talulah sighed in appreciation, completely forgetting the fact that Ethan’s best friend stood inches away, definitely in earshot of the conversation.
“What happened?” Ceceila asked. Her whole body bounced, eagerly waiting to hear the juicy news.
“Basically Brent said Ethan has to approve of any guy that Lu has a fling with this summer.” Madison said matter of factly.
Ceceila deflated slightly. “Yeah? So?”
“You guys are so stupid sometimes!” Madison said throwing her hands up in the air. “That means that Ethan totally likes her.”
Ceceila’s lips lifted into a smile, which turned into a full grin.
“I totally knew that!” She yelled.
Talullah shook her head quickly. “You guys are so wrong. We’re just friends.”
“I got you a beer, sorry it’s the only thing I could find,” Ethan said behind her.
Talullah tensed as she spun around.
He smiled and lifted one red cup to his lips.
“How long have you been standing there?” She asked before she grabbed the second cup and swallowed a large gulp of the foamy beverage.
“Maybe a second?” He asked more than said.
She released the tension and smiled. “Okay, good. Thanks for this,” she said as she lifted the cup.
“Can we dance now?” Ceceila whined behind Talulah.
“I need more beer for that,” Brent said standing behind Madison and Ceceila.
“I second that,” Ethan said. “Have you seen Nick yet?”
“He’s over at the table playing quarters with some girls from Arbors,” Brent said as he nodded toward the dining room table.
“Arbor girls are trashy,” Madison mumbled.
Talullah smiled and knew Madison had a slight crush on Nick.
Nick, like Brent, was one Ethan’s best friends, and was always good looking. He often had a new girlfriend every week and dated almost the entire senior class before school finished.
“Let’s go dance,” Talullah said trying to distract her friend.
“Finally!” Ceceila tugged on the girl’s wrists and dragged them to the living room where the furniture was pushed up against the wall. In the middle of the room bodies swayed to the beat, hands held up the plastic red cups, and girls sang along with the lyrics to the pop song playing through the speakers.
It always took Talullah a couple of minutes to warm up to the music, to get into the beat. Tonight, she felt like eyes were on her, but she didn’t want to turn and see.
“Lu, Ethan cannot stop watching you,” Madison said into the blonde’s ear.
Talullah blushed and Ceceila squealed.
“Oh my God, you totally like him!” She yelled. The dancers near them turned and stared at the trio. Talullah blushed and smacked her friend's arm.
“No, I don’t.” She said immediately.
“Would it be so bad if you did?” Madison asked.
“He’s my neighbor and best friend,” She said.
“You didn’t answer her question,” Ceceila pointed out.
The truth was that Talullah didn’t have the answer to that question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for the second chapter! Work has been crazy and I wanted to go over this again before I posted.
I want to say a BIG thank you to hereslookinatyou for the lovely comment. Thank you to whoever subscribed to the story as well!

I'll try and get chapter 3 up in the next week or so!